Grand Canyon Rally for Dino & Vintage Ferrari Nov 10-14, 2019 | FerrariChat

Grand Canyon Rally for Dino & Vintage Ferrari Nov 10-14, 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by synchro, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 synchro, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    - Are you bringing your Dino or Vintage Ferrari to the International meet and getting excited about the massive amount of events offered but still want more back roads driving after the official events are over?
    - Would you like a fellow Tifosi volunteer to show you the same back roads driven by our local FCA and The CopperState Rally to Sedona, The Grand Canyon and Route 66?
    - Would you like to spend 3 nights in a top resort in Sedona?
    Famous magazine USA Weekend called Sedona "The #1 Top Spot" in their Most Beautiful Places in America list

I registered early and started looking at The International meet list of activities and early on it is full on a daily basis. There are so many activities planned that you'll be busy having so much fun in Scottsdale that you might miss the natural beauty our Grand Canyon State. The organizers have even thought of everything with day trips planned but what if you can't get enough, have an older car or (like me) are just a bit slower than the rest? :)

Then I started this idea, "I've led overnight FCA trips for 10+ years, why not go International and share The Grand Canyon with our Tifosi !"
    and after doing my research I now present to you:

DinoRally.com

Volunteer led, 2-4 hrs of driving each day and you are in the heart of Sedona at a top private resort just footsteps from downtown art galleries, shopping, bars and restaurants.

OK, I really have taken liberties by calling this a "RALLY".
    To be clear, this isn't the CopperState Rally where you must scramble each morning, try to fit everything back in the car and rush off to the next spot. This is a more relaxed and social event, where you unpack once for all 3 nights and choose what events you want to do. Then again, the Dino Rally is only $195 and the CopperState Rally charges almost $7500.00

Sedona is the perfect location for photographing your Ferrari and the morning and evening light can be a stunning back drop for a photo of your car. There are some amazing settings! Famous photographer and Dino owner for 40 years, Gunther Rapp, is excited about attending

If you've never been then here is a short video

Attached Files:

miketuason and TomAZ like this.
  2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #2 synchro, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Date Correction Nov 10-13, 3 nights in Sedona.

Currently 12 registered

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    UPDATE: The Entrance level parking structure garage of 15 is now full, I visited last week and signed contracts for their last parking structure of 12 but on the second tier. Like the main level, this is video montitored 24/7, roving guard and private for our use only.

Attendees are coming from as far away as Chicago in the USA and Germany Internationally. Come have fun at the Grand Canyon

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

miketuason likes this.
  4. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    You may want to reconsider eating at "the finest french restaurant in Sedona" It has gone downhill in the past few years which you can confirm on a few online reviews.
    Looks like a great rally!!

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Please consider yourself invited on a volunteer led trip to The Grand Canyon Nov 10-13, 2019 immediately following the FCA International Meet in Scottsdale Nov 6-10.

You do not need to own a Dino to attend, just have an appreciation and respect on the road.

We currently have 14 Ferrari registered for a 3 night stay in Sedona Nov 10-13, 2019, immediately after the FCA International meet (Nov 6-10).
    www.DinoRally.com

Volunteer led, these are the same roads our FCA Region drive on our local trips and we would like to share them with our visiting Tifosi . If you have not seen the beauty of The Grand Canyon or the driven the back roads of the Colorado Plateau, then there is no better way to do it than in a Ferrari. The red rocks of Sedona and our host hoptel, The Amara Sedona, are just 75 highway miles from N Phoenix but we will spend 2 -4 hours driving back roads each day.

Only 4 spots left, after Sept 1st we go into late mode and hotel rooms at our 35% discount may not be available, trip registration increases to $275. Chase vehicle with mechanic included, staying 3 nights creekside in the center of Sedona means you unpack once and we will have wonderful options to show our out-of-town-guests the beauty of the Red Rocks area, fabulous dining and exquisite shopping. Our hotel, The Amara Sedona, is offering 35% discount on rooms and secured, private parking in two 14 car structures solely for our use.

Think CopperState Rally at a far better Hotel and at the volunteer led cost of $195 we are nowhere near the $7500.00 cost that the CopperState Rally charges.

More details here: www.DinoRally.com

To register, email me at [email protected] with Entrant Names , car model/VIN, and Polo shirt size

Attached Files:

6. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
  7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #7 synchro, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Excellent post, Thank You but we are two steps ahead of you.

Took the following photo just 3 days ago as we ran the first route stage again, through Sedona to finialize the Route Book. We confirm they are finishing a small construction project, but have mitigated these issues by:
    - We are staying at the Amara Sedona on weekdays not weekends
    - There is no need to take the Ferrari out after arrival
    - We have rented the hotel's two secure parking structures solely for our use
    - Fuel stops are planned so you arrive at the Amara Sedona with enough fuel for the next morning's group drive.
    - We have rented the Amara Sedona's hotel shuttle to take participants to local venues
    - Perfect Location - The Amara Sedona is creekside & private yet just walking distance to everything (art galleries, shops, bars, restaurants)

Safety and security for Ferraris at the accommodation was the #1 priority on planning this trip.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #8 synchro, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    THERE IS STILL SPACE REMAINING, JOIN IN THE FUN

We have an excellent group size for planning meals and one of the more fun parts of this trip is sharing our local cuisine with our Out-Of-Town guests. SouthWestern style with a flair. All meals are pay-as-you-go so you select what and where you want to eat.

Master Chef Lisa Dahl has created four wonderful restaurants in Sedona and here is her Mariposa Grill where one of our group dinners is planned.
    The scenery is breath taking.
    Took this short video 3 days ago to show our trip attendees the setting of the restaurant

9. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
  10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ran the final route for fuel, bathroom and photo stops then stumbled upon The Porsche 356 club ....everywhere - over 30 Porsche 356s at The Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, US Route 66, and Winslow

Our 35% discounted room rates end in two days, I am holding two extra rooms for late comers so they can get our better rate, contact me directly.
    Two spots remain, come in any car you want, we only ask that you limit passing vintage cars on the road. Our goal is to share the beauty of the SouthWest with friends from afar

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Here is another video of Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Byway into Sedona.

https://members.roadstogo.com/epic-drives-and-epic-rides/roads-togo-best-driving-roads-arizona/roads-togo-best-driving-roads-arizona-flagstaff-and-sedona-area/roads-togo-best-driving-roads-arizona-state-highway-89a-oak-creek-canyon-1080p/

synchro likes this.
  12. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
  13. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    I image it is extremely beautiful in the fall.

14. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004