360 - Backup camera and or parking assist system | FerrariChat

360 Backup camera and or parking assist system

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Sep 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

I'm looking to put some kind of parking assist system into my F430 but wanted to hear from those who did this what you used and how easy was it?
    First of all is it easy or even worth getting to OEM parking sensor that we're an option with the F430? I heard they were built into the bumpers?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The parking sensors dont help much. There is a good post on here using a Garmin wireless camera mounted on the rear number plate and a garmin sat nav system- comes on when in reverse

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am one of the ones with the Garmin navigation unit - and only purchased it so I could have the camera feature.

It uses a wireless camera that I mounted to the license plate with the wire running behind the plate and then into the engine bay (no drilling required). Then hooked the wiring into back up lights for power.

The system works well but there is a slight lag in transmission - so you need to be aware of that and slow your speed when backing in.

I’ve been pretty happy with it as it does what I had hoped it would do - keep me from scratching the car when backing into garage. I’m contemplating adding another camera to the front grill area - but not in a rush on that project. We will see :)

4. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I have the later year model Clarion "Ferrari" stereo with the flip up touchscreen in my 360. It has an input for a backup camera. I bought a camera on amazon for about $15. Gets power from the backup lights and automatically shows image on the screen when I shift into reverse. It's not as great as the factory camera on my F150 but it does the job.

f355spider likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the oem rear sensors work fine on both of my 430 spiders.no experience with garmin

6. azzurribaggio

Are the sensors built into the bumpers?

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mmmh. yeh, where else wld they be?!?!?

8. azzurribaggio

Ok so getting new bumpers wouldn't be the best option then.

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Back-up camera mounted on rear number plate frame is the way to go. Bleeping sensors don't help at all.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The oem sensors might tell you there is a wall behind you but i would not trust them to get too close

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #12 f355spider, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Why not? Assuming it is the same Bosch system used in every other car for the past 20 years, they are quite accurate. Basically it beeps, and the beeps get faster as you get close to an object, and go steady when you are about two feet away. I have it on a 2001 BMW, and it continues to work perfectly.

12. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Go for a Reverse camera.
    For <1/10th the price I would prefer to 'see' what I'm getting close to than to 'hear' what I'm getting close.

I've been using a Garmin GPS with their b/u camera for over 4 years now and it was documented here a long time ago with pics.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Exactly. Why hear about what you're about to it when you can clearly see what you're about to hit?

14. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sometimes you don't even have to be moving to get the beeps to go faster. In my truck I put it in reverse and the beeps started getting faster and faster and went solid and Bam! Another car backed into me! There was nothing I could do. Until the hit I thought my sensors were freaking out. The other driver took all the damage, my truck is a F350 SD 4x4 with some enhancements. There wasn't even a mark on my truck.

In my Ferrari I added the Pioneer folding screen and camera. Works Great.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login