Cant get Air Bag light to go off after replacing stickies?? | FerrariChat

Cant get Air Bag light to go off after replacing stickies??

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ifeelfree0, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The council of all knowledge- please help:)
    My indie replaced all my stickies several months ago and after reinstalling them, my air bag light won't go off. He read an ECU error so we replaced the board and its still on. He has spent many hours now taking the stickies off again to see if there was a pinched wire or anything that may be creating the error and so far nothing . The battery checks out fine. There is some speculation it could be the master on/off switch. He indicated some 550's have had that issue and it creates an unstable ground condition. Could that be it ?

Any suggestions? The car runs fine except for this nagging light.

Many thanks

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It needs a SD1/2 to reset the light, that's the only way.

Something about turning the key on with the airbag disconnected sets the light.

Qavion and INRange like this.
  3. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I believe he has done that on each pass prior to startup but I will verify

4. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I totally agree with Dave. Always turn off the battery disconnect when working around the dash and disconnecting/reconnecting connectors. I learned that one the hard way also. Will require an SD1 or 2 like Dave mentioned and you need to use the special connector for it on the passenger side--can't be done from the OBDII connector.