New Intro | FerrariChat

New Intro

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 1RedHead, Sep 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1RedHead

1RedHead Rookie

Sep 2, 2019
    Mexico City / NC USA
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Glad to be a part of the forum and I have already read and learned so much. I recently purchased a '90 TR with less than 11k miles on it. All of the routine maintenance has been completed with an exhaustive recent engine our service. This is my first F car and as a result of my current work situation, it is being delivered to my family's car storage facility where it will sit and I will not see it for another few months,

I have read about all the potential issues with the electrical system and the fuse panel and somewhat already targeted this as an upgrade once I return to the States. In the meantime, are there any "most do's" that anyone can recommend as I get started with this new venture?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Gary Sandberg, Zeff and blkdiablo33 like this.
  2. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I think you have all the big stuff covered. Your going to find these cars are really solid you don’t have to go crazy over board with them when you have a car in excellent condition. My car has 12k miles and runs perfect other than squeeky brakes which I will be fixing next week. But this is minor stuff which occurs on any sports car. If anything you might want to look into a good aftermarket exhaust. I would just drive it for a while and then see if it needs anything after that. They are great cars in my opinion! With a car like yours with low miles I’m sure the paint is probably next to perfect. Make sure and get the protective film installed on the front hood, mirrors, etc and also get the ceramic coating installed too.

3. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    The only Must Do...

Don’t wear socks.
    Wear a white linen coat.

Parnelli and fridolin_pt like this.
  4. 1RedHead

1RedHead Rookie

Sep 2, 2019
    Mexico City / NC USA
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Thanks. I am already looking around for the Capristo exhaust without the electric valves. I'll worry more about it once I have a line of site on when I will be home again and be able to see and work on the car.

5. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz

blkdiablo33 and 1RedHead like this.