348 - newer ECU Swap? | FerrariChat

348 newer ECU Swap?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For the 90-92 cars the latest ECU was 147176. It has been superseded by 156536 which is the Spider ECU.

Can you swap in the spider ecu? As far as I can tell the only difference in the cars was the higher pressure FPR. Is it a matter of putting in the 3.4 bar FPR then off you go?
    Do you even need to swap in the FPR as lots of folks put chips in thier cars which bumps the hp to about the same?

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Looks like no one ever bought newer Spider ecu's for non Spiders and uprated the FPR I assume.

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Sorry all my old brain can remember now is
    All the code I compared line by line for the 2.7 ecu was the same until 94 when the spider was slightly different and same as the challenge. I assume this was due to the lower 1st gear in both of them.
    I can tell you the 2.7 responds well to increased FRP. I run up to 4.3 bar to make dyno bragging numbers.
    The 2.7 ecu just does not have the firepower to make a big HP difference. A motec or other ecu is light years ahead. Like going from carbs to FI

I like the stock injectors with increased pressure for the street, open exhaust I go 4 hole injectors. I'v tried a dozen different ones including custom made RC engineering deals

:)

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Makes sense, I was approaching from buying spare ECU perspective not wanting more power perspective. I can find new Spider ECU's but not 1990 ones. I suspect if I drop in Spider ECU's that's expecting 3.4 bar and my 1990 has 3.0 bar it may run lean.

5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I have a shelf full of 348 engine ECU. Not new but a bunch of them if anyone needs spares.

SoCal1 likes this.
  6. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Just bump the fuel pressure you should be fine

Always verify actual pressure both sides

Brian most likey has what you want any 94 is the same and possibly 93 also
    I dont have my notes here they are at my NM place with lots other car crap :)

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Right have to run 3.4 bar fpr and new hoses or adjustable ones like you did then the spider which would be fine.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SoCal1 likes this.