355 - 355 Paint Colors - how many imported? | FerrariChat

355 355 Paint Colors - how many imported?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Charlie Hawkins, Sep 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    Hi Guys, I’m getting close to pulling a private deal together on a F355 that is factory painted in a Ferrari color that I ( and others) have never seen factory applied on a F355. I can’t talk about what color I’m speaking about until I have this deal closed.
    My question is this: Did Ferrari ever make available a list of how many F355 cars were built or imported to America by color?
    Can anyone point me somewhere where I may be able to dig around for that information?
    Thank you very much.
    Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Short answer: no

You could look up the Production Numbers thread in General and then the Colors by year graphic (most likely 360 or 575 section) and guesstimate from there

Charlie Hawkins likes this.
  3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I know on my 308 They had a certificate you could get from Ferrari that stated the original colors. Not sure if Ferrari would dig this up but worth a shot to ask.

But really If you want to know the original color Look up behind the dash board under the carper ect. Most repaints dont repaint the inside of the car.

Does it have the Paint sticker on the rear bonnet? post photos Lets see this thing.

Charlie Hawkins likes this.
  4. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    Thanks guys. I'm not really worried that the car is a repaint because I have seen documents listing the cars original color and the paint sticker lists the same color.
    I am mainly looking to verify how rare this color is, It is a Ferrari factory color but I suspect it may have been ordered from the factory specifying this color.
    I will list the color I'm referring to once i have this deal done next week.

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is it that 608 green?

[​IMG]

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    We await more info... in order to assist.

Robb

7. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    OK, I havnt secured my deal yet but I will provide the color here. Mainly to get opinions on how rare this color is on 355 Spider and what it may increase the value by. The color is 100 / Bianco Avus.
    Thoughts as to my questions here?

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Why do you assume it increases the value? It is supply vs demand that increases the values. If there are only two cars in a particular colour but only one buyer then the value won't be very high.

I know of five US manual F355 Spiders and three 355 F1 Spiders.

9. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    You are correct. I think it increases value for the reason you state, the demand is high.. There is 1997 white f355 spider at a Ferrari dealer at the moment and they are asking $20k over actual value in a Red/Black/Silver etc, color.

10. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    They will need to wait for a buyer who really wants a white car then, to pay premium for it. I would have thought it quite a small pool.

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Exactly. They can ask what they like. Doesn't mean they'll get it.

12. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    I personally would only pay a premium for a car that I liked and wanted, not because of its rarity. Plenty of better ways to invest money...

jimmym likes this.
  13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    355's are not investments. Pay more because you like it if that your thing. But investment... not so much. But definitely pay more if you want one in particular.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jimmym likes this.
  14. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Any vehicle should not be the priority investment. However, vehicles can be alternative investments when held for long term, bought appropriately, etc etc.

Color may be a factor now for premiums, but over time it will be condition and history that drives value.

15. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Color trends change mostly by decade. Like the doorknob joke "everyone gets a turn"

I have a 355 orig 905 white with matching Miami vice white interior what I understood was 1 of 1. Do not believe it adds any value at all unless the Ajax white knight wants to pay big for it.
    Drive these 355s into the ground and enjoy them as designed

:)

johnk... likes this.
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sounds amazing. Any pics?

17. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Unfortunately the car is black now. I have the interior in like new condition, was a Challenge Car for the owner of a ferrari dealer. I will be putting it back to orig soon. This is what it will look like

Here is an old pic. It org had an all white dash but a black upper what put in due to sun reflecting off the bright white

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    Is it your opinion that a low mileage, excellent condition 360 Spider will see a better increase in value than a 355 GTS or Spider?

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont see how anyone cld make a claim for either, if theyre both stick. just impossible to predict and any prediction wld be driven by personal bias. its pretty random id say.

jimmym likes this.
  20. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Buy what you like, if it goes up, great, if it doesn’t at least you have something that you like. With the market now, any potential increase would be off set by maintenance. There are better investments out there if this is what your after.

ShineKen likes this.