348 - 1123 - ECU code | FerrariChat

348 1123 - ECU code

Discussion in '348/355' started by FSM348, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I removed the secondary air injections system from my 348 because it cleans up the engine bay and the car has no CATs at this point (test pipes). Is there anyway to trick or otherwise get rid of the 1123 engine CEL on both banks. The car runs like a top with no issues other than codes on the dash.

Are the 02 sensors responsible for this or is this a case of the two little vacuum solenoids not being connected or both? If it's the vacuum solenoids then I can connect those under the intake plenum and it can't be seen anyways which is fine with me. Otherwise if it is the 02 sensors perhaps install "no fouler" type adapters?

2. 348steve

348steve Karting

Jul 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen G
    Good question. I have been testing the secondary system as well, disconnecting and re-connecting to observe any changes in engine operation. So far I have not been able to detect any noticeable changes other than the growls when the valves are operating.

I also have one CEL lit at this time, although I have not pulled the code yet (right side). I do notice that the left CEL does not come on regardless of the secondary system attached or not. The right CEL comes and goes with the wind.

The 1123 code is described as "Secondary air solenoid valve relay" , not sure exactly what it is measuring but I will imagine it is the health of the electric solenoid that operates the system.

Looking forward to hearing more from someone that knows.

3. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I will replace the solenoids later and check in a while

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney