New tactics from Hamilton in future ? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New tactics from Hamilton in future ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    A lot of you guys are forgetting about the cars. Ferrari won at Spa and Monza because we have a high powered low down force car this year. Charles seems to thrive in that kind of car and points to his "prowess" as a "drift-meister." This is very different than Seb's history in high downforce, chassis cars. (Red Bull, Adrian Newey). Remember he was favored to win in Singapore last year before the epic shunt with Kimi and Max (just who was shunting whom in this case?)

With Elton's latest comments, and recent-consistent photo bombing of other driver's interviews, I hope for the day when Elton and Max collide with each other while trying to out elbow and "torpedo" each other because they are such excellent drivers and could win anyway in a Honda Element. ;) Maybe at Singapore this weekend? That would be Epic! If Seb plays his hand right, he may be able to hang back, concentrate on drifting carefully and roll past them both with his new "old man" making mistakes persona. :D

Yes this thread is about tactics, and I threw up a little when I saw Elton in SF coveralls above, but form follows function. Drivers thrive in a car that suits them. Maybe Seb can get a new spec front wing? Or rear too and drag be damned? That would show us more about skill.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't forget Chuck is a master in street circuits and he loves this one....

John_K_348, VPX, jcurry and 1 other person like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel lacks the “adaptability” needed to win now. Obvious when he faced Ricci. Not much has changed and he is clearly not a pressure driver..... at all.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    A raccoon beaten by a rookie in a one trick pony.... awww, isn’t it sweet

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    How quickly people forget about the season Nicole Schertzinger broke up with Elton and he couldn’t drive. Bernie and McLaren had to get them back together so he could remember how to drive.

VPX, Nembo1777, stavura and 2 others like this.
  6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I think at the end of Monza, LH showed ...fear. Until then, I think he thought Max was his only real challenge, which would be limited by an inferior car. An egomaniac, as most drivers are, could accept that.
    When he had to realize that both Charles and Max are gunning for him, and their cars may not be as bad as previously thought, he had to consider his own mortality....and the thought that his career may begin winding down and no longer on his own terms. In that context, it was easier to lose to a peer like Seb in the past, than to 2 rookies, esp when you’ve given it all you had.

Now we will see what he does with that fear.

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mercedes will be on the phone to the FIA and to Pirelli, calling in the favours that give them an additional mechanical edge over the rest to protect their little diva, don’t you worry. Wouldn’t surprise me if there are further comment on Charles defence this week, where suddenly the stewards are no longer able to allow racing, maybe they will penalise drivers if it’s radioed in by a Mercedes driver, and completely irrevocable

8. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Well until Hammy has a wheel banging incident with someone

John_K_348 and daytona355 like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

Please look at minute 24...lolo funny how thigs change he :)

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Being that Hamilton has won races and podiums every year he has competed, explain to me how one can achieve this without driving?

william, fer312t and ATBNM3 like this.
  11. stivemorgan

stivemorgan Rookie

Sep 17, 2019
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Stive Morgan
    Hi everyone. I am new here. As I understood he will drive more aggressive because in the last race Leclerc didn't get any penalty for his not safety run.

furoni likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

kes7u, stavura and furoni like this.
  13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Godsake, the guy has 5 world titles! He won 33% of all races he entered!! 87 poles! He is going to easily beat Michael Schumacher in the number of victories!

What is your problem with Hamilton guys!?

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

daytona355 likes this.
  15. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Been mentioned here before.

Plenty of people don't like his faux personality, including quite a few in the paddock.

Nevertheless, he's had good success in the greatest car.

stavura, Flavio_C, fil and 2 others like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What utter ******** If you believe that you’ll believe anything, or maybe count back the races Elton smashed Nico off the track and changed the result that a fair race might have ended as, Nico champion three times, knobhead none in that period

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He sucks...

John_K_348, VPX, stavura and 3 others like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Welcome...to the jungle....
    Elton just said that so he can cheer his fanboys, he said something similar after massa made him look like a tool in the first corner of the 2008 hungarian g.p...i bet Charles is so afraid of big bad elton that he won't even show up at Singapore!

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

Can't get enough of this, lololo

John_K_348, VPX, stavura and 2 others like this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    My point generally is that no driver is perfect or infallible. Even the best of the best have their ups and downs. Some here forget about some of Hamilton’s down seasons. I don’t undermine his talent or accomplishments. I also don’t really cheer for him and I don’t want him at Ferrari ever unless he’s buying cars.

John_K_348, VPX and daytona355 like this.
  23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Please, contain yourself, this is a F1 discussion. :oops:

Surfah and ATBNM3 like this.
  24. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I don't give a damm about his personality.

Surfah, ATBNM3, william and 1 other person like this.
  25. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Indeed, he is so bad, so bad, that he almost won his rookie championship in F1. :rolleyes:

Surfah, ATBNM3, william and 1 other person like this.