Portofino standard electric seats vs. full electric | FerrariChat

Portofino standard electric seats vs. full electric

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by rocketman, Sep 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Can someone please explain what additional functions you get with full electric vs standard seats ?
    I assume standard has forward/back and incline functions....are the seats heated on the standard ?
    Thanks

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Seats are heated, they have three memory settings and the bolsters are adjustable as well as lumbar. The result is the ability to tailor the fit of the seat to your body. Well worth the money IMO. On my Cali T HS I had ventilated as well and that was really nice. Currently the Daytona seats on the Porto are perforated but the ventilated option isn't available yet. I think the full electric seats in the Porto are very comfy as I just sat in one yesterday at the dealer.

3. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Thanks but sounds like you are only describing the Full Electric....what does the standard electric offer besides front/back/incline....is there a height adjustment and are they heated ?

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    No, they aren't. I was describing the additional features on the Full Electric vs Electric.

5. lfc-Q8

lfc-Q8 Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    athbi
    standard seats has less function, no memory setting, and when u a passenger wants to go to the 2nd row seat it wont electronically go forward.

6. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Standard drivers seat has electric front/back/incline and backrest. Standard passenger seat has electric front/back and backrest, no incline. For rear seat access you hold the seat switch and power it forward.

7. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Thanks but what do you mean by "backrest"?
    I thought the backrest is what inclines ?

8. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Is it likely that they will offer ventilated seats next year ?
    Is that how it evolved with the Cali T ?

9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I don't know if they will or not, you know how Ferrari is. I do know that is the way it was for the Cali T. I don't think ventilated was an option until 2017 but maybe 2016.

10. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    The seatback that your back rests against is powered and reclines on both seats. “Incline” refers to the ability to power the driver’s seat cushion up and down at the front and up and down at the rear, inclining it. The passenger seat on the standard car does not move vertically.

11. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Got it !

What a shame.

12. Bry85

Bry85 Rookie

Jul 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bryan Vaughan
    I think they may have changed the seat options. I have a Porto on order for Oct build and we have the square pattern perforated seats and they allowed full electric and ventilated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The ones I saw with the perforations were Daytona but no ventilation. Are you in the US?

14. Bry85

Bry85 Rookie

Jul 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bryan Vaughan
    Yes, Washington, DC area...

wrs likes this.
  15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Terrific...thanks for sharing

16. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #16 tommygun64, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    I have mentioned in another thread that ventilated seats are already an option since early June.
    They are one of the new options for the 2020 model year.
    I did check that option then in my final configuration. With the standard design though.
    Supposedly you could do that with the Daytona design too, but since I did not do that I cannot be 100% sure.
    They told me that the car would arrive in the (late) 2nd half of 2019, but in www.my-new.ferrari.com it is still in waiting list and I have still not received any email with production status or photos, so I guess it will be 2020 after all...
    PS. I am in Europe.

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Any other options now available that were not previously ?

18. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    I am copying here sth I have written for the new 2020 options:

Fully electric seats are standard in Europe, but now, for the 2020 modelyear there is an extra option for ventilated seats (RSFV) and if you opt for that then you have the option to choose also a neck-heating system (AIRS). I have chosen both (on June 5).

Here the cameras are extra, also for the 2020 model year (hence my question on the possible different standards between US/Europe). It is either rear/parking camera, or (where previously it was rear+front, now for 2020 it is) 360° camera.

The latter is mandatory if you choose for the new ADAS system (which consists of FCAM- camera for lane control or sth like that, ACC1-radar for adaptive cruise control + pedestrians, BRAD-radar rear for dead hooks, MIR3- electro chromatic side mirrors). I have chosen for these too.

19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ours is being delivered tomorrow with ventilated Daytona seats. I delayed my order till they were available. It was delivered to dealer in August.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tommygun64 likes this.