Enzo magazine | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    not me.

2. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    No #9 yet for me either

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    9? Hell, most of us don't have 8 yet.

Rosey likes this.
  4. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I still haven't received #8, so a couple of weeks ago I was renewing my Octane subscription and I mentioned it to the agent and she seemed surprised. She offered to send a replacement copy.

Guess what. That's right...nothing, nada, zero, zip, minus.

jm2 likes this.
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've now received 3 out of my 7 back issues I ordered in April. No idea why only 3 nor any idea why they came from Germany.

Anyway I've sent customer service at least 30 emails requesting updates to no avail and also sent all their editorial staff emails as well to no success. Also linked this thread to the editorial staff too (without response).

6. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    They know you're a publisher too, right? I guess the term "professional courtesy" is foreign to them.

Maybe they should give up the whole idea and just incorporate the content into Octane.

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They do know if they read my emails....yet nothing happened.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I must have gotten lucky. I subscribed from the beginning and they have sent all the issues.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This whole Enzo magazine publisher is a complete joke. They NEVER reply to my emails, the girl that answers the phone (if ever!) does zero, nothing, nada.
    A total fraud and rip-off. Too bad it's only about a few bucks. Otherwise I would sue these people instantly.

Marcel Massini

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My back issues finally arrived. But the idiots sent them (from Germany of all places) in soft plastic envelopes.

The spines are all broken and cracked with corners crumpled over. Amazing that they lacked the fore thought to wrap them in-between cardboard or use a cardboard box or envelope. Normally I'd throw away magazines in this condition - and still might once I read them.

of2worlds, Rosey and jm2 like this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #336 Marcel Massini, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Hey, just be happy that you got something, in whatever condition, at least you got it, finally.
    Adding cardboards adds weight and nobody pays for that. As you know postage and mailing costs, all shipping charges are crazy expensive (people complain all the time). Distributors certainly don't care. These packages go thru metal machines with sharp edges and corners, etc. Sometimes I get magazines that look like a Swiss cow had it in the mouth.
    The magazine of the British FOC usually arrives in my mailbox half-destroyed, they use such a thin and super cheap envelope. FCA mag Prancing Horse arrives very nicely, even wrapped in plastic and then put into a more or less acceptable envelope.
    I get TOFM (factory mag) from some strange BELGIAN distributing company, packed in Poland (!), god only knows why. At least that publication arrives. Not like ENZO.
    Try to have it fedexed and properly packed. Probably costs ten or more times as normal. I have no prob with that.
    I can highly recommend Ben Horton and Andy Maassen at Hortons Books in the UK. These guys know and understand what the client wants and even the thinnest magazine is safely wrapped and packed with tons of bubble plastic and a massive cardboard box. Yes, the package is huge and heavy, and costs a lot, but the mag is brand new and untouched (Scuderia mag from Japan, via Hortons Books UK).
    I also subscribe to Vintage Motorsport mag from USA and that one usually arrives in less good condition, it's just wrapped in a thin plastic. Same for SCM Sports Car Market magazine of Keith Martin. And all the three big UK classic car magazines too. All usually damaged.

Marcel Massini

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    The magazines I receive from the UK....Octane, Classic and Sports Car, Magneto, Enzo (when it comes) and the U.S....Cavallino....all are shipped in plastic or paper envelopes without reinforcement or padding. Astonishingly I rarely have one arrive damaged.

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    My issue of Cavallino magazine usually arrives in a rather thick heavy duty cardboard envelope. Usually zero damage.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  14. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I was able to pick up Issue No. 9 at the Barnes & Noble in Santa Clarita, California.

15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I succumbed and bought one today at the local automotive book store.
    I keep getting requests from the publisher to 'renew' my subscription............

16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    They're much more efficient delivering renewal notices than magazines......

Rosey and jm2 like this.
  17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Have any U.S. subscribers received #9 yet? Seems like we're at the dirty end of the distribution pipeline.

18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    A few days ago I had a phone conversation with somebody at the US distributor who I believe may have been the owner, or at least someone in management. He told me that his company simply manages US subscription payments and paperwork. They do not physically distribute the magazines. He said he has no idea why distribution to US subscribers is so poor, but he agreed that it is.

He offered to check with the publisher to see if there are any copies of #9 available for those subscribers who have not received it. I just received an email from him telling me that there are no copies of #9 to send to the US.

I've sent an email to the CEO of Dennis Publishing complaining about the shoddy, unacceptable subscription fulfillment for Enzo. I included a link to this thread. (Since this is a public forum not requiring a subscription I didn't think anyone would object. I apologize if anyone is unhappy with that.) I'll let you know if I receive a response or if Hell should freeze over, whichever comes first.

In the meantime, I have a spare copy of #8 to trade to anyone who would like to swap his copy of #9, or if someone has a copy to sell, please let me know.

Thanks.

Rosey likes this.
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

I spotted #9 at the bookstore last week but they only had a single copy of that issue for sale so grabbed it. I saw 5 copies of #8 there previously. Some of the UK sellers like Loch Lomond do a good job of packing current issue magazines and are reliable as none have gone missing in the postal system from there.
    As mentioned Horton Books certainly know how to pack magazines for safe arrival.

20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, but postage to the U.S. from the UK is a bit silly, which is why I subscribe. Both LL and Horton's have it, but over £20 including postage.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Good lord, it's 2019.
    Write/create/publish anywhere you want.
    Send a digital copy to the US, or any other country you'd like, print and mail from there.

Or offer a digital option for casual readers. This is insane.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No issue #9 as a subscriber but I did find them at Barnes & Noble.

I have repeatedly sent them emails with links to this forum thread without response. I have sent emails that CC ever possible email for Enzo and Dennis Publishing I could find also without any response. They have taken themselves to a new low for the entire magazine industry. And I even told them that as well.

of2worlds and Jack-the-lad like this.
  23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Of the eight issues published since I became a subscriber (2 through 9) I have received exactly three via my subscription.

24. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I spoke to Richard Dredge today, who writes for Enzo magazine and asked him to point out this thread to the editor which he promised to do next week. In a follow-up email, I suggested that a response from someone at Enzo directly in this thread (as well as sorting out whatever their issues are) might be sensible. I don't know if that will happen but if it doesn't it will be final confirmation that no-one responsible for this magazine actually cares and it will deserve to fail.

Dino2400 and of2worlds like this.
  25. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Some optimist (I’m being kind) on eBay is asking $1,013(!) for issues 1-6.:rolleyes: