512 tr Brake Pads | FerrariChat

512 tr Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by EZORED, Sep 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Its my understanding that the 512 came with either Brembo or Teves Calipers! As I start my quest for new pads, how can you tell which brand is on the car???

2. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I’m not sure it matters but I was told that the porter field R4s pads are really good and won’t squeak. I’m getting mine replaced this week. I’ll let you know how it goes. Just confirm or verify the size of the rotors.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    How about the sensors if you go for the Porter field?

4. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My mechanic did not express any concerns to me about the sensors. I will be dropping the car off to him this Thursday and I will ask him about it. I will let you know. He said he’ll probably have the car back to me same day. I can then give you a further update as well.

EZORED likes this.
  5. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    I replaced my original pads with EBC Green Stuff pads. Great stopping power, little dust. I had to replace the front rotors after a few too many spirited tracking sessions at Sebring. Unfortunately no provision on those pads for the sensor, so I just tie wrapped it out of the way. I always check my pads when the car is up on the lift, and I know how my car drives, so I'm not worried about my pads wearing out before I notice. Worst case scenario I have to buy new rotors. I think I could have made the pads fit the sensors with a bit of creative dremel tool work.

6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Jimbo, where did you get the rotors, and also, I'm still looking for an answer about the teves/ brembo difference.

7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Vmax sells after market rotors
    Algar Ferrari sells originals but expensive

8. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Vmax rotor

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes
    Vmaxbrakes.com I believe

EZORED likes this.
  10. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    I got the rotors 15 years ago from somewhere in New Jersey,, if I recall. Sorry I can't be more specific. I remember it was a great deal and I bought 2 sets to have a spare.

11. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The brakes work perfect no more squeal. Are your rotors that bad where you need to replace? The porterfields work with the sensors fyi. GT car parts in Phoenix is suppose to be a good resource for parts also. Do you have a euro car? If so I don’t think you have the brembo brakes. You would have to take the wheel off to see what you have. I had the rotors turned as well. The brakes are like new. Ferrparts.com in Sacramento is another place.

12. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I do have a euro car. I will call Gt car parts thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat