Drink suggestions needed - Have you infused at home before? | FerrariChat

Drink suggestions needed - Have you infused at home before?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by WJC, Nov 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I am throwing a benefit party for Movember on December 3rd - so I may be too late in the game but just searching for ideas.

The party is $20 at the door, three drink tickets and heavy hor devours.

Here is the drink menu -

take that bottle of whiskey and dump in a bowl with cloves and orange peels and let sit all week. then serve it with either ginger beer/ale or a splash of soda or the rocks

vodka, pomegranite juice and soda with orange wedge

gin and elderflower syrup with soda and lemon wedge

Any other suggestions?

2. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    A few weeks ago I had a GREAT drink at a bar, made with vodka infused with Thai Chilis and Lemongrass: Bangkok Passion
    Recipe here: http://www.palmsbistrobar.com/Palms_Cocktail_Martini_List.pdf

It was one of the most remarkable drinks I've ever had. Initially sweet (not too sweet though) and spicy, mellowing into a serious heat on the tongue and throat. I just had a few sips of the Ms's, but filed it away under "I have to make this at home for a party sometime".

3. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    #3 WJC, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I've infused vodka with fresh ginger a few times & it is pretty tasty. Just peeled & hacked the ginger into pieces & let it soak in mason jars for a couple weeks.

5. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Have made my own lemoncello, but you don't have enough time to pull that off.

For Xmas parties, I always make what we call Christmas Cheer
    Cranberry juice
    Maraschino cherry juice
    Triple sec
    Bottle of Sparkling wine
    Mix in a pitcher and serve. I usually drop a maraschino cherry in the glass.

Of the 99% of the guys that turned their nose at wanting to try it, 100% have come back for seconds and thirds.

If you think that will fit your party, I can look up the ratios for you.

6. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    That sounds awesome! If you can find the ratios easily that would be great! Otherwise don't put yourself through a ton of trouble! We finally found a bartender for the event and now we are a day away.

The Maker's Mark is smelling amazing but I haven't tasted it yet. Moment of truth will be later today - and then making final adjustments for tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

7. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Here's the recipe. It is yummy stuff and goes down easy, so you might plan accordingly with supplies.

Poinsetta Mimosas (we prefer to call it Christmas Cheer at our house)

3 cups cranberry juice, chilled
    1/4 cup triple sec, other orange liqueor, or OJ (I use triple sec)
    2 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice or grendine ( I buy the maraschino juice by the bottle)
    1 750ml bottle of champagne/sparkling wine

Combine, gently stir and serve

I always garnish with maraschino cherry dropped in the bottom of a wine glass.

No need for the serious good stuff champagne since you are mixing so much in, but still something decent. My normal go to for this is the Chateau St Michele Brut, but you can go with whatever you favorite budget sparkler is.

8. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hisbiscus flowers in a jar
    Plop one flower in a champagne flute
    Fill with champagne
    The bubbles will open the flower
    Presentation is awesome and it's soo easy.

For mass consumption mix 3:2:1 vodka : triple sec (or Cointreau) : real lime if using cups add a jug of cranberry juice. Cosmo - punch everyone loves a Cosmo even if they think they don't :)

9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    St~Germaine has been popping up as an ingredient in many trendy libations over the last coupe of years.

[​IMG]

I came across this non-alcoholic cordial for 1/4 the price at my local World Market...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I "infused" an Italian Pino Grigio with a splash in a glass and it was a wonderful, refreshing drink on a warm evening.

Image Unavailable, Please Login