Pete Singhof testimonial thread | FerrariChat

Pete Singhof testimonial thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    so, I just heard from Pete that he has agreed with the mods that his permanent ban be rescinded on the basis he accepts exclusion from the F1 section.

As we all know, Pete knows more about F1 than all Elton’s fans combined, and has a photography business the envy of his peers. He has forgotten more detail than most of us have ever known

It’s a damned shame when someone of his stature is excluded, and personally, I think it’s unfair, but at least he can continue to post everywhere else and those that value his photography and knowledge can continue to do so (while Eltons fans contribute less than **** all to this site). He has spent the last few years goaded, baited and attacked by some on this forum, who reported everything he ever posted, threatened as they are by being unable to argue with someone as clever as him. Still, Pete has confirmed, he won’t miss them one bit, but he will miss interactions with the good guys here - you all know who you are, oh, and me too!

So, without further ado, give a thought for Pete, PM him or post a message here. He can read it I’m assuming even if he is banned from responding?

Oh, and to whoever it was that loves Elton and likes to send threatening messages to people through Facebook.... buk buk buk, chicken......

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Pete, as I pm'd...you will be missed. Tremendously. Your photographs are masterpieces and your knowledge exceptional. F-Chat will be a lesser place without your involvement here.

3. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Surely you can eulogize your friend without these dubious judgements and insults towards other members?

rmani and ATBNM3 like this.
  4. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Pete is a great guy, a very solid citizen.

I’ve known him personally for years, and can attest to his supreme character.

Though Pete and I have frequently publicly disagreed on Lewis Hamilton-related topics, I simply see no good reason for him to be permanently banned from the F1 section.

5. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    You will be missed over here, Pete!

:(

PS: maybe start a thread "Bring Peter back to the F1 section"... ?

stavura likes this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Eulogize? Pete isn’t dead buddy

Please note, I marked this thread a tifosi thread, and I’m entitled to my opinion which isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just as on occasion Elton fans state ‘tifosi this/that/the other’

I’m afraid that when you see it’s a tifosi thread, and it’s subject is someone you don’t like/respect, why bother reading it as you must realise people will be of opinions you don’t agree with

Steve355F1, Senna1994, fil and 5 others like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He's not judging, just telling it like it is, maybe the day any of elton fans contibutes with something meaningfull to this place (other than trolling) Sid can say something nicer about them...

Steve355F1, kes7u, fil and 7 others like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Terra, you and I are going to have to talk, I think either you are not well mate, or I am losing it, because every post you make recently is so thoughtful! I’m sure Pete would be pleased to read this honest appraisal form a ‘foe’ in many discussions!

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sorry to hear this, just read the thread. This is a shame and although I have disagreed on some occasions with Peter, he has always been very civil and polite with his response, I would call it passionate, which we all can be at times. A permanent ban is somewhat extreme imo but then I don't know why he was banned.

Perhaps the lesson is just make your point of view and if someone disagrees then that's there prerogative.

Best to all

Tony

10. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I read you thread because I was curious...which is the reason why most people would read a thread such as this.

Just because one might believe someone to have a very big blind-spot re: certain subjects, doesn't mean they think them irredeemable or not knowledgeable about other matters.
    I think his photos are nice. If he enjoys the forum, I'm happy he's not excluded.

Maybe if everyone chilled out a bit, there's might be less rancor and banning going forward.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's an excelent idea, maybe you should try explaining it to your friends....but i guess that would not serve their true purpose would it?

kes7u, stavura, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Who was the first person to mention Hamilton in this thread which isn't about Hamilton?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  13. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Ridiculous!...... Might as well chop off his manhood while they are at it.

pilotoCS, fil, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    All Hail Pete.

The voice of reason in the F1 section.

I've had my disagreements with Peter before, even had a long ban over it once, but when I finally came back online I had a PM from Peter where we discussed our differences...and all was well.

Mods need to take note that this is quite often the case here. Lengthy bans (especially full forum bans) are really counter productive. Sometimes all we need is a 1 or 2 day ''cool down'' as often in F1, things are said in heat of the moment. Certainly outside of F1 sections you won't find any of us getting as passionate. Quite simply put if the mods continue with how they handle things currently, this section will be as dead as it was in the early 2000s. As the ''main cast'' will have buggered off or been banned, and the trolls will have left as there's no one around to argue with any longer and they'll be found on another site using practicing their trolling abilities.

There are some great people here and some of us have met or would meet at GP's or even same city just because we're there in the future. There is a real community here and it's getting destroyed by some pathetic trolls.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The thread is a testimonial to Pete, if you haven’t anything good to say, best not say anything. How about that?

On the subject of other threads, you guys practice what you preach, have your say then pack it in, you all arrive with some high and mighty ******** about Elton and expect tifosi to agree with you, then get ****ty when we don’t. Doesnt it ever sink in? Tifosi on the whole don’t worship your little ballerina

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Steve355F1, jmillard308, Bas and 2 others like this.
  16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    He could have had access back to the F1 forum as well as the rest of Fchat, on the simple condition that he limit himself to one post per mod action he disagreed with, but the F1 exclusion was preferable to him and his own suggestion. :cool:

17. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Pete, the wisdom of your choice is showing. A Tifosi thread to bid farewell is infiltrated and sidetracked by non-Tifosi.

Go figure.

kes7u, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  18. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I'm a known "Elton" fan.

I'd like to think I contribute something meaningful to this place from time-to-time.

Opie and ATBNM3 like this.
  19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Forum view with normal privileges:

Forum view after an F1 forum exclusion:

I suggest sending P.Singhof a private message if you have any thoughts you wish to convey to him.

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I would like to see the offending post and the moderator's banning post, please.

crinoid likes this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #21 ylshih, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Trolling Forza Ferrari thread. Permanent thread bans.

Violating ground rules for Forza Ferrari threads. No attacks on other members, either directly or as a group. Permanent thread ban.

22. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So does this establish "Elton Fan Club" as an official entity?

Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    So what was Peter’s offense ??

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Being outspoken ?

Good on him for not wanting to be part of this section in deference to being banned from the forum

I opted out of P&R many years ago as it got my blood racing as does this section but I like to pop over and get information from the people who KNOW what they're talking about ...... like Pete, Joe, Sid, Furoni, Bas, ...... the trolls (and they know who they are like the rest of us tifosi) will hopefully leave when their tin god quits

I asked Rob Lay to delete P&R from my fchat view as I couldn't help myself from being passionate about politics and it saved me a lot of stress because I was undisciplined like the trolls in here

Jeronimo GTO, stavura, Bas and 4 others like this.
  25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Sometimes it seems FChat treats Ferrari fans like Disney treats Star Wars fans...