Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price? | FerrariChat

Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price?

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price?

1. V8 Turbo

48.2%
  2. V12 NA

16.8%
  3. Electric Hybrid with short range similar to SF90

18.2%
  4. Electric Hybrid with significantly longer range than SF90

32.8%
  5. All-Wheel Steering

40.9%
  6. All-Wheel Drive

67.9%
  7. Total HP >500

27.0%
  8. Total HP >750

44.5%
  9. Total HP >900

7.3%
  10. MSRP <$300

40.9%
  11. MSRP >$500

29.9%
  12. MSRP >$700

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Soul: Present

26.3%
  14. Soul: Absent

37.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Another bad photoshop

jm2 likes this.
  2. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    OK. My apologies. I saw it online

3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    What could the publicly-owned Scuderia in Maranello release upon the world next?
    Will it be a proper pinnacle to supersede and trounce the Urus, Bentayga, Cayenne, et al?

Now that the musings about 812VS and Icona.2 are stalled without leaks, and the F8VS is simply a waiting game (will they? won't they?), I figured it's time for a new wild speculation thread about an expected upcoming model, the first Ferrari SUV, so-called FUV / Purosangue.

Multiple votes possible to address hybrid status, 4WD and all-wheel steering, as well as power and price.

Please, limit the ridiculous speculative photoshop renders because they merely hurt the eyes.
    All in good fun...

Cheers

4. 027fury

027fury Rookie

Jun 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    KungPaoPhooey
    My best guess given their previous product cycles and how they seem to be shortening them - would be a F8 Spider or some variety or a 812 VS next.

Or maybe another AWD hybrid? Surely they could not have spent all that R&D money on a whole new configuration just for one product.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ...you should have added “Won’t Happen” as an option.

6. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Oh snap
    That would be a plot twist

I should have also included "shouldn't happen" just to cover all the opinions

Although "Manual gear box" doesn't even deserve mention as it's just wishful/delusional thinking at this point.

crinoid likes this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I was believing it would happen 100% however after they scrapped one of the designs for it that was supposedly pretty complete and decided upon and then delaying it’s debut by a couple of years and also quiet talk about taking the company private again I started wane just a bit in believing Purosange would materialize.

8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Or maybe a “ Who Cares “ option as well. :)

willrace and tomc like this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    They should do that, just to watch purists heads explode! ;)

I think (OK, hope!) like the Lusso, there will be a V8 T for people who want the Ferrari badge and want to lay out a few less bucks for that privilege, and then a V12 for trophy husbands like me who want bragging rights while loading 30-count rolls of toilet paper in our SUVs @ Costco! :D

T

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think anyone with the slightest interest in Ferrari should care.

Zadoc Rb Gibbs and DGPF like this.
  11. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I agree, would have been interesting to add manual-trans, and I would have bought one, but sadly looking at the how many 430 manuals were sold, and the current take-rate on those few cars that still offer a 3-pedal option, I doubt you'll ever see a manual SUV/CUV

12. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    My thinking is that the successful experience of Porsche, combined with overall sales trends favoring SUV-type vehicles, make it a fait accompli.
    A public company that manufacturers luxury autos and has a stated goal of moving more units would ignore it at their own peril.

Good on Ferrari if they take their time to get it right, although I personally am not their target audience.

Going private again would be an even bigger plot twist than a manual gear box, but I think it’s even less likely.

anunakki and crinoid like this.
  13. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Unfortunately an SUV to satisfy the shareholders!!! (Saw the RR SUV today. Not sure I've seen anything uglier in my life, other than an American/Sannnyong SUV!) We also have to replace the 488 spider! So I'd go with that next.

But one would hope for a manual as Porsche and Aston Martin have!!! But highly unlikely I suspect.

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oh well .... I guess I’m in the minority. I have zero interest in a Ferrari SUV. Best ,Kirk.

DrewH likes this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t mean necessarily interest in buying the car. I mean what an SUV represents for Ferrari. The end of all that’s holy or the beginning of a new era.

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wealthy housewives are getting bored with G-wagens and Range Rovers, they want a more sexy car but it must be on stilts of course so they can see better and feel “safer”.
    Hence the Purosangue..........

technom3, DGPF and daytona355 like this.
  17. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I wish that I didn't have to live long enough to see a Ferrari SUV. Unfortunately they already have the FF.

sixcarbs and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  18. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  19. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Only thing I know for sure is that I won’t be getting one.

When I think “supercar”, it’s impossible not to think “Ferrari”.

When I think “SUV”, I find it impossible to think “Ferrari”.

Honestly, I don’t care if it’s naturally aspirated or turbo, V6 or V12, hybrid or Diesel. When I want the unsurpassable feeling of a true supercar, I buy a Ferrari.

If I want a true SUV instead of a fashion statement, fast, powerful, super comfortable, with all terrain skills, elegant, majestic and beautiful, I buy a Land Rover.

An SUV is a disgrace to the brand’s essence and heritage, no matter how good it may turn out to be. It may even be the best SUV in the History of the world. Ferrari shouldn’t be building an SUV any more than they should be building a pickup truck or a small city car. That should be left to the other car manufacturers, imvho.

Who has ever missed an SUV in Ferrari’s model range to suppress their Ferrari ownership thirst? Who among us had an SUV posted on our bedroom wall growing up? Who asked for an SUV?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

sixcarbs, day355, stavura and 5 others like this.
  20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally - how the hell are they going to service suvs - its one thing for an owner to have an ff/lusso hung up for weeks, but that doesnt work in SUV land. there is no way they can pull off what porsche did.

LARRYH, DGPF and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The SUV saved Porsche, maybe the move to SUV has something to do with Ferrari's hidden financial trouble unbeknownst to the public yet? Totally a conjecture here.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Nuno, your post is as eloquent as it is sincere. I felt your passion come through, and it dug deep into me. I say these things because I am cautious about disagreeing with you because I respect your viewpoint very much.

I am okay with Ferrari's expansion into the SUV space, not so much because I want to own one, but because I know, they make so much money. I would hope these extra funds could go on to develop other pure sports cars, and maybe even bolster their F1 budget. Ala RAV4s for LFAs, Explorers for GT40s, F150s for Vettes, CRVs for NSXs, etc.

23. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    #25 Booker, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Ferrari has so much cash on hand thanks to limited editions like the Monza, that they have been doing a share buy back. So all signs point to increasing profits and the SUV will just pile on.

While I agree with Nuno, and I think Ferrari should never make an SUV, there’s no doubt in my mind that they will sell like hot cakes. The Ferrari California was a huge change for the company, as most Cali buyers were new to the brand. The same will go for the SUV I presume, especially with the increased production numbers coming. the CEO has no concern for losing their official status as a ‘small’ auto manufacturer. The brand is changing and so are it’s customers.

Imagine the person that buys an AMG Mercedes SUV, or a Lamborghini Urus... how could they possibly turn down a V12 Ferrari SUV? The Lambo doesn’t even have a lambo engine!

In this instance, what doesn’t kill Ferrari, makes them stronger. The days of pure exotic sports cars seem to be over and Ferrari has been trending away from their historical essence for close to a decade.

True Ferrari fans were blind to the shortcomings of previous models, because the experience alone is what they wanted. These people never asked for an SUV and so this Ferrari is not for them.

technom3, day355, DGPF and 3 others like this.