Who should replace Vettel? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Totally agreed. Let’s stop living in the past is what I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Many people know that, but there are some who have elevated Schumacher to cult status.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I go along with that.
    The Scuderia has to start being a bit more inventive, and not be stuck in the past.
    If not, it will go stale and become boring.
    The Scuderia is like the Civil Service; too many people just cover their arse to protect their career, and the organisation is suffering from not daring enough.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Really?
    Prior to the summer break, I would say the story of the season is RBR with Max can potentially aspire to the number 2 spot while Ferrari looks dumbfounded.
    I hope Charles can keep building on his successes, but I wouldn’t count Max out based on his current slump. Some exciting times ahead....love to see these 2 battle each other and mix in with the Mercedes guys. Regardless of the standings, the latter part of the season looks really fun.

william likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The implosion has been predictable and utterly - review the last 2 full seasons and this one thus far...................Vettel does not belong in this team any longer. Ferrari should not at all keep him, as keeping Massa and Kimi far too long. Enough!

ingegnere and william like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He has had the car how long now and failed--enough. Move him on.

ingegnere and william like this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    ingegnere and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    ANY team would want his talent as a driver.

Senna1994 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It doesn't seem so !
    Alonso has been reported in the paddock at some GPs, making contact with several teams.
    He is trying to get a drive for 2021, if not for next year, since most seats are already contracted.
    According to several articles published, no team is considering him.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

No,no,no one is choosing to interpret them differently. Facts are facts. Great pilot, holds many records, flawed as any human beings are and in the 2 examples I gave u showed mental weakness whether it was uncontrolled anger or poor sportsmanship he did it . Michael was the best for many years and when he came back for 3 more years he was no longer it. Âge happens to all of us. Doesn’t mean his peak wasn’t amazing.
    Listen I get it: Lewis isn’t perfect.
    Nobody is giving u any advice. I’m not ur mate. I am simply telling u its impossible to compare different eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Absolutely. Vettel apologists need to move on this isn’t 2013. Leclerc is the future, stop wasting money on past expiration date talent.

Alonso in last year’s Scuderia would have given Lewis a run for his money and conceivably the WDC.

kandi likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I wish they could replace Vettel immediately, problem is who is available ?
    Sure they could prise Lando /Russell/Albon for 2020 but there is still a large risk factor,would they really be faster than Vettel on average?

So then you have to consider other potential candidates.For me Ricci would be the best pick.Max would be great too. But to take these guys they would have to drop the number 1 / 2 system. I think it would be worth the risk.

jmillard308 likes this.
  13. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Alonso is the man.

stavura, Senna1994, Surfah and 2 others like this.
  14. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Max is still an idiot. Unfair. He's had enough experience now. The mistake he made in the first turn of Spa, squeezing himself between the wall and Kimi, was insane. That imbecile needs a good lesson.
    I pray he'll never drive for Ferrari.

Natkingcolebasket69, VPX and kandi like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Unfortunately the 2010-2013 Vettel doesn't exist anymore.
    The most worrying thing is he looks mentally broken.
    Very difficult to fix because human mind is very complex.
    I don't know if he realize this, for sure he need some help but it's already too late.

Norris would be a fantastic second driver.

william, 375+ and VPX like this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There is no point having max, he attacks his own teammates when it suits him. He would be a good number one, certainly when calm and driving well, but we have to look to Charles as a number one and install him someone capable of getting results but also able to work with Charles when necessary. Alonso would be able to provide excellent feedback, help develop Charles, and put in solid performances every week consistently. He worked well with massa previously even though massa was an equal early on

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Surfah, DF1 and VPX like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    A few seasons ago, I was hoping Seb would get his mojo back. Since then, there have been some sparks of brilliance, but they are few and far between. Sadly, I think he is done. His replacement should be young enough to take Ferrari into the future, but old enough with maturity and experience. Ricci fits those parameters, but unfortunately, he wouldn't play 2nd fiddle to Lec. No idea who would fit that bill other than Bottas.

VPX likes this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Instead of poaching drivers from other teams, why can't Ferrari look for talents in the feeding series (F2/F3), follow their progression and promote them to the Scuderia when ready.

19. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Well, Merc poached Bottas from Williams.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I never said that was right, although there were attenuating circumstances.
    Williams owed money to Mercedes for their engines.

21. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Like how to cheat and blackmail your own team?

Come on, if Alonso was that desirable he’d have a drive. He doesn’t and no one wants him anymore. All he does is bring discord and chaos with him.

william likes this.
  22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Ferrari loved him for five years, and were entirely happy with him all that time until he got demotivated and began challenging the underperformance, and then signed vettel which gave them the opportunity to switch off the moaning ... my cousin works in the f1 department. At McLaren 2007, Ron Dennis broke his contract with Alonso and allowed the team to back Elton over him, riding roughshod over the agreement they had for a clear number one in Alonso. There was also a very personal issue that arose between the two men that in any walk of life would cause a breakdown of trust and work relationship. He was NOT the person responsible for McLaren cheating, so the fact he rated them out is no excuse for what they did, and isn’t a slur on his character if we are being honest, he saved his ass just the way anyone else would, especially Elton who hangs his engineers out to dry every single time he doesn’t comes first even now.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, I don't see any stampede of team principals desperate to hire him !

bmwracer likes this.
  24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Absolutely,
    He burned all the bridges.
    That's fact

william likes this.