KIMI | Page 25 | FerrariChat

KIMI

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Sid, I know you are not going to like this. When Stroll sent Gasly out into the weeds, he got a 10 second penalty. So, when Ham gets pushed offline into the grass, why did LEC only get a black/white flag? I just don't get it. With how the stewards have been doling out penalties, drivers would have gotten a 5 sec penalty.

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I know you're addressing Sid, but I'd like to engage.

Vettel and Stroll received penalties for rejoining unsafely.

The Leclerc vs Hamilton duel was simply hard racing. Right up to the limit, but IMHO, not over as Toto and LH would suggest.

Young Charles showed some great racecraft and ability to adapt some previously demonstrated FIA permisiveness to his benefit.

I tend to agree with this article:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-verstappen-lessons-monza-hamilton/4535818/

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You mix up two complete different situations. Stroll re-joined the track in unsafe manner and did'nt got a 10sec. He got a drivethrough (Seb got that 10sec penalty because he actually contacted Stroll) Gasly was close to crash into the wall. exit Ascari is flat out with the F1, 260-270km/h easy. Leclerc was leading the race, the competitor behind needs to be aware that the car in front has always the right to keep the racing line. and this is what LeClerc did. The Competitor behind the leading car was not at the the same height nor in front, he was still more than half of a car behind. LeClerc defended hard, same was for Sainz and Albon. LeClerc did a mistake in Austria leaving the door wide open for Verstappen and got forced out of the track, no Issues. So he learned from that and executed brilliantly yesterday
    the rejoining of Vettel and Stroll were just dangerous and had nothing to do with defending a position.

4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I understand Seb and Stroll rejoined unsafely. However, why the warning instead of a penalty to LEC. I know he defended hard, but this was the only time I can recall in recent races that the driver got a b/w flag. In other races, drivers have gotten a penalty, even robbing Seb of 1st place. The stewardship has been harsher since Charlie Whiting passed, but I thought this was strange. Did a home track with rabid fans have a say in their decision?

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's the latest Stewards Lite idea ...let's see how long it lasts.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    agree, my understanding was if starting from pitlane tyres are free of choice..

7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If it was Max that did that, instead of Charles, the stewards (Gary Connelly) would have given him a stop and go penalty. lol

The stewards have their heads up their collective arses.

Bas likes this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    agreed on both fronts...I'm happy it was allowed.

9. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    As has been said in the past, rule changes should not happen mid season. This has hurt many teams previously, and benefited others - tires, moving aero, wheel holes, etc. The same should be said of the stewards - the standard they set (be it good or bad), should remain consistent throughout the season. I know, I know - they haven't shown any consistency to date, so why should we be surprised :) Sometimes your favourite team benefits, sometimes not - it's a lottery with the stewards!

william likes this.
  10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Should not have even been given a black/white flag. It was racing, not a racing 'incident'.

csmjr91090, chrixxx and daytona355 like this.
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The stewards rules now dictate they give the benefit of the doubt after the cluster **** that was Canada. Leclerc was aware of this firsthand after the clash with Maxine, so he played the part. Elton could have backed off when he realised the racing line meant there would be no space, and he chose otherwise. That’s just racing I’m afraid

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

chrixxx likes this.
  12. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Masi re-introduced the b/w flag as suprisingly never used in F1 for a long time. b/w flags are quite common in other series and a much better "tool" to keep a drivers behavior under control compared to a penalty. Lec's defending was never worth a penalty but I agree that the stewards decision should be predicable and not change completely from one race to another. I think the stewards learned a lot from the wrong decision in Canada and they looked for a proper solution to not destroy the battle and keep the tension and real racing but also to control somehow the driving style. Masi's move to use the b/w flag again more often make sense and is smart. this is F1, the pinnacle of motorsport and the best drivers should fight, this is all about what this sport should be. hard racing and so the two did. I can tell you that the competitor behind the leading car was VERY WELL aware what LEC will do... he knows how to play the piano in every way.

furoni, 375+, kandi and 1 other person like this.
  13. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What did Kimi think of the 10sec penalty for starting on the wrong tires?

"I [can't] explain the penalty, I don't know the rules, somebody f----d up somewhere but it just happened. Plus that f-----g set was completely useless."

chrixxx, jcurry, kandi and 3 others like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100% on all fronts.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I hope the stewards will remain consistent.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  17. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Very cool of them to give him the car!

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That takes some of the sting out of a few stolen victories.

stavura, kylec, Bas and 2 others like this.
  19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That was the US GP at COTA! I've driven that track. :)

20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  23. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you haven't seen the end of Drive to Survive's season 2, it puts Kimi's attitude in perspective:

[Everyone]: "F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. We aim to achieve. To win. To realize excellence in this, the hardest, competition. It is our passion. It is our mission."

[Kimi]: "It's more of a hobby, really"

24. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Love Kimi, one of the best driver personalities around in a LONG time, even if he hardly said a thing. :)

-F

Bas, jcurry, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Kimi Räikkönen's Lotus contract had a €50,000 bonus per point. He scored 390, earning an extra €19,000,000.... Lotus almost went bankrupt.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, Bas, Jakuzzi and 1 other person like this.