Sold - 355 Capristo Twin sound Exhaust | FerrariChat

Sold 355 Capristo Twin sound Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by kenneyd, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Capristo Twin sound for Ferrari 355. Fits 5.2 models, don't know about 2.7
    Installed for the summer, but its been so hot I probably dont have more than 300 miles on in.
    I used spacers on my heat shield, so its should not have any of those scratches they normally get.

Capristo claims a gain of 20-35hp
    Deletes your rattling stock bypass valve
    Deletes your double 180* secondary cats.
    Doubles the distance between the exhaust and your airbox.

As for the sound
    On a scale of 1-10, (driving with valve closed) and (WOT with bypass open):
    IMO Stock exhaust is a (3) and (6)
    Cap 3 (5) and (8)
    Twin sound (4) and (11)

Includes the exhaust, and a peirburg valve that hooks into the stock vacuum system. Nothing else needed*
    *For some reason, the thermocoupler bung is on the drivers side pipe. My thermocoupler wire was not long enough to reach. I simply capped it and zip tied the thermocoupler away. no codes for me.

$3200 plus shipping. Either paypal gift, or add 3% for the fee

Capristos Dyno vid
    Flyby 1
    Flyby 2
    Fully warmed idle with valves closed and open then revs
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider and Yassa like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    TAZ has one of these on his car. We were driving side by side in Indio, CA with my daughter next to me. He punched it and it was like a bomb went off next to us when he passed. My daughter and I are still in awe of it to this day. We could not stop lol’ing at the sheer impact of it. (In a good way) so yes an 11.

Not the traditional Capristo but still awe inspiring. I highly recommend it if you need the extra hp and quite a lot of boom.

Robb

kenneyd likes this.
  3. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Kenny,
    I can make you a thermocouple with a longer lead. Let me know if youre interested.

kenneyd likes this.
  4. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    $3000
    If you see this ad, its still available till I mark it sold

5. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I'm interested but isnt this for the 2.7? The 5.2 from capristo does not delete the secondary bypass hence why they sell the separate improved bypass and on their website shows the bypass with two mufflers as they described they put separate chambers.

Or is there something I'm missing this is a different generation of muffler from capristo?

Thanks

6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Capristo makes several systems for the 355, this one is different than the ones you may have seen. Compared the the other version, this one was designed to actually add horse power instead of just sound. It deletes the restrictive secondary cats altogether and bolts directly to the headers. Its 100% bolt on, and reversible.
    The Twin sound is available is both 5.2 and 2.7 configurations, here is an example of a 2.7 version:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    This exhaust is legit. As Ken mentions, everything else gives nothing to 5 or 6hp gains. This is the only one proven to give significant hp. I had the traditional Capristo, as I preferred the higher pitched sound it gave, but this is the one for real performance gains.

8. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    if I had an extra 3k USD to blow.. I'd run this exhaust, because its pretty. I almost bought this unit from the previous owner whom Ken bought it from..

however at the moment im running completely catless on my 5.2 car.
    Fabspeed headers, Fabspeed test pipes, Nouvalari Ypipe and Nouvalari SS exhaust..

I would say should achieve similar gains. with a catless ypipe setup..
    potentially more as the exhaust still have to pass through the exhaust box, after exiting the ypipe.. providing more back pressure..

whereas the twin sound once bypass opens, the exhaust exists straight out the tips as it does not pass through the exhaust box..
    this should definitely improve throttle response/feel, but potential give up some hp due to less back pressure.

anyway.. the twin sound is beautiful.. seems good deal at 3k.

kenneyd likes this.
  9. Doramon0720

Doramon0720 Karting

Jan 17, 2015
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Steven
    How is this compare to tubi? I bought mine with the tubi on... Please advise. Thank you....

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Check the videos at the top of the page. In general, louder, more power.

kenneyd likes this.
  11. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I think Hugh summed it up nicely, a healthy noticeable bump in power and quite a bit more noise.

12. E55amg9965

E55amg9965 Karting

Jun 13, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi tony do u have any sound clips of your with your exhaust,and is there a lot of drown?

13. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    hi.. sorry no exhaust clips of this setup.. but there is no drone at all..
    cruising speeds more then reasonable.. and then screams at full throttle..

but of course 100% no cats.. you get the full exhaust smell.

ive debated to install back my stock primary cats and leave the catless ypipe. as I suspect the majority of the screaming sound we all love, comes from the ypipe when bypass opens.

but I own my car now 5 years.. and I must have changed the exhaust configuration 10 times lol...
    im not equipped to mess around with the exhaust, so I have to pay each time at my shop, for now its enough.

14. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Sold!

Ed Russell likes this.