Spray shine wipe down and cloth baby diapers... | FerrariChat

Spray shine wipe down and cloth baby diapers...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by snakes, Sep 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snakes

snakes Rookie

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    david skinner
    What's the best wipe down micro fibre rag or cloth product for spray shine? I never drive my car in the rain and I never wash it. I've heard cloth baby diapers are used. And is there something better than spray shine? Thoughts?

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Wait, you never wash your car? You only use clear coat scratching quick detailer sprays? Im assuming your car has 100% coverage PPF?

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    #herewegoagain #noyoudint

4. snakes

snakes Rookie

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    david skinner
    tonyswfla likes this.
  5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    showme1946, INRange and Fireman1291 like this.
  6. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    lol I'd love to see a closeup of your paint…that you've never washed. Use a LED flashlight so we can count the swirls! It'll be fun!

7. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Instead of belittling a new owner, help him out. All he asked for was some car wash advice.
    If you washed your kali low-rider with Tamba Bay water and a mop and dried it with an old pair of Levis, it is your business.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tonyswfla, snakes and Dane like this.
  8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  9. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Figured him for a troll given the whole Ferrari owners wipe their cars with diapers thing…

10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    In detail world it used to be used discard cloth diaper was the best. Now microfiber is all you see. New diapers are rough.

I'm 360 Canuck and BOKE like this.
  11. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Do adult diapers work just as well. Asking for a friend.

killer58 and Nospinzone like this.
  12. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :D:D:D

And does your "friend" have an ED problem too?

kes7u likes this.
  14. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No, but MY friend really wants to know where to buy XL Condoms in bulk.:confused:

Kevin

Nospinzone likes this.
  15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'll send him a link to my supplier! :D

kes7u likes this.
  16. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Oh...so you really are asking for a friend. I wasn’t sure before but now I am ;)

He sounds like quite a character...incontinent was above average manhood. What a catch!
    :)

kes7u likes this.
  17. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I don’t know how you can go without washing your car. Mine gets covered in dust within hours of being outside.
    I probably wash mine almost as much as I drive it. Maybe 1:4 ratio.

nismodrifter likes this.
  18. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    #18 JP365, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Forgot how much I loved their albums and movies. Where’s Sister Mary Elephant when you need her?

19. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Sorry to be off topic, but is that a Koenig euro spoiler? My dad’s 85 GTS QV had a deep spoiler and it was a perennial PITA on Chicago streets.

miketuason likes this.
  20. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, that is the Koenig Special front spoiler/balance and I had it repaired 3 times already and now I’ve learn how to be careful with them. Agreed, they can be a PITA depends on the road condition but luckily most of the road here are well paved.

21. snakes

snakes Rookie

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    david skinner
    My apologies to your nephew. As I wipe my tears with my microfibre rag its important to remember that a lot of us here grew up as kids in awe of Ferrari.
    I was in awe of Niki Lauda when I saw him race in Germany. It was a race my dad took me to when I was ten years old.
    I was in awe of the Testarossa when I first saw it on Miami Vice.
    I own a Pantera and its a fantastic community. Now I own a Ferrari Testarossa, and if it's not a fantastic community it kills the dream. Kill the dream and you kill the kid.
    I now keep 1:43 scale models in the glovebox of both my cars and hand them out to kids who show interest in my cars. I do it because someone on this site mentioned they did it. that's what this community is about. Let's do more of that.

showme1946 likes this.
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    No need to apologize. LOL Adam is a nine-month Ferrari owner with very strong opinions. You asked an honest question, he jumped you multiple times. Not a warm welcome.

You are going to find a wealth of information on your Testarossa all over the forums. Apply filters wisely.

And yes, even the subject of a post-drive wipe down rituals will result in an argument given enough time. Always have fun always!!!

Enjoy your car!!!

Fireman1291, INRange and 19633500GT like this.
  23. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    A simple google search on car detailing myths will show that diapers are one of the top 10 myths that need to go away. Not sure where it started, but have heard it for as long as I've been alive so that's 50+ years. Guessing a very long time ago people would grab whatever was around the house that felt soft. Funny that we are still having to tell people to use proper products when everyone is on the internet and can debunk myths easily.

That said, it's also not always about what you are wiping with, it's the dirt on the car, and even the best cloth will push dirt around and scratch and swirl the paint.

I love the quick detailer debates, and I do use them, but not for the whole car. Only when removing fingerprints and small items using a very clean proper cloth.

Better to leave the car dusty and dirty than to wipe that dust and dirt around after every drive. Just my opinion, but it's why the two or three bucket washing system with grit screens are the standard for even simple car washing. Lots of this info on the forum already.

snakes likes this.
  24. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Snakes, this site will have all the info you will need to know on how to maintain your finish - https://www.detailedimage.com/

BTW, unless your car permanently sits in your garage or living room, I can't possibly imagine never washing it. Unless you live in a really isolated area, the pollutants that fall from the sky will eventually damage your paint. In Italy they are having a constant battle with the pollutants that damage centuries old statutes and stone structures.

And drive it in the rain, in 70 years only 2 Ferraris have ever been documented to melt! :D

snakes likes this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What current product do you use?
    Cheers