Can this be replacement to SD3 or SD2 tools? | FerrariChat

Can this be replacement to SD3 or SD2 tools?

Discussion in '612/599' started by smggms, Sep 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    Nospinzone and lee-o like this.
  2. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    Attached some screen shots from my car live data ..
    not sure what different between scglietti F137 and MY F137 selection and what F1 to select ..
    lot of nice data like PIS , clutch wear (7274)index not sure if that % or mm , how long the pump in on how many times engaged etc...

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Great, I need one of those. But is the data correct? 42,7 Volts and a system pressure of 568 bar?

4. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    I know for sure the PIS correct 2.7 that what the dealer set it 2 months ago..
    Any one know how to calculate clutch wear from open and closed position?

What the clutch wear index: 7274 represent ?

5. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    lee-o likes this.
  6. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The Foxwell is very good, especially for the price point. I don’t believe you can do any coding with it though? If you want something that’s more of a rival to an SD2/3 but at a much lower price point, then the Launch x431 platform is a much better bet, as it can do a lot of the programming functions rather than just reading data. For example, you can set up the clutch kiss point with the launch, but I don’t believe the Foxwell has This functionality yet?

Slightly higher up the price point the Autel Pro stuff will do most things a pro garage will need, but you’re getting into pretty serious money at that point. All these systems are just Chinese re-pros of the Leonardo, which is the only true alternative to the proper Ferrari tools.

lee-o likes this.
  7. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Funny thing is you’re starting to see copies of these Chinese copies. It’s bad enough when one company had tried to reverse engineer something they don’t fully understand, but when another company tried to reverse engineer the reverse engineering, the quality is starting to get seriously questionable.

Like all things, ultimately you get what you pay for.

lee-o likes this.
  8. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    You will be surprised , for less than 200$ fox come with lot of test options (ACTIVE TESTS) over 30 in each section ..
    Sections as left and right bank Ecu, f1 trans, instruments cluster , suspension, steering , etc..
    For that price , If I can tell how much clutch left and I/M all ready with out going to dealer .. I’ll be happy :)

lee-o likes this.
  9. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    $200??? Wow!!!

10. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Fully agree that it’s a cool piece of kit for the money, but you have to accept there’s a big difference between being able to ready values and run tests, and actually be able to program any of the parameters. I was in touch with Foxwell only a few weeks ago, and they said that at present the only programming function available for Ferrari 612 was to reset the service interval in the gauge module.

It’s the 360 boys that got me onto the Launch tool, as it can set up your clutch following replacement. Foxwell can’t yet perform such a function.

Like I said though- great tool for the money! An even better tool is on the way though in the form of 360trevs’ Swiss Army Knife, which will actually be able to perform SD2 functionality. Still in beta testing right now though I understand.

11. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    #11 smggms, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    I get your point , Foxwell is for owners seeking just info on their cars .. not necessarily have the knowledge or skills for replacing clutch , adjust PIS etc..

You have good point ..

I’m still trying to figure out how much. Clutch left on my car ? There is no wear percentage.. just wear index with no units
    And plate thickness .. when closed and open in in this forum ..

I found some formula for 360 and 430..

The difference between open and close
    Divided by 8.5( the suppose to
    Be the thickness of new clutch ) not sure it’s the same for 612

12. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    Any one can help with clutch life calculation? Is it correct formula for 612? Same factor 8.5

13. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    This is very interesting to me as well. Not sure I need the reset capability after a clutch change which I would not do myself, but would love to get more from the computer system!! Especially a meaningful look at clutch wear. Did you go to the Foxwell web site to get the Ferrari diagnostic software,E Mail them?
    I don't pretend to know how to translate the clutch wear, but it would be important to have that knowledge for sure. you would also have to know if you're dealing with the 599 clutch in the late 612s or the single disc model in the first few years of production. I think there is a reference somewhere on the serial number cut off. I know I have the later one on my OTO, but don't know the change over serial number.

14. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    I think I ordered on their website . They take Paypal only .. I got link instructions to download.. from computer copy it to sd card .. then load it to the scanner ..

15. OKziggus

OKziggus Rookie

Sep 24, 2019
    South Florida
  16. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    You will get clutch wear index ( no idea what is that) in my case reading 7500 .. from my search it’s should between 2000 to 12000.. the higher number more wear ..
    there is also a formula I found in the forum apply for 360 and 430.. goes like this :

Clutch closed and from new
    In my case .
    23 -19.8= 3.2 this divided by 8.5( the new clutch thickness )
    =0.37 x100 = 37%
    2 months ago reading from sd2 from the dealer ..clutch wear 35%.. so it’s close

I might be wrong.. lol :)

So the answer is maybe ..