FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Today wasn't a glorious day for F1; that's for sure !

2. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I found it entertaining.

Vettel got screwed out of his tow lap, given the tow is worth .2-.4, he'd have been a tenth or two clear of leclerc. Hoping for a 1-2 tomorrow, Vettel is in a good spot for an undercut to split strategy, let's hope they don't pull it way too early again.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It was ridiculous. Looking at Toto in the interview, he couldn't keep a straight face because of the idiocy of all the teams. He was flabbergasted.

william likes this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Lighten up, Frances.

Surfah and Nortonious like this.
  5. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    It was just one of those shake your head moments. Everyone is trying for the same thing so no one gets it. Certainly a bit disappointing and anti-climactic the way it played out. IMHO Merc is fortunate because I think a red car front row lock out was a real possibility

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe they need to make the cars less
    Maybe they need to make the cars less easy to follow...

11. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

It was on the tv, you go and find it. I owe you nothing at all. I’m a tifosi, you are an Elton fan, I’m superior

kes7u, nietoale1, stavura and 3 others like this.
  13. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    And this will be the team that parked at the end of the pitlane..... he also complained Ferrari timed them out, well you know where the accelerator pedal is.....

stavura, Picchu88, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Exactly, there comes a point where as a driver, aware as you are from the wheel that time is running out, you say ‘**** it’ and floor it... I would have, sainz and LeClerc did.... they all have only themselves to blame, if they were concerned they’d give a rival a tow, they just needed to block them on the lap and throw the lap, both cars miss the time that way, but at least try to set a time, they only have one job, do it

15. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Love some of the comments. Must all be Lewis-hating FChatters:
    Last one is very pertinent in that if Lewlew and Merc are so much more ethical and "sporting" they should have gone straight out and organized their own towing session, instead of waiting for the others. Couldn't organise a pi---up in a brewery comes to mind for Merc. Or as Brundle said, trying to be too clever.

Ferrari were clever (or cheaters if you're Lew) in not going out early since they had the pole but at least Vettel tried to break away and get a tow set up for home but Leclerc couldn't or didn't want to help.

daytona355 and Igor Ound like this.
  17. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Wrong link my friends. ;)That's simply an article about Hamilton's lighthearted comment in post qualifying interview (you saw he was smiling right?) about being "timed out" in qualifying. I saw the qualy interview live too...

Whearas Sid's claim was "Elton apparently tried to get LeClerc and vettel investigated by the FIA for leaving the track with intent.... what a whiny little prat the guy is, total rat bastard."

Please provide a link where Hamilton approached the stewards re: getting the Ferrari's investigated. Otherwise I'll assume this did not happen and you were simply mistaken.

18. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    Brilliant

Igor Ound likes this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are you calling me a liar now? Oh dear, that is poor form. I don’t have any responsibility to you sunshine, believe it, don’t, why do you think I care?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

20. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No I'm not calling you a liar - I just saw nothing to indicate there was any formal complaint of any kind (other than bit of a joke remark from Lewis) like you suggested. If I'm wrong please correct me.

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Yes you did, so go find it yourself, it’s out there. If you don’t, I don’t give a rats ass, you are not my boss, and you hate ferrari and love Elton

22. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I did try, as I was legit curious. There was nothing. I think you received the wrong information.

Lewis was in pretty good spirits (all the drivers were bemused more than anything.) If that final hoard had crossed the line in time it might have generated some oddball results. I think Lewis was pretty lucky to keep 2nd all considered.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You don’t know when to quit do you. I heard it, it was on tv, tough. Your boy complaining about ferrari tactics. He’s a whiny little girl

stavura and Nortonious like this.
  24. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That's crap, and you know it. Nothing lighthearted about that comment. Watch it again. Only a Hamilton fan would even consider calling that lighthearted. He was obviously frustrated and angry about losing, and putting a fake smile on your face doesn't make It "lighthearted"

The Hamilton fan invasion of this forum is nuts sometimes.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G930P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura, Nortonious and daytona355 like this.
  25. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Exactly. LH complained on team radio and then again in the interview. Anti-Ferrari whining in full swing.

daytona355 and kes7u like this.