FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 27 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Surely it’s not their problem, it’s there purely for car to pit issues or instructions (personally I would ban it). With all the TV coverage and monitoring by the stewards / referees it’s up to them to decide what action to take, not him whining like some spoilt little kid. He does it to get favourable treatment, same as SV and MV

daytona355 likes this.
  2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    At 40 million a year salary, he should do his job better, most who fail miserably get the sack

Surfah, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    As a result of this victory some ltalian children will be named Charles LeClerc. :)

stavura, DF1, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Only some?????? In Sicily, already most of my extended family were making love trying to bring a Charles Leclerc ‘(surname omitted for privacy)’ into being!

Mind you, Charlie was a popular choice anyway a while ago

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

G. Pepper, VPX and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Just to say it one more time. On Sunday Ferrari was the better car, and Leclerc was the better driver. Mercedes was very fast...but not fast enough. Both Mercedes drivers got within 5/10ths of a second of Leclerc...and even at that closeness and with DRS, the Ferrari had the speed to deny them even a chance at passing. The best cars and the three best drivers on the grid were fighting for the lead, and the Ferrari and Leclerc held that lead lap after lap after lap after lap.

I think Hamilton felt his first gray hair. If Mercedes could have done anything to help him pass the Ferrari they would have. But they didn't because they couldn't. And when the five time world champion with his dominating car could not get the job done, they sent their number to into the fray...with fresher and faster tires. And still Mercedes could not make the pass. Just look at how many laps Leclerc and his Ferrari were under constant attack. Constant. If the Ferrari wasn't good enough and fast enough Leclerc could never have kept it in front under those conditions. Ferrari won, Leclerc won...they beat conclusively was this season has been the best package on the grid.

They will not win the championships this year but we have seen a change in the fight between Mercedes and Ferrari that will be felt the rest of the season and will dominate next season.

ricksb, Surfah, Terra and 5 others like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Wishful thinking for this season John, I think. Next race it will be back to the same old ****. Next season, well, who knows, but will things be amended enough to reset the order? Depends how much Mercedes lobby the FIA I think

Best three drivers in the grid - bottas? Really? Not Max?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Bas and VPX like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree ,
    Leclerc and verstappen driving skills are multiple world champions levels ,
    Behind them only Norris is showing very promising things but I really doubt he will be able to compete with them ( in equal machinery)

8. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It will be a wonderful 7 - 8 years to watch Max and Chuck battling the old guard.

jpalmito, Bas, pilotoCS and 1 other person like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I don't think the old guard will last that long, SEb won't last one more year if he keeps going like this, and Elton, the minute Mercedes stops having the best car will leave wityh his tail between his legs....

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Agree, Ferrari will have a tough time of it again rest of the season. Red Bull appears very strong atm since new engine, though due to circumstances not much could've been shown.

Max, who tried his best to stay out of trouble, braking very early in T1 so he wouldn't get caught out...got caught out because the guys in front of him nearly stood still. Bizarre circumstances that cost him a ton of time and that could've netted him a far higher position than he was in..not just the 40 or so seconds it took to get back to the bit, fit wing and drive out again, but another extra stop cost him another 20 seconds+, and then fighting his way through traffic again. He could've finishes as high as fourth.

Red Bull should be very strong in singapore this time. And we know how well he went at Sochi last year and Mexico seems to be great ground for Red Bull also.

I suspect Ferrari to be battling for 4th place again most races...sad to say.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s a shame, but it’s the way it is and has been for too long

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Logically you are right but who knows with a driver like Charles ..

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    only so much that can be done with the equipment given.

Been saying for months Belgian and Monza are the only real chances Ferrari has to win this season...Belgian was by a ****s hair due to Vettel assist, Monza through sheer skill...but nothing in it. If the car was going to be competitive at coming races charles would've won by 20 seconds and cruising.

We lack the downforce and chassis for most remaining races.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I red they will bring a new package for next races but unfortunatly they can only do so much with the current car, nevertheless, Monaco was suposed to be very tricky for uis and Charles was doing wonders with it so...fingers crossed...

VPX, daytona355, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Yes, I'm guessing a max of 3 years of the old guard.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Absolutely spot on.
    We need a chaotic race and some luck for one of the remaining seven race.
    Less pressure because of the two wins and five pole positions will allow team to be enough serene and not waste a favorable circumstance.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If Charles keeps developing the way he is now, he will be unstoppable if we give him a capable car

18. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    I'm late to the party as I only watched the race last night. I haven't read all the thread, but I popped in to say 'CONGRATULATIONS' to you all here. What an outstanding performance. I'm genuinely happy that LeClerc won Monza for all the faithful fans. Not just won, but won under pressure with a hard fought race right up to the limit of the car, the driver and the rules. What an outstanding race and performance. I have no problems with Charles driving. It was pushing the limits but within them. I'm glad they've brought back the driving standards flag instead of leaping to penalties. Wow, Ferrari have a fighter again in their corner. Back to back wins for Maranello. Congrats.

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I am not sure people realize what Charles is achieving right now with just 35 formula one races under his belt ?
    The most impressive thing is his ability to improve methodically, step by step , without any kind of stepback.
    Binotto already noticed that as his main strength.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Q: Last Ferrari to win at Spa then Monza?

A: 1996 with Schumi also in his debut year for Scuderia.

Leclerc is the real deal.

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Austin, perhaps, could be the happy exception and might suit the Ferrari rather well (?)

Rgds

daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #672 jpalmito, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Maybe we are too pessimistic,
    Theoretically hockenheim was not a track suited to our car and without reliability problems we could have been on first row with Charles and Seb.
    Most important thing is if Binotto team really understood what went wrong with this year car concept and fix it for next year .

daytona355 likes this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Great post!!!!!!

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not sure....though I do think Ferrari can compete for a podium there.

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Mexico with the endless straight might work out better than most remaining circuits...

Senna1994 likes this.