The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette) | Page 16 | FerrariChat

The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fireman1291, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    That’s why they need to sell that SUV and the Valhalla. The SUV is the money maker, which will help pay for the development of the Vanquish. The Valhalla will be the shakedown and confirmation of the TTV6 hybrid system, which will be toned down for the Vanquish. Which should come out at around the same time the F8 Tributo’s TTV6/hybrid replacement comes out (LB=Little Brother, or so they say on here).

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Come to think of it, when was the last time Aston Martin was doing well lol? I don't think I've ever heard they're swimming in cash. I guess their appeal is too limited.

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    There was five minutes when the V8 Vantage was released that things looked up

jm2 likes this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I remember. 2005 at Geneva. 10:00 AM to 10:05 AM. :)

kes7u and jm2 like this.
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The vantage really did help Aston in the sales area. It's funny tho..I service more of the v12 cars then the v8 machines, even though there are more of the v8s on the road. They are a damn good car over all. Not much goes wrong with them.

SVCalifornia and G. Pepper like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ROFL,

His latest thread is now extolling the virtues of Ferrari kit cars.

he’s great though, very entertaining, it’s been a while since we’ve had an agent provocateur so interesting.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #382 paulchua, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    I, too, at first thought the luxury handbag thing was all badge, no substance. To a certain extent, yes, the ultra-high cost bags start getting into stupid money because the price reflects more of the exclusivity and rarity. Think baseball cards and comic books.

I bought some expensive luggage and handbags for my wife, not in the ludicrous birken bag money territory, but let's just say foolish zone. At the same time, I purchased regular say Coach bags or Micheal Kors. I found that the Prada, LVs, Gucci consistently outlasted and were far more durable than the more pedestrian brands.

I put this to the test; I bought a non-logo Prada wallet. It was 3x more expensive than what I usually buy. It's over three years old - it looks like it just came out of the store.

When I talked to a leather merchant, he told me what should be obvious- the high-end brands get the best leather, use the more expensive treatment, and do more labor-intensive manufacturing. I don't know if true, but I can say my experiences have shown true durability.

I rather pay triple for a wallet that will last me 6 years, than one that lasts just a couple. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other? Well the former definitely 'feels' a lot better. so no.

8. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    I've evolved forward from the position I espoused in this post.

But.

The point is still salient with regard to your post here. A Corvette is VASTLY more reliable than a Ferrari. It's not even close. Chevy builds cars to be abused, to be supercharged and stroked. GM's 5.7L 350 push-rod V8 may be the toughest performance engine ever, given how many 40 year old, zillion-mile versions of it are still happily rolling around. The LS engines are similarly hard to break, and will also be around 40 years from now (if they're still legal).

So Prada leather is a poor comparison.