F430 rear view mirror with homelink | FerrariChat

F430 rear view mirror with homelink

Discussion in '360/430' started by Flyingbrick242, Sep 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Hey Guys,

I have seen all kinds of cleaver options in Fchat to operate your garage doors or gates.
    Here is my contribution:

Mirror: Nissan/Toyota Gentex. ( there are different applications make sure it attaches identical to our Fcars)
    Cost: $40.00 Operates three receivers/ autodim and compass included

Electrical:
    +30-Blue wire next to black ground wire at dome light...15 amp fuse
    +15-Green/White wire at airbag connector within dome light...5amp fuse
    Ground-black wire at dome light connector

Measured peak current consumption:
    Homelink-50ma +30 circuit
    Compass-60ma +15 circuit
    Auto dim/-150ma while adjusting then drops.

Performance-excellent. Operates both garage doors. Compass works perfectly , auto dim perfect..
    Note: The compass will need to be set to your zone then calibrated.

After installation I was not completely satisfied with the mirror angle...it was slightly too low causing the very top of the rear windshield to be absent while sitting firmly in the seat.
    I measured the angle between the original mirror and the replacement it measured around 1.3 degree difference again minimal but not to my expectation..

Simple trimming of the ball and socket angle at mirror side challenge solved...After the modification the angle gap between the mirror and Ferrari housing was even unlike the picture shown.

The mirror looks factory...I am very picky about this appearance

LorenzoR, VAF84, whatheheck and 2 others like this.
  2. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    VAF84 and Flyingbrick242 like this.
  3. gobuffs2002

gobuffs2002 Karting

Aug 7, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Great stuff, can you post the part numbers on the back of the mirror so i can easily find a match?
    thanks

4. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
  5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Did you buy that new or used. Because I'm seeing some of these with that model number a couple hundred bucks

6. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Do you have any info on the mounting required? Or any more info on it.

I have been looking for a solution like this for a while.

7. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I purchased it used for $40.00 it included the harness delivered to my doorstep.

8. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Other then the slight modification to the ball and socket to obtain slightly higher angle it was straight forward.
    I’ve added the electrical specs and performance within #1

9. benelliwang

benelliwang Rookie

Feb 15, 2017
    Las Vegas
    This is by far the best ideal! Quick question, how do you remove the OEM mirror? Also, how do you pop the light hoursing to tap the power? Can you please show videos? I am very interested in doing this.

10. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I just bought mine:)

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  11. Stout

Stout Formula Junior

May 9, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Don't the 360s have an odd mirror mount on the windshield?

12. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Anyone have a link to buy the mirror kit? I have been looking for this for a while also.

13. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Gentlemen,

I did not show step by step procedure for the hardware removal I believe there are many threads on this, that being said the removal of the mirror is to simply slide the unit upwards making sure to not apply any pressure outwards or towards yourself. The mirror will slide straight upward, the interior/dome light gently pry on right side edge/passenger] as this will relax the spring tabs allowing the unit to drop downwards...the housing for the dome light and airbag unit must be removed [two torx screws] in order to safely connect to the power sources mentioned in #1.
    I've been testing this now for a couple of days, night time driving is much improved with the auto dim activated.
    Good Luck out there.!
    Glad you guys like this idea.!

14. gobuffs2002

gobuffs2002 Karting

Aug 7, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Are you using the power connector for airbag on the steering wheel? Is that where the two torx screws are located? Thanks for the help.

15. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    NO...Never tap into any circuit that operates the SRS components...this is the airbag on/off illumination light located within the dome light housing...it is the +15 to the light circuit.!

16. gobuffs2002

gobuffs2002 Karting

Aug 7, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    That is what I thought to never mess with the Airbag circuit. I just didn't know there was an airbag illumination light in the dome light housing. thank you for clearing that up. That is a switched circuit, correct? I'll have to look in my 2002 360 for that light. :)

17. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

So I just received my mirror today and it's in really really nice shape. For informational purposes I thought I would post a picture of the wires coming out of the mirror. I won't be able to install it for about 3 weeks. If nobody beats me to it I'll post a picture of the wires that it gets wired into.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

johnfe likes this.
  18. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Yes, this is what I did to adapt mine

19. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    #19 Flyingbrick242, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Blk-ground
    Blk/yellow- +30 or battery voltage (homelink)
    Blk/org- +15 or switched ignition (compass/ autodim)

20. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Awesome idea! I just got mine delivered today. Did I read this correctly that you added 2 inline fuses (one 5 amp and one 15 amp) to the wires feeding power to the Homelink and the Compass?

21. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    No Sir, the vehicle fuses are sufficient...this was determined by measuring peak and stabilized current consumption.
    See #1 for those specs..
    Enjoy.!!

22. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Thanks for the quick response!

23. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    I just finished my installation and this is awesome!! Kudos to Flyingbrick242 for this great solution! Works like a charm and looks great too! As he pointed out you definitely will want to trim the ball socket back to allow for some more upward adjustability.

The instructions for programming the compass and HomeLink are easily found by searching the mirror model number.

24. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Noblesville, IN
    Quick question for those of you who have installed. Have you done this on a 430 - specifically a spider??

I ordered the mirror - and all functions appear to be working. I have partially hooked up the mirror - have connected the ground (to the black wire) and the homelink to then”always on” blue wires that feed the light.

I am struggling to find an ignition controller source. I like the compass feature as well as the auto dim and don’t want them to always be on and drain the battery.

For those that have a 439 Spider - what wire did you connect in to?

25. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I successfully installed my mirror and programmed it. Thanks to Flying brick, MJGIN, and Dougster i got it done...Thanks guys.....next is engine mounts