812 Spider | Page 36 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    nero would be your color

Not even in the market, just following along with interest to capture some excitement & I agree. At the end of the day it's a droptop GT front engine NA V12, what other options are out there. Assuming noise is relatively unmolested (praying it's so), must be a hell of a car for a cruise on a lovely day. And I'm not even a convertible/targa guy

JagShergill, Lukeylikey and uhn2000 like this.
  2. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Ok thats a good data point. Interested in hearing more and pun intended.

uhn2000 likes this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ANY day in a Ferrari is a lovely day!

Marcel Massini

4. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Agree!

5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Me I prefer the coupe without any doubt

MJR_HK, REALZEUS and pcht5 like this.
  6. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Spot on, Porto much better design, Folks here I think blinded by V12 aspect.

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    With declinations, if environementals rules give enough time.
    Watch the max rpm coming soon , work in progress !

jpalmito, of2worlds and red passion like this.
  8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Porto is one of the worse...It s a Pizza design in a plastic car

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    On the issue of whether 812 will perform same w/GPF as w/o, CAR AND DRIVER Sept issue had this to say in their road test of new 911 Carrera S w/GPF:

"The intercoolers have also been relocated to improve their cooling capacity and reduce -- but not eliminate -- turbo lag. From a stop, the engine isn't exactly a softy, but the real neck bending starts at 3000 rpm. That delay is apparent in our 5-to-60 mph test, which measures acceleration from a roll (i.e. without the benefit of launch control). Stomping on the throttle in that test results in a 4.2 second run. We're not imagining it. The lag is measurable and costs this 911 four-tenths of a second compared with the last-gen 911 GTS (w/o GPF) which made seven horsepower more.

One possible reason for such significant lag is that our Europe-spec test car came with a particulate filter, which is akin to stuffing a high-tech sock into the exhaust stream. We won't get the filter in the States when the 911 goes on sale this fall. Porsche gives Euro versions slightly more boost and some engine management tweaks to offset the filter and promises that the US-market models will perform identically to the ones sold in Europe, but we're hopeful that American versions, without the equivalent of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, will have better low-rpm response."

10. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    But it's their intention at least?

11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Too earlier to know in details

red passion likes this.
  12. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    No

REALZEUS likes this.
  13. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Amen

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Porsche as I noted before tunes the USA motor to mimic the GPF function on the European version. The USA motor will respond as if it to is saddled with the horrid GPF added.

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Did a quick scan on Google. Interesting it seems no magazines papers etc have published the leaked photo's.

I am thinking they have been told to ignore "or else!"

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well, that is a pretty darn bright light:)

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What does that even mean? It's the same materials used in both cars.

REALZEUS likes this.
  18. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    I find the 812 Spider with the faked window for this price ugly.

pcht5 likes this.
  19. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Because the PF was designed from the off as a a hard top folding convertible. Some on my visit felt it was Ferrari arrogance that they presented such an unresolved design, clearly compromised by the need to use the 488 parts bin, as if anything they present could be sold . You cannot imagine Manzoni and team are proud of the design, indeed they must have been forced in a certain direction to have a hard top and use the parts bin , they simply would not have designed a car where the buttress curves into the cabin or a solid high wall behind the seats. To see the difference you can look at the John Collins SP3JC or the TRS both maybe less practical but far far better looking. It was what I had hoped for at least. Something with some genuine wow and desire factor. Its ok, but simply ok. Some love it of course, so it is down to personal opinion.

GK18, leopoldo, sampelligrino and 4 others like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In a perfect world the Portofino would be as good looking as the one-off SP3JC also maintaining the practicality of being two cars in one, a coupé and a convertible.
    Personally I think the Portofino is a good design and a better looking and more aggressive car than the California. Versatility imposes severe design restrictions and in those circumstances I doubt that even Leonardo's genius would have been able to sculpture a Portofino rear deck as beautiful as the one we see on the roof lacking SP3JC.

21. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I share your opinion totally. It wasn’t what I was expected to see at least not as special as I would have hoped it would be. However no disrespect to Ferrari by all means and to those who love it, it is as far as a I’m concerned ok

montpellier likes this.
  22. francescaoscar

Jun 11, 2014
    Uk
    My dealer just told me the name of the launch Grigio paint colour is named after the car - so it hasn’t been disclosed yet. Perhaps this means it will be Grigio Aperta as Grigio Spider doesn’t sound right? Anyway I guess we will find out tomorrow.

To my eyes the convertible looks great and there will be nothing like listening to the V12 with the top down . My coupe replacement has been located

23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Rear bumper of the Porto is the biggest cheap plastic i ve ever seen ! design is a total lack of imagination with F 12 inspiration on the bad way ! it clearly don t cost his price.
    Porto coupé is much better, but the task was easy !