Black emblems for Portofino | FerrariChat

Black emblems for Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Andrew Oldroyd, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew Oldroyd

Aug 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    New to the forum so forgive if a redundant question. Just ordered a Porto and want to get the cavalino and the Ferrari script on the trunk lid in black. Was told by the dealer that it couldn’t be done from factory. Anyone know if they can be bought or would they have to be removed and painted by an aftermarket company? Anyone done such a thing and have an opinion on how they look if so?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If the dealer can confirm that they are the same size as previous generation Cali/Cali T, then it should be simple plug & play, at least for the cavallinos. I found someone on F-chat selling black cavallinos, and my dealer was more than happy to install it (for a fee, of course!). The box sent to me was in an official (or official-looking) Ferrari parts box. I replaced the front cavallino only, because I thought the black script/horse on the trunk would be too contrasting with an avorio car.

Welcome to F-chat, congrats on the new Porto. Care to share some details of your spec?

T

3. BHMSOCCER

BHMSOCCER Rookie

Dec 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Brett
  4. Andrew Oldroyd

Aug 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks to both of you. I will check with the dealer on sizing and then look at that thread to get them ordered.

Before posting my specs, I just want to say how cool of a forum this is. There is so little “my Ferrari is better than yours” garbage and to the contrary, so much seemingly genuine happiness for those of us new to Ferrari. It’s just a really cool thing and honestly makes me feel even better about my purchase.

My Porto spec:
    Was going to do rosso scuderia since I loved the color at the dealer when looking at the paint sample. Really wished I could see it on a car in the flesh but just nothing near me. I decided to switch to Corsa red since the pics I can find online of Scuderia red seem a little too orange for my taste. I know pics aren’t the same but just nothing to look at near me and I can’t imagine how bummed I’d be if I ordered my first Ferrari and didn’t love it. I know I love rosso Corsa so that’s what I went with. Black interior with thick red stitching/red piping, CF steering wheel with red center stripe on arch, red headrest cavalino, dark painted forged rims, red calipers, black ceramic exhaust tips, little Italy flag emblem on trunk lid and a few other minor things. I’m super excited - dealer thought January delivery. Will drive the heck out of my 430 ( my fist Ferrari I bought a little over a year ago) until then.

AD211 and tomc like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, F-chat is an awesome resource and a great community. Sounds like a great spec. I've not seen Rosso Scuderia in person, but to my eye it does have a tinge of orange in it. Reminds me of the Guards Red in my 911. Enjoy your new Porto. Post up pics when it arrives...T