Wheel caps | FerrariChat

Wheel caps

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tywahn, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tywahn

Tywahn Rookie

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tyler Holt
    #1 Tywahn, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Hello all. New member here.
    I just bought a Fiero with Ferrari wheels. The seller didn’t have the tool to get the center cap off to reveal the lugs and obviously didn’t have the key to remove them. How am I supposed to get them off if I ever get a flat?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I can assure you that despite the prancing horse logo on the center cap, they are not authentic Ferrari wheels. Raise the vehicle, turn the front wheels and check the inside of the wheel for any identifying information. Good luck.

Tywahn likes this.
  3. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I think you use a screwdriver (in that little hole you see) and unscrew it and you can pop it off exposing your lugs. I had this set up (not the ferrari part) on my Fieros in the early 90's on the rims I had.

4. Tywahn

Tywahn Rookie

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tyler Holt
    Thank you so much for your help. I’ll give that a try.
    Ty

5. Tywahn

Tywahn Rookie

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tyler Holt
    I wasn’t sure they were real. The guy I just bought it from seemed kind of shady. Thank you for the heads up.

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #6 up4speed, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Those look like Fittipaldi wheels circa 1991 +/- (I used to have them on my Nissan Sentra). If I'm correct the lock is just a threaded bolt. The tool on mine was just a round tool with an offset indexing pin that stuck in, and I just had to unscrew it. I would find a way to loosen it by using the proper tool, or a makeshift tool. If it's a makeshift tool that you can't repeatedly use, just replace the bolt with something that you can have a tool for.
    As others said, those are not Ferrari wheels.
    This O.Z. tool looks exactly the same as the tool that I had (maybe O.Z. was the parent company of Fittipaldi wheels?):
    https://thumbsnap.com/f/aYMVy7nm

This may also help:
    https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/694970-help-pls-to-find-a-tool-for-this-3.html