Removing dirt on leather interior | FerrariChat

Removing dirt on leather interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by azzurribaggio, Sep 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

I got some grease? smudges on my drivers side interior door panel, what's the best way to remove these?

2. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    A few ideas I have done on my cars....

Chemicals Guys brand leather cleaner and also leather restorer. Pretty good option if not very heavy or very old grease stain. Didn’t ruin or discolor my leather.

Leatherique cleaner and restorer. Works really well, but you’ll probably have to disassemble your door panels and then do both sides (and then the seats, and console....), but now your hole interior leather will be great!

Talc powder. Puff some talc powder on the spot. The dust should stick if it is grease or oil. Let sit overnight, then remove with microfiber towels sprayed with just a touch of 70% rubbing alcohol. Repeat. The old-fashioned, but works.

Land Rover provides a leather cleaner that came with my RRS. Clear watery liquid in a white bottle. They sell it at the dealerships. Works really well on my Range Rover and my wife’s Audi...never tried it on my Ferrari, but I don’t see why it would do just as well.

I’ve heard horror stories about other off-the-shelf products ruining the leather, so I stick with those unless I hear good advice from others.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You will get more replies here, lots of good threads in this section

4. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Thanks!

5. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Unfortunately Ferrari uses surface dyed water soluble leather dyes. This obviously weakens the adhesion, penetration & durability into their hides. Grease being a oil thus can be especially problematic. My suggestion would be to take it to a detail leather shop & have them make a suggestion as to cleaning and or repair.

6. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Scrubbing Bubbles, seriously.