Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 127 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Loma -1800 favorite?
    Jeez, That's A LOT!

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, wow!! Where can I bet on that. :p

3. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Another master class by Loma. :D

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Lomachenko is a beast

5. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    You're not wrong. I actually reckon he let Campbell off the hook once or twice in that fight.

I think he could have knocked him out towards the end of the fight, but backed off a bit here and there.

Maybe because Campbell gave a gutsy effort or what, I don't know. But Loma didn't go 100% every round like he normally does if you ask me.

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Campbell put up a tougher fight than the points indicate. One of the middle rounds he landed some clean punches. I was also expecting Loma to get a KO and youre right he did have his chances at the end of a couple rounds but hes such a technical fighter I think sometimes hes not necessarily taking his foot off the gas but fighting for the win and not necessarily the KO.

PAP 348 likes this.
  7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Indeed!! He gave Loma a great fight! A very tough fighter and he will definitely be world champion one day. :)

Surfah likes this.
  8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    ag512bbi likes this.
  9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I forgot to mention that Tyson Fury was fighting over the weekend. :)

He won his fight via an easy points decision, but he really had to work hard for it.

Fury also suffered a massive cut above the right eye that required nearly 50 stitches to close it up.

Here is a link with some pics for those interested. :)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-handed-two-month-20076793

10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Loma is the real deal. I really like this match up though. Tank is tough but I think Loma has the edge because he's not only physically talented but mentally tough. Should be a good one.

ag512bbi likes this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Mate there was so much blood spewing out of Fury I could feel it coming through the screen of my Ipad watching ESPN+!

Thought the ref might stop the fight, good to see Fury tested. Love his resilence and openness about his mental struggles, makes him a more personable and relatable champion.

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Going to be a great one if they thrown down. :D

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol yeah man, was a massive cut and I am glad they didn't stop the fight. :D

Fury wasn't at his best, but I reckon that cut was the reason behind that.

Was a gutsy effort from both guys, Wallin definitely means business. :)

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    The fight is on November the 2nd. :eek:

Canelo Alverez VS Sergey Kovalev for Kovalev's WBO Light Heavyweight title. :eek:

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I really can't figure out this match up. My first impression is: Not another Mikey Garcia (going up 2 weights) vs Spence Jr. Fight. I still stand by that. But the more I think about it, i wonder HOW can Canelo can beat him. I can only see speed? I just don't know...

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    The way I see it, Golden Boy would not have taken this fight if they thought they were going to lose.

I watched Kovalev's last fight. He did great against the young bull, but when the young bull started to attack to the body, it really put Kovalev in his place and stopped his attack.

I then remembered right back to Ward VS Kovalev II, Ward won the fight by attacking the body through the entire fight. (With a couple of low blows in there also, accidental I'm sure)

So....................I reckon they are taking this fight because Canelo will attack the body from round 1 and I think he will get the TKO victory just like Ward did.

Canelo is a savage body puncher, so I expect an easy victory. Kovalev got old over night after the losses to Ward, so he is right for the taking and Golden Boy know this.

No way they would take this fight with Kovalev in his prime lol.

JAM1 likes this.
  17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    VERY GOOD way to look at it. I still think Canelo is just too small. I keep going back to Garcia vs Spence.

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    When you think about Spence VS Garcia, yes..............should be an easy Kovlev win lol.

Difference is, Kovalev has one foot out the door and Alvarez is in his prime.

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Shawn Porter VS Errol Spence Jr this weekend! :D

Unification fight this one!! I've got my money on Spence Jr via an easy points victory in 12. :D

And hopefully this will set up a fight with Terrence Crawford for all the gold! :D

I will be watching and I hope y'all enjoy watching the fight also. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    This was a GREAT fight!! They are talking about it being fight of the year. :)

It was not an easy win for Spence Jr like I thought because he actually fought a dog fight with Porter, which is what he said he would do apparently.

He said if he boxed Porter, then we would have had the same type of fight as when he fought Garcia. And that is the kind of fight I expected.

Either way, was a great win and fully deserved. Some of the scores were a little off, but the right man won which is the main thing of course. :)

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    All I can say is EVERYONE is ducking Crawford.
    and for good reason.

PAP 348 likes this.
  22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah, did you see Danny Garcia get in the ring after the fight and offer to fight Spence next? :eek:

WTF has Danny Garcia done in the last two years since losing his WBC title? Nothing!

He doesn't deserve a shot against Spence, but I know someone who does .....................Terrence Crawford! :D

I still believe Crawford is the best in the business in their weight division with Spence a close 2nd.

Forget Danny Garcia, lets see Crawford VS Spence!

ag512bbi likes this.
  23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    GGG VS Derevyanchenko tomorrow night for the vacant IBF and IBO middleweight titles at Madison Square Garden. :)

I will be working, but will check the result at work and watch the replay if it's worth watching. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend gents and enjoy the fight if you get around to watching it. :)

24. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

https://www.scmp.com/sport/boxing/article/3031290/manny-pacquiao-complains-floyd-mayweathers-high-demands-rematch-talks

This is going to be the fight of the century this time! Just wait and see! These two gents were grandpas (38 and 40 + washed up ) the last time they fought. They're really going to be great this time now that they're both getting closer to 50.

Pretty sad commentary on the current state of boxing when there is still demand for something as dull as this. I still can't believe the amount of money that was generated by the 1st scam! LOL!! I warned all of my friends on facebook that they were paying for a scam, then they found out the hard way. Maybe the public will get lucky this runaround when one of the two fighters has a siezure just as the other lands a weak punch to the face, knocking the other fighter unconscious :) Hehehehe

Nobody would have paid a dime for this crap back in the 80s and 90s.

PAP 348 likes this.