CPO Question: Warranty or No Warranty? | FerrariChat

CPO Question: Warranty or No Warranty?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Marcus Lam, Sep 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Hello all, need some advice. I am a would be first time CPO buyer and need help choosing between the following very similarly specced cars:

2019 488 Spider (642 miles) = $334,988
    vs
    2017 488 Spider (255 miles) = $299,999

Considering both are in excellent condition, the difference in price is, I assume, mostly reflective of the remaining warranty coverage?

If so, I am insane to consider the 2017 model? The price is attractive and the mileage is super low. Just worried that I am buying a lot of repair costs along the way.

Thanks for any advice!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The price difference is more reflective of the model year, of which warranty coverage is a component. The 17 probably some of the original warranty remaining, after which you can purchase the New Power Warranty for about $5,000/year (although coverage is mostly limited to the powertrain). I'd buy the 19 and get the full bumper to bumper coverage for 2+/- years and have a model that is two years newer.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Depending on the in service date of the 2017 , it may be eligible for 1 or 2 year warranty extension. Warranty extension is the same coverage as the original 3 year warranty.

$6,300.00 One year warranty extension
    $9,900.00 Two year warranty extension

So for the reduced price between the two, you could get the 2017 , add the factory warranty extension, and come out ahead from a money perspective.

But as Viperjoe said, nothing wrong with going with the newer option! ( You can add the above warranty extensions to that car as well when the time comes )

Best part is they both have 7 years free service!

S

Viperjoe likes this.
  4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I did not know that. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat