F8 Spider | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have no agenda. Just tired of hearing the same blather- “I miss Pinninfarina”. “Ferrari is dead without pininfarina”

It’s nonsense. Hundreds of gorgeous cars over the years designed without zero input from PF. Ferrari will survive just fine without them.

REALZEUS likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You keep saying that however I haven't said that Ferrari would be dead without PF. Hundreds of cars were designed that were nice. They weren’t Ferrari’s. More of Ferrari’s creations are legendary than any other manufacturer and they were legendary in great part to their aesthetic design. The majority portion from PF. It’s ok if you don’t care for PF however you seem to undermine their accomplishments and those accomplishments contribution to Ferrari’s success and legend. Ferrari will possibly continue without PF and be successful. They already are to a degree. It has and will come at a cost, at the expense of the quality of design. You don’t have to feel this way or even agree with this opinion as you clearly don’t, however very many do. Some are unreasonable and say silly things. Some just won’t buy the cars. Time will be a significant judge of the cars enduring or un-enduring design. I like the SF90. It’s a true Flavio and Co creation in whole from Ferrari Centro Stilo however it’s a different type of design. It’s not as subtle or sculpturally based. It’s more dependent on details.

ScrappyB and PTG1 like this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You certainly haven’t said Ferrari would be dead without PF. I didnt mean to imply that you did so my apologies if it came across that way. It’s just the other drive by posts about the infallibility of pininfarina that has become insufferable. As if ferrari can’t design a car without their input when they clearly can.

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    There are a lot of things about Ferrari design that happened behind the scenes and not known at all by the public. If you look at Ferrari site you will see that F40 didn't have the Pininfarina badges when it was introduced. If you want to know why - and something about the real Ferrari design story - you could buy this book I wrote. It will be available for sale outside Italy next week and at Padova fair in October.

Summary: Pininfarina is a great firm but there are others who can design a good looking Ferrari

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY, pilotoCS, of2worlds and 6 others like this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    And that in a nutshell is exactly the point I’ve been making.

REALZEUS likes this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I love Padova! Haven't been in years! Send me book info / pricing etc. Yes there is a lot behind this scenes that we’ll never know. I know there was all sorts of issues with the PF original F40 concept that was aero related. I am not saying PF are perfect. I am saying their finesse and elegance and general presence is certainly felt and in some cases missed badly. I like Flavio and he and FCS will continue to improve. I would like them to focus on being more sculptural and more sensitive to nuance and less heavy handed with clutter and unnecessary contrived details.

kandi likes this.
  8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Agree, but nobody is perfect nor does mistakes nor cannot be improved. The book tag price is 75 euro with the hardcover (for sale only in Italy, not available outside Italy) and 65 euro with the softcover. At the moment only the hardcover is for sale (since yesterday...), and next week also the softcover (same size, pages and so on) will be worldwide.

Who wants an hardcover signed copy or wants to know more, please send me a PM as I cannot talk more than this about my book or the Fchat moderator will ban me...

Here below the synopsys and all the info fore the hardcover

https://www.youcanprint.it/trasporto-automobilistico-storia/ferrari-the-turbo-eight-cylinders-1982-1989-9788831639149.html

ciao

SingleClutch and crinoid like this.
  9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1. Prefer the elegance of the Battista. I dislike the F8 coupe but find the F8 spider attractive. Too bad it sounds like a-- which is why I will keep my Huracan for now.

Graz likes this.
  10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So what does everyone think is best colour combo? My dealer says red is no longer required to help resale but I'm skeptical. I have Rosso 458 spider, I have f8 coupe on order pending final spec and want to take f8 spider. I'm getting tempted by blue for coupe and the spider in yellow is looking fantastic but I'm not going to keep these forever so want to make sure I'm not buying something no one will want afterwards

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Nicolas21, kandi, tfazio and 8 others like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I would not limit myself to red if you don’t want it. Blue, yellow, many colors all look great.

13. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    There is more diversification of color now than before. Red color will always help resale but you are coming from a red 458 spider so I like your idea of color change. The F8 spider in yellow is stunning especially the triple yellow on the launch car. The coupe in blue will be awesome I like tdf blue. Both color should sell without problems. My favorite for the coupe is Grigio Silverstone

PTG1 likes this.
  14. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    OMG this might be the nicest 458 combo I've ever seen! Thinking strongly about wrapping mine in this color!

Griffon83 likes this.
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Will speak to dealer about this option for sure

16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Beyond gorgeous!
    I was determined to do an 812GTS in this color, then I saw the launch in Grigio GTS color and now I am very conflicted.
    VZ is one of their best colors ever...

anunakki and Griffon83 like this.
  17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The 458 spider is a gorgeous car!

daflk, kandi and of2worlds like this.
  18. Shoffman

Shoffman Karting

Mar 26, 2015
    Thinking of exchanging 488S for F8S — has any test driven the F8T and if they have, how’s the sound vs the 488? Some people have implied the sound will be more muted due to new regulations — is this in the US as well?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Journalists are just starting to release reviews so it will be awhile before customers can drive the F8. From what's been written so far it appears that the F8 is quieter than the 488 outside the car due to the GPF filter. GPF will be in the US cars as well. However Ferrari also incorporated what they are calling a hot tube that brings engine noise into the cabin and its supposed to sound better inside the cabin vs the 488 due to this feature.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Indeed, the reviewers say that the sound inside the cabin is improved.

21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ah that is promising

REALZEUS likes this.
  22. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014