FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 26 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe it would be interesting to listen to an Italian commentery 'with translation or subtitles) to really judge if British commentators are bias.

We could have a surprise !!

2. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    You won't be surprised , they are super biased too lol

chrixxx and Bas like this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    How can a competitor alert the stewards if he sees something untowards ?
    He has no link with them with them. So he calls his team on the radio to deal with it. Is that "bitching" ?
    There is a lot of communication activity between teams and the officials during a race, but we don't know about it, because it's not on the air.
    The open airwaves opened a can of worms, because they released to the public the communications car-to-pit that should be private.
    The broadcasters decide what goes on live TV, and often concentrate maliciously on what is mostly controversial, IMO.

ktu likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Some things never get old...

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You are spot on!

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    William, as you know I agree with you most of the time, and I have no problem with Hamilton. But I do have a problem with the fact that whether it is a radio call that everyone can hear or not, he is bitching out a competitor is 100% true. If he cannot make the pass and feels that he is being edged out the first thing he seems to do is get on the radio. Lewis is a fair racer and definitely not a dirty driver, but neither was Vettel in Canada nor Charles at Monza. They are holding their own, and if you go back in time before all the Steward nonsense, that was racing.

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Before the season, I was thinking they should have sent Seb to Alfa to re-learn how to drive in mid-pack (overtaking), and leave Kimi at Ferrari to teach Leclerc racecraft.

But it seems they're more interested in having Kimi teach Gio.
    Gio isn't ready for prime time. Leclerc has shown that he is.
    Seb is showing that he needs some refresher training, somehow.
    Maybe send Seb to Haas. :p
    Or to WRC. :D

TonyL likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    And I don't know if he ever will be, he's had adequate time to show his stuff.

jpalmito and william like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think Giovinazzi will ever deliver the goods at Alfa, and even less at Ferrari.

VPX likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Hamilton tends to question everything, that is true.
    He doesn't accept things at face value, and you can't pull wool over his eyes.
    Personally I don't mind that; it's just enquiring about every aspect around racing
    I don't think he is alone doing that, from what transpires of the selected radio comms that are broadcasted.

ktu and lagunacc like this.
  11. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Par for the course nowadays and 100% of them do it.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2019/jun/30/leclerc-slams-unfair-move-after-verstappen-passes-him-to-take-flag-at-austrian-gp-video

Senna1994, william, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton whines even when HE does the pushing off track, just a born cheat. And the stewards facilitate it and are therefore complicit

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

crinoid likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Fellow Fchatters, is Leclerc's radio response here considered bitching/whining? yes or no

lagunacc likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No

Ps, I am not bullying you by the way, just answering your question

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Jakuzzi and kes7u like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why?

Ps, I am not bullying you by the way, just asking you a question

daytona355 likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Most drivers comment on the radio about the moves they make, or when they are overtaken.
    It's part and parcel of racing nodaways.
    It's just like informing your pit about the state of your car, the tyres degradation, etc ...

lagunacc and ktu like this.
  17. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Ahem, Ceci n'est pas un bee ching!

Given the current rules, these guys would be fired if they didn't complain.
    It's part of modern competition.

Thank God CL doesn't complain like Vettel though.

18. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    HA! I'm not bullying you either. (maybe something new you have to add to your sig??) But that is priceless.....!!

Permanent threadban.

(P.S. You might not see me around much anymore. I'm looking for a Toyota forum where I can go and ridicule them while I champion Ferrari superiority. Now THAT is where its at!!)

Kevin

daytona355 likes this.
  19. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Beyond bitching.

Surfah, Terra, william and 1 other person like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, there is that aspect too, you are perfectly right.

Drivers are asked to report everything and gather évidences of foul play, so that their team can lodge protests, get the stewards to act, etc ...

The competition is in the pits as much as on the track.

lagunacc and ktu like this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Because I love Ferrari and I absolutely despise Mercedes

Thank you for not bullying me, and I hope you don’t feel I have bullied you :)

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehe, I know Kevin, comes to something when saying no to a request, and having to reaffirm the no multiple times is deemed bullying - if anything the passive aggressive repeated demands were the bullying, but heigh ho, to be expected right?

Ps. I accept you are not bullying me, and I confirm I have no intention of bullying you and hope my post brings you good cheer and a warm glow in your belly

I bet the Toyota mods dispatch you back here in a matter of days bud, they won’t have you mocking the giant Prius and championing the enemy over there! Best of luck though, you may need it!

kes7u likes this.
  23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Remember Vettel bitching and moaning about his teammate, his car, and other drivers back in the RB Days? He did it at Ferrari as well, what turns me off when Hamilton does it, its as if he is announcing to the FIA they should be investigating the driver in front who has the lead (Canada comes to mind). What happened in Canada, if the roles were reversed, I would have still been pissed off about, personally I almost stopped watching F1 after that race.

24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the red-mist from making such an egregious error clouded his judgement and he tried to scramble to not lose maximum places.

I feel for Seb...it's rough to go through that but he only enhances the problem by reacting erratically. That was a horrible decision at that place on the circuit. He's lucky we didn't see something on the level of the F2 accident at Spa.

635CSI, lagunacc and daytona355 like this.
  25. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Warts get exposed on those radio calls. I'll admit Ham is a bit of a snitch, but he tends to livestream all of his thoughts during a race anyway ('the tires are toast', 'we're going to lose this race', 'I don't have enough power', et al). Max always blames every OTHER driver for his accident-causing moves. Vettel explodes in an expletive-filled tirade if someone doesn't get out of his way (namely Kvyat). Stroll had the audacity to say someone else is driving "stupidly". Kimi just doesn't give a crap about what his team has to say. Charles has been pretty level-headed thus far...it will change as his confidence grows.

Bottom line: Modern race car drivers are generally hypercompetitive and cut-throat a-holes. Some just know how to manage their mouths better than others. Others are sneaky and do their maneuvering behind the scenes.

DF1, Senna1994, greg328 and 3 others like this.