P2407 Evaporative Emission System Code | FerrariChat

P2407 Evaporative Emission System Code

Discussion in '360/430' started by LeoExotic, Aug 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Anyone know what this code could be besides the gas cap>? "P2407 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit Intermittent/Erratic" I only have 14,800 miles on my 2005 Spider and it just came on at about 1/2 tank of gas.

Thanks

2. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Quite common. There's a leak in the evap system somewhere, like you say the gas tank cap is one cause, but also the array of hoses and valves above the tanks leading to the carbon filter and plenum can also develop leaks. Most frequent cause outside gas cap is the o-ring seal under the 4 roll over valves. The seals are cheap but the valves are very expensive if you crack them twisting them out. Unfortunately the plastic gets brittle over time so breakage is common. Also could be fuel pump seals, pump filler hose or any of the associated clamps. There are a lot of parts in the system, the best way to find the leak is to inject pressurised smoke into the system and see where it eventually leaks out.

Periodically while driving the ecu actuates a valve seal to close the system and measures the pressure developed inside the tank to check for leaks. If it's lower than expected the light comes on. It can be random when it does the test so a light doesn't necessarily align to a time or way of driving. More of a nuisance warning unless you smell gas leaks then you need to fix asap.

3. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I ended up resetting the light. Drove more than 100 miles with no cel. I took the car to NJS inspection and failed because the read out said "not ready" I'm assuming the dme didnt cycle yet to check. I gyess I'll have to drive around with no inspecrion untill it cycles again.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

usually a rubber seal in the evap system.

but I've seen a carbon canister leaking like hell

5. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I have a smoke tester. Is there any tutorials on how to test the F430 for leaks?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

6. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    Had same error. Turned out to be a broken fuel cap. Wasn’t locking closed. Just see if your cap locks as you turn it to the right. Dealer quoted me $600 for new cap. Found one at a Ferrari breakers in Sacramento for $140. Light gone. Dealer said the system recycles after 4 drives.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app