New tactics from Hamilton in future ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New tactics from Hamilton in future ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If Leclerc is only front tyres to rear tyres at the point of the squeeze like Elton, who cares. If he is actually ahead by even an inch, he has the right to the space.

Ever made an insurance claim when someone rear ends you? Whose fault is it? Yours for not preparing to leave him space in case he misses his brakes, or his? In case you haven’t, it is 100% the driver behind, in law by the way, not just a conjecture or standard, certainly here in the UK

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

John_K_348 and jcurry like this.
  2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    that's just LH being LH.
    he's saying basically in a quintessentially British way, "I let him win because I wouldn't stoop to his level of driving tactics, but if that's the way its going to be, Im going to roll up my sleeves and get dirty too". reminded me of Michelle Obamas speech "when they go low, we go high"...except with a different ending :)

ya, ok, whatever Lewis. its you and mercedes against an unfair world. <rolling eyes>

It was pretty clear that last race stung him....or maybe seeing someone else win 2 in a row. But either way, you could tell he was irritable, backhanded compliments and all. losing to someone else sucks :)

Challenge, ypsilon, william and 3 others like this.
  3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You have your opinion, I have mine. You always claim Elton is the best ever, yet he couldn’t take a rookie despite being on faster tyres and having the Mercedes against two small advantages, acceleration off a corner and track position. I don’t think his whining about it helps Elton’s cause at all. Glad he was beaten, nice to see Charles developing and showing great racecraft, and for all those who claim he was too tough at the front.... watch Elton’s crashing his way around 2009 to 2013, when he had a car not capable of sustaining a prolonged challenge at the front

VPX, Bas, Smyrna355Spider and 3 others like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Watch Schumacher crashing his way around in 1991-93, 1996-97, 2010-2012 when he had a car not capable of sustaining a prolonged challenge at the front

John_K_348 and ATBNM3 like this.
  5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Wrong man, rarely crashed mate, and certainly not into his team mates just because they beat him... try again

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VPX, Sharknose, E60 M5 and 1 other person like this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Hamilton is driving for a title; Leclerc is driving to establish himself.
    Hamilton has only to earn points to finish WDC and Pocket his 6th title.
    Leclerc has nothing to lose.
    Hamilton has to drive with his head; Leclerc can take extra risks.

VPX, ATBNM3, I'm 360 Canuck and 2 others like this.
  8. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Sounds like the Max situation in previous years.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Right. Lewis could have passed him if he really wanted to, but instead choose to just make it look like he was trying and then whine about ‘dangerous’ driving when Leclerc didn’t just roll over and let him pass.

VPX likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I presume this:

Hamilton comes close to Leclerc, and in a position to pass him.
    He has a go, and get shoved in the scenery by Leclerc.
    Hamilton then thinks that Bottas could have a go.
    It's better to collect 15 points than risk a DNF.
    Hamilton is still 63 points ahead of Bottas in the championship.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Forget Leclerc- think about Max and Lewis battling like this

John_K_348 likes this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Well, LeClerc is not a rookie...and 'acceleration off a corner', 'track position' and superior straightline speed are not 'small advantages' at a track with long straights.:cool:

I think you need to re-watch there incident...there was no gap Lewis had to 'aim for' - he was already in it. Hamilton had the run off Rettifilo, Chalres moved to the left to cover the inside. Hamilton was fully alongside (his front wing ~ level to the Ferrari's front front wheel) So, there was nothing 'optimistic' about Hamilton putting his car there.

ATBNM3, ktu and william like this.
  13. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    lol, right.

Ham: "Hey Valtteri, I'm going to smoke my tires, miss the apex, and go slowly around the barriers so that you can pass me and take a shot at Leclerc."

14. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The car overtaking has the responsibility to do it safely. Passing is at the risk of the overtaking car. Leclerc was on the racing line. Hamilton tried to pass several times and didn't have the poop to get it done. On more than one occasion Lewis and Bottas were just a half second behind Leclerc as they came out of a corner and onto a DRS zone...and neither Mercedes driver could get past Leclerc with full DRS and a long straight to make it work. In desperation Lewis and Bottas both tried to squeeze inside and outside Leclerc's Ferrari. Leclerc was having none of it. He kept his racing line, and he won and they didn't. The Ferrari team beat the Mercedes team. Hamilton always has a "reason" when he doesn't win. He should show a little more class and just admit "today they were faster."

VPX, classic308, Senna1994 and 5 others like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #40 william, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019

Everybody knows that the Ferrari had more straightline speed than the Mercedes.
    Both Hamilton and Bottas tried to compensate that by attacking in the few corners at Monza.
    Leclerc stuck his elbows out and it didn't work .
    They finished 2nd and 3rd behind Leclerc.
    So what's the big story ?
    Why make a mountain out of a molehill ?

ATBNM3, kandi and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Excuses excuses..... where’s the story? LeClerc won, Elton got toasted, bottas showed he has little hunger to be bothered. A great driver would have found a way, and certainly would have made CONSTANT attempts to pass, not half a dozen in 50 laps. Go back and watch Alonso and Schumi, Imola, 2005, or 2006, can’t remember which, and Schumi attacking every lap of the race, with Alonso maintaining track position on a much more intricate circuit than Monza with its long long straights and enticing braking points

Senna1994 likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    When Bottas got in front, Hamilton apparently made no effort to pass him, letting him to deal with Leclerc.
    Hamilton could afford to sit back and wait: he is leading the championship and has already won 8 GPs this year !

ATBNM3 likes this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Did you watch the post race? Hamilton has said the Ferrari was faster and congradulated Leclerc multiple times. He was only stating Leclerc, squeezed him off track, which the stewards agreed and gave him a warning. Hamilton didn't make an excuse, he does not need this win, he has 81, Leclerc has 2.

ATBNM3, Surfah, fer312t and 1 other person like this.
  19. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Just give it up mate. Hamilton will always be someone not worth their consideration, no matter how good he drives.

fer312t, ktu, bmwracer and 1 other person like this.
  20. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Bottas was going to pass Hamilton regardless of his shunt. His tires were shot, so of course he 'apparently made no effort to pass' Bottas. However, if his tires were not shot there was no way that he would have let Bottas past and give up points.

bmwracer likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    IF is the key word here !

Now you tell us that Hamilton was struggling with worn tyres, so couldn't ...

Just a couple of posts ago you say different:

" Lewis could have passed him if he really wanted to, but instead ...

So, which one is it ? He could, or he couldn't ? o_O

22. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Re-read my earlier post, and consider the entire statement in the context meant. You are the one who keeps changing the narrative to somehow justify Lewis's driving and ultimate race result.

VPX, Jeronimo GTO, fil and 1 other person like this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No, he only won 7unless of course you think he won in canada!!

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The FIA says Hamilton won in Canada, and it's all that matters.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Karma is a peach