812 Spider | Page 45 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sonny812

Sonny812 Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sonny sankary
    The spec for the displayed GTS at Universo Ferrari Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I saw the GTS and looks nice on the profile angle. The front is exactly the same as coupe. The roof openning mechanicsim is exactly like 488 Spider. I think with Grigio GTS (new color of the launch car) looks better.

2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    If anyone specs a TM version with Count Prestige or Poltrona Frau leather and wants to sell in a couple years, please PM me. I will gladly buy it.
    ;)
    The more I see of the GTS, the more I like (despite the off-set seat-buttress). It's not a Monza, nor a TDF, but it is attainable for me so I think I will plan to do so.

DRYHOLE, IloveGT and of2worlds like this.
  3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Looks like another recent flop by Ferrari after the F8. 812 SF sales tanked real fast and this will follow suit too. Was offered an allocation for this GTS a while back and promptly turned it down and glad I did.

I feel that many people buying this are simply taking it on the chin for the VS version.

4. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Was at Ferrari last week for the view of the 812gts and F8 Spyder. Currently Ferrari has 4 new models plus one more coming in the fall. I inquired of several dealers after they had a dealers meeting with Ferrari executives. Ferrari would not say when these cars will go into production.

This must just be the Ferrari way - let’s entice our customers with all these new models but let’s not tell them when they will be produced and what they will cost!

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I have mine confirmed. Deliveries are starting realistically in 2021.

Don't know if anyone has been to the factory, but it's clear to see that the V12 line has a maximum output. Ferrari is simply limited to the amount of cars they can build; not sell.
    In Europe, I'm hearing from several dealers that demand for 812 is still higher than build slots and supply. Same applies to the 812GTS; it's unofficially sold out as demand outweighs production capability.

ar1040 and deltona like this.
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't know if I'd say if the 812 is a flop, but I did take a gander at 812 prices on eBay and I was honestly quite surprised how many seemed considerably under MSRP already.

I guess we're just seeing the saturation of the supercar market with too many models from too many brands in too short of a time.

7. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    yes, the market is flooded, but calling the 812 a flop is just banana's. Again the majority of EU markets this model is sold out for it's life span. Prices dropping below MSRP is to be expected. Would you pay premium for a used car that isn't extremely rare?

BTW ferrari's finacials are incredible compared to most otehr car brands; calling them a flop makes we wonder what someone would call a success!?

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree with you...though I think you are showing great restraint by using the term "bananas," I was tempted to write something more scathing but decided have a cup of coffee instead.

812GTS will be legendary. I firmly suspect that for all intents and purposes it is sold out in the sense that valued clients will scoop up the entire production run. You bought a used Ferrari from a Dealer (in the US anyway) and go into the Dealer to put down a deposit on an 812GTS and you will be politely told "no soup for you!"

Oh...and your point about Ferrari's financials is spot on as well. I bought RACE as a "joke" at the IPO, just a few hundred shares to have it staring at me on my brokerage page...damn...wish I bought a ton more...best performing stock in my general portfolio.

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Avia11, stavura, 635CSI and 4 others like this.
  11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Caeruleus11 and red passion like this.
  12. ChrisDiRe

ChrisDiRe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris DiRe
    Agreed! I think it's so stunning that I switched my deposit for a F8 Spyder to the 812GTS! Let the wait begin! lol

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    I was tempted to write something else instead, but seeing how a discussion about Portofino vs California almost derailed, I wanted to keep it peaches and cream here.
    Although I doubt the 812GTS will become legendary as I have a feeling this won't be the last V12 'spider', it will be a very in demand car with both Ferrari adepts as well as non Ferrari buyers. The price to me is also a 'steal' compared to the premium everyone expected it to be.

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
  15. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    the Ferrari way, you'll get your GTS when we announce the replacement 850 Tributo & Spider in 2020

16. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    we should change this threads name into 812 GTS ...

635CSI, deltona and ab08 like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm not sure there will be another V12 car except the Icona and Hypercars: we have to remember that Ferrari called SF90 Stradale "the new flagship".

They will do the 812VS, but not another brand new front engine production car.

ciao

of2worlds likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    kandi and MDEL like this.
  19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Technically the Count Prestige is part of the Poltrona Frau family.

But having said that I plan on either speccing either a plain GTS with TDF Blue and beige or cuoio or go TM with Blue America and Count Prestige.

Caeruleus11, C50 and of2worlds like this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    In all fairness it has nothing to do with Jaguar.

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe if you are going to eventually add another pair to your book ends collection; first find a nice 599 SA Aperta. Then use that Aperta color spec for your GTS. Both for a fraction of the cost for a Monza. The SA Aperta is more rare and very under-rated.

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    So , it "must" be possible;)

jpalmito, ab08 and of2worlds like this.
  23. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    Count Prestige aniline leather is manufactured by Boxmark (Austria brand).

Griffon83 and of2worlds like this.
  24. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I saw Count Prestige in @nelsonc275’s TM GTC4 Lusso last weekend. It’s phenomenal in color, texture, and natural variation. Best leather I’ve ever seen in a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11, Nelsonc275 and of2worlds like this.