Taken Off Market - 2013 458 SPIDER TDF | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2013 458 SPIDER TDF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Chupee, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Yea the criticism of my use of “realistic” is fair. I’m just whining because I want what I want when I want it.
    It was not intended to be a commentary on the pricing of the OP’s car regardless. $201 seemed fair to me (not that I know anything special about anything).

2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    O’ contrar, if you think an investment requires zero maintenance you are very much mistaken. You need to continually monitor your portfolio, you don’t necessarily have to trade but need to know how the company is doing. While the company doesn’t put out a new stock each year the market place puts out other competitor companies that may be performing way better than your original holding and diminishing it’s value.

Chupee likes this.
  3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #53 technom3, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Absolutely, but then we get into the menutia of what does it cost to:

Hold the car
    Park the car
    Maintain the car
    Insurance

Do not introduce variety otherwise... we can get REALLY lost

Other companies putting out new stock in my opinion is equaled out by peoples tastes changing. Maybe lambos become the next thing. Maybe porsche creates a new mid engined car... maybe a little company like mclaren comes out... Lotus comes back... or banks tighten their lending on used vehicles.

In my example it is more of one fruit against one fruit... and not every kind of fruit... because the argument can be made against either into eternity if you introduce variety.

I mean all of this very politely... on my 2nd read it can seem like I am being a jerk. Please do not read it in that kind of a tone.

omdehoek likes this.
  4. Lovedmydino

Lovedmydino Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Your car is gorgeous and was clearly well priced from what I remember. You cannot factor in day-to-day maintenance, parking etc. It just doesn’t make sense. All these cars depreciate to some degree but the asking price on this car from what I can say was well within the range of where these cars are.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    OK - what fun are blogs if everyone agreed with one another. The fun and stimulation is in the disagreement and the alternative points of view, as long as they are rendered in a reasonable fashion.:)

6. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The example used was the S&P 500. I own SPY. It's zero maintenance. My cars on the other hand are a lot of maintenance.

7. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    YES, at a Ferrari dealer.

thx

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I prefer not to have my investments on autopilot. I actually think my financial background and investing skill set add something to my investment outcome. However for many folks autopilot is the better alternative for them. I have my son's and daughter's Roth IRA accounts invested in a S&P 1000 ETF and I have out-performed that facility for the past 5 years perhaps much longer. Just saying you get out of a project proportionally with what you put into it.

On the other hand I have the dealers maintain all my cars and put zero energy into doing any maintenance myself. I am so far ahead financially on energy expended on investing vs. doing auto maintenance, since my skill set doing wrenching has long since gone away decades ago. Way better for me financially to do investments and let the vehicle techs take care of my cars. Different folks have different skill sets.

9. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Where did I say I work on my cars?

technom3 likes this.
  10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ya I don't think anyone was talking about time spent wrenching. We were speaking of money to maintain. So taking it to the dealer.

11. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think most everyone here takes their car to the dealer for service. I do.

technom3 likes this.
  12. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Car will be back on the market in 1 week! Take a close look as you will not see this color/combo often!

Thx

Blair

13. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    CAR IS BACK AFTER THe ANNUAL AT FERRARi DEALER

ALL IS PERFECT

SALE PRICE is $200,000.
    Please no lowballs as we all know what these cars optioned as this one really go for!

Just detailed also

thx Blair

14. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Beautiful car.

Chupee likes this.
  15. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    What is the model year?

16. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    Never mind, saw listing title!

17. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
  18. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
  19. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
  20. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sent you a PM

21. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    I appreciate Ferrari Chat classified is a market place of high end cars that we all love!
    What I am requesting is that it is just silly to offer $180,000 for this 458
    It;s not an insult it is just a waste of time. I was offered 180 this morning.

I want to see a like to like at 180 and then you will be respected as a potential buyer. I have sold several Ferraris here and they were ALL really good deals.
    If you are a seriou sbuywer ofer a serious price please!
    I think some people need to visit CARMAX!

22. DEPZ

DEPZ Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 4, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lagrue
    As many have said these past 3 or 4 months you have a beautiful spec 458 Spider. It's unfortunate the market is tanking on the 488's thus pushing the 458 market lower. Everyone is feeling the effect as it's become a buyer's market.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chupee and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I’d at least counter the offer. The market isn’t good enough right now to blow off that kind of money imo.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dont be insulted - its a market. 180-190 is wholesale, i just looked at manheim. 200K is a very fair price. only issue is there is a ton of competition.

i wld also show the car without the stripe, my unsolicited 2 cents.

25. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Blair: Have you posted it on a site like autotrader or cargurus? I only ask because those sites have cars priced higher than yours with specs that are inferior. I think people who constantly search those sites will want to jump in on it asap. You have a beautiful car.

Caeruleus11 likes this.