458 spider open top while driving hack | FerrariChat

458 spider open top while driving hack

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by veilstylez, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    So the 488 spider, pista spider, and F8 spider top can be open while driving up to 30mph, but the 458 spider can't. Anyone figure out a hack for this? I mean they use the same convertible top mechanism...but Im sure something is stronger on the new models, but it would be nice to have the option to open the top while driving.

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Mods4cars.com I have it on my car so have many users. You can even close/open with the car turned off.

veilstylez likes this.
  3. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    ahhhh..ok thank you!

4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Looks like a very nice upgrade. After watching the video, I was a little concerned about the one touch auto opening of the top. My concern was if you mistakenly hit that button and was driving fast, the wind might damage the top. I suppose you could quickly hit the close button and reverse the process.

But I like the ability to open and close windows and the top using the key remote, as well as being able to open and close the top while driving slowly.

5. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    I was just thinking the same ....say you want roll the rear window down while driving on the freeway and you accidentally the open top button since they are next to each other.
    But I do want the option to open while driving slowly.

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    After 40km/h it will not open no matter what you press, you need to drive it under 40 or the process stops.

7. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I got this a few months ago and it is a GAME CHANGER for me!!!

I have a very narrow parking spot for my 458 spider and it is very hard to get into with the window up. With the Mods4cars.com module, I can double click as I walk up to the car and it opens just the windows--- 100x easier to get in the car! Same if I want to drop the top before i get in and after I get out and walk away. Also, not for nothing, it is fun / cool to watch the top operate from outside the car :)

Being able to operate while moving at slow speeds is also helpful in certain situations.

Highly recommended !

-mark (aka fossilfuel)

8. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    did you install it yourself? what is all involved, I saw the install instructions, just don't know how difficult it is, thanks

9. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Yes, did it myself. Followed the instructions that came with it---was a teeny bit tricky getting the panel off, but not too bad.

The whole thing took less than 30 minutes.

I would categorize myself as "fair" with DIY stuff.

Hope that helps,

-mark

Sent from my BBF100-2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app