Lewis and Ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lewis and Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by cmos, Sep 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    And still no facts... difference is when I debate I use facts to back up what I say unlike the anti- Hamilton group which have no facts which is hilarious.

william and ktu like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #77 daytona355, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    What facts? Suppositions and manipulations of statistics. How about looking at his stats between 2009 and 2013, and comparing them for the dominant car of the time, and driver, Sebastian Vettel.. do that, and not only does Elton look like an average driver barely keeping up with Jenson button, hardly held up as a shining example of a great driver himself, and a complete chump compared to vettel.. Sebastian drove rings around him many many times, but as I’m happy to admit, much of that was down to the car, just like the last five years where the Mercedes has been dominant. They have had hardly any issues, and when they have had them, the FIA have conspired to ensure, along with Pirelli, that those issues are solved.

As lead driver at Mercedes, he gets the calls every time, so is destined to be the champion driver each year by its virtue, much as IF the Ferrari were suddenly the dominant car, as team leader, Sebastian would be getting the call over Charles, it’s team politics and planning 101, yet you cant accept that this is the case, you insist it’s only down to him. Listen to the radio calls when he is winning easily, and listen to them when he is beaten, there is the true Elton, a fast but very flawed driver, on the edge of his mental ability just driving the car, unable to adapt to changing circumstance needing constant nannying and instruction from the pits. He is ONE OF THE TOP FIVE drivers in f1 today, no doubt, but he is NOT a great, regardless of statistics as they do not tell the whole story, and if you believe they do, then that is your choice, but it doesn’t make it the law for the rest of us that are able to interpret f1 on many levels other than Wikipedia pages.

If you put ricciardo, LeClerc, vettel, and certainly Verstappen, in his car, they would undoubtedly, once acclimatised to the car, deliver at the least matching results to those from Elton, and in Verstappens case at least, much improved performances, as the Mercedes is so good, even bottas can win in it, and he is second rate at best. In many ways, he is the Rubens (Ferrari years) of today, happy to tow the line to be in the best car, to collect points, to block the opposition if possible , and to try to win if Elton is unable to get there. He quietly gets on with this job every week for a decent pay packet no other team would consider giving him, so why wouldn’t he be happy to lose a two car race?, he waits for his opportunity in case it arrives, like every other second driver

If anyone can win in the Mercedes, why don’t they hire someone else? I hear you ask? Simple, why change, they have a contract, they get on, they are happy to put up with his ******** on occasion, he apparently sells Mercedes cars to someone, and whosever they get as team leader from the top five drivers, why would you assume they wouldn’t command similar wages, course they would, and there is always the chance that they will pick one that can’t get along with the way they work, such as ferrari have found with vettel this year (and red bull found in the first hybrid year with him) where he cannot seem to make the car work as well as Charles LeClerc

stavura and Nortonious like this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    By your logic are you admitting Schumi only won the majarity of his championships because he was in the best car? And that Montoya, Hakkenin, Villeneuve could have won in the Ferrari?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Schumi did win because he had the best car. Any F1 team’s goal is to build the best car and hire the best driver, and win the most championships. Schumi did nothing more or nothing less than Lewis is doing now. Only twist, is this is a Ferrari site so Lewis is doing it all wrong and Schumi did it all right ;)

lorenzobandini, Terra, Surfah and 3 others like this.
  5. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Because Ferrari.

I believe he really wants it. And it probably eats at his ego the possibility of F1's most storied team not wanting him.

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Schumacher also won two championships in the second best car, and then moved to ferrari and was responsible for helping the team come out of the doldrums to build a great car eventually, and win races and championships from a very lowly start. His hard work and ability was a key part of ferraris success.

Elton on the other hand is a fast driver, in the very best car which he has had no part in developing, he just turns up and drives.... that’s fine, no one can now do what Schumi did, drivers don’t test anymore. However, if Elton has a **** car, he can’t drive around an issue, he can’t adapt, he moans Nd whines rather than solve issues, or change his style, where Schumi would have worked harder and worked around the issues to get the very best result possible. That, my friend, is why he is the greatest, and Elton is the person with most of the greatest stats (20+ races a season and bulletproof reliability for all helps too) but not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath s the true greats that include Schumi, Senna, Clark, fangio, Moss etc

Substitute Elton with vettel, ricciardo, Alonso, Verstappen recently, LeClerc even more recently, and they would be able to match or even exceed Elton’s performances, they are all at his level or better as a driver.... but none hold a torch to Schumacher.

7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hyperbole... 2008 the McLaren was the third fastest car. 2017-2018 Ferrari had the faster car and lead the Championship but Vettel threw them away. Hamilton has always had the ability to make a dog into a winner that's why he's the only driver to win a race in every season he's raced in even when he shouldn't have.

william likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

All of the above statements are totally wrong, you need to sack the guy giving you information mate. The 2008 McLaren and Ferrari’s were very evenly matched, with the slight edge to the ferrari and to the McLaren at different points of the season, with stupid mistakes ending up costing massa the championship. No one but the group 44 people on this forum have ever suggested the 2017 or 2018 Ferraris were the dominant car of those seasons, far from it, though both cars had MOMENTS in the sun when Mercedes themselves had setup and tyre issues - but you know this, as this is not the first time I’ve had to explain it to you.

There really is a desperation in your posts to try to force people to love Elton like you do.... sad really. No one cares that you love him, go ahead, love him, it’s just that we wont

stavura, Guegangster and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think so.
    Ask proven WDC winners like Prost, or Alonso if going to Ferrari enhanced their careers.
    I don't think so. Also, look what it's doing to Vettel. LOL
    Hamilton don't need Ferrari, he won't find a better berth than the one he has at Mercedes.

ktu likes this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You keep trying to argue against real F1 drivers assesment on Ham being one of the greatest the sport has ever seen. Schumi has been beat by the competition as well, Villeneuve , Hakkinen, Alonso. The more i see Hamilton race i think he is on the same level or maybe better then Schumi, and Schumi was great. Shumi raced hard and consisitent, the WHOLE race. But as Rosberg said, Lewis has more natural talent than Schumi. Shumi had to do a lot of private testing to develope the Ferrari to his driving taste and winning car. As you say, Mercedes just built a car and Ham adapted to it with no testing and BOOM, won a championship the first year. That's called natural talent. If Hamilton had the testing time Shumi had, he would have at least 8 championships by now

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  11. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Never said dominate... I said faster. It's actually faster this year as well the Merc can't keep up in the straights and had to close in the corners

ktu and william like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You believe whatever you like sunbeam, whatever makes you happy... you know deep down the truth and your continual niggling just demonstrates your inner conflict knowing what you tell us is all wishful thinking hehehehehehehehehe

stavura, classic308 and fil like this.
  13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    You're suggesting why Hamilton should not do it.

I am telling you why Hamilton may WANT it. The part of my post you did not include:

"it probably eats at his ego the possibility of F1's most storied team not wanting him"

Different discussions.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake me up when you’re ready to actually talk about facts. Faster on straights and **** in the corners doesn’t make the car the fastest, you spend more time in the corners than anything else. Ferrari themselves have stated their car is in trouble and they went the wrong way in development with it, that it will only have the slimmest of chances on the very few circuits that they might be able to make the car work at.

classic308 likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think he wants it, and it doesn't eat his ego at all !!! What a strange idea .

Why would Hamilton contemplate leaving a well-oiled organisation to step into a dysfunctional team ?

Ferrari is not a box he needs to tick ...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    “On the edge of his mental ability just driving the car?”

Say what?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    lol loooool , Terra i needed that laugh lol, thats a funny statement man lol

ATBNM3 likes this.
  18. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    A strange idea that a person might be driven by ego? No, I know you've certainly seen that phenomenon in this world even if you don't believe it exists in LH.

I happen to believe LH is a very image-oriented ego-driven individual. He chooses himself over team behind a thin veil of false graciousness. But again, these are just my perceptions of him.

In that context, perhaps you can see why I believe rejection by Ferrari would bother him.

But just to mix up the discussion some, perhaps LH really wishes to stroke his own ego by TURNING DOWN an official offer from Ferrari.

None of it really matters. Sometimes it can be entertaining to speculate a persons actions based on observations of his character. Regardless, I don't think Ferrari need anything LH has to offer, other than possible secret recordings of Toto with FIA officials....heh heh.

19. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The operative word being POSSIBILITY.

Whether or not Ferrari truly want him is not something any of us are privy to, etc.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Its about winning, Hamilton can win without Ferrari, currently Ferrai can't win without him. Hamilton has stated going to Ferrari is no priority. Yes Ferrari is a storied team, but it takes more than that. Mclaren is a more siqnifacent historical team than RedBull, but you can't pay Max to go to Mclaren, because its about winning.

Mark(study), william and ATBNM3 like this.
  21. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    False graciousness?

The old Lewis-Is-Fake narrative . . .

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You ma
    You may believe what you want if that helps you to go through life.
    I have no time for fiction, and it wouldn't entertain me to imagine what someone may wish.
    I am interested in racing, not in psychology.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It was explained to you 100 times what the difference is but obviously you do not care about it...then you put it on the "Ferrari site"...

daytona355 likes this.
  24. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    only "old" because it was identified so long ago.

Why did you call me a "ma" ?? Be careful, some have been banned for less, heh heh.

My opinion of LH seems to have ruffled your feathers and you resort to ad hominem. Perhaps we should stick to the original concept of this thread. I would think a hypothetical move of the current WDC necessarily involves speculation about what he might want, which then opens the door to what motivates him.

You say you are interested in only racing and have "no time for fiction" so I suppose we're done here.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Today’s driver needs the best car to win, be it Ham or Seb or Schumey; as stated above Schumey built Ferrari into a powerhouse through relentless testing, something that Ham can never claim. That’s why Schumey will go down as the GOAT, as it was much more competitive in his day than it is today.

fil, daytona355 and Nortonious like this.