488 - My 488 Pista in Bianco Avus | FerrariChat

488 My 488 Pista in Bianco Avus

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Soup Nazi, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I thought that we couldn't order regular Bianco Avus because the stripes would beed into the white paint so I had to order a metallic so I chose Bianco Italia.

Your paint has a nice sparkle to it so thought it was one of the metallics.

njcycleguy likes this.
  2. Soup Nazi

Soup Nazi Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    Actually, you're right, I was looking at the original spec sheet I had when I looked the color up.

Ferrari forced me to switch it to a metallic one, can't remember which one, Italia or Fuji.

I'm inclined to say it's Fuji.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    Just look at the plaque in the frunk and the color is there. Beautiful car. Are you on IG as well?

4. Soup Nazi

Soup Nazi Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    I’ll check it out and report back. Yes I am. FerrariRacer85. Thank you.

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Multilayered whites are fantastic in the sun. Big congrats on your Pista.

6. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    I’m typically not a white car guy, but that combo is really stunning. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnr265 likes this.
  7. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    This! - really awesome spec

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice spec.. love the colour combo!

9. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    BTW, you are the first I've seen who deviated the triangle wedge in the door. I had a great plan for that in one of my mockups but backed out when I changed the exterior color as it didn't work anymore. I was going to have it wrap in a 'C' shape around the firewall as well. Looks sharp on your car. Was this dealer extracamp or is this a tailor made?

10. Soup Nazi

Soup Nazi Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    It says Extra-Range. lol

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Stunning. So much attention to detail. Thanks for posting.

13. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    open the hood and on the hood itself there is a yellow sticker with color name

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Well done!

If you look at the sticker in on the hood it will say, also you can look at the build plaque in the trunk, look at the second area it will say it all.

15. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I had no desire to buy a Pista and never did, but it's well known that many that wanted one, and probably deserved a shot at one, did not get an allocation. Soup Nazi doesn't even know the color of his car or that it doesn't have GPF (see other thread), but he got one? I understand that not everyone immerses themselves in everything Ferrari (I don't), but you'd expect a guy that got to spec a new Pista and has a Speciale and a 488 would be a little more knowledgeable - at least know where to find the paint sticker!! Just goes to show that Ferrari really doesn't care about us being enthusiasts like they claim, they just like our cash - not that we didn't already know this.

BTW Soup Nazi - your car is awesome!! I'm guessing it's Fuji, it's tinted too gold to be Italia.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thé brand a has changed though: as the car have become easier to drive and more customizable they have become more and more a tool to show off. Not that they weren’t before and not that soup n is in that basket but I noticed that. Lambo is just like that.

17. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    beautiful......

18. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    This is what dealers envy above all... Money.

So what if they don't know the fancy name of the color, it's not his/her job. Or they could've picked up the car from a flipper.

Do you ask a cardiologist what's the exact color of their car?

Igor Ound likes this.
  19. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I don’t get the question - are you saying cardiologists are too busy to know anything about their cars? That’s contrary to all the exotic owning doctors I know. I assume the vast majority of exotic owners are highly skilled, hard working individuals, yet I rarely meet a guy that can’t rattle off the color of their matte purple Perf (just happened the other day) or red Ferrari - especially the kind of owner that posts on Fchat to show off his new whip.

20. Katonk

Katonk Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You guys are a bunch of dicks! It’s the color he liked period. Straight out *******s!

IloveGT likes this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would have used different words, but, come on, lets not judge. Not everyone knows all the details. I wonder if even in the golden Enzo era if most Ferrari owners knew the exact type of Weber carburetors in their cars, or the maker of the brakes. I don't think we should criticize SN for what he knows and what he doesn't. He got a beautiful Pista- the fact he bought and then was concerned to ask about GPF says it all to me. And I think he specced it too. Very well done!

22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Cone on man. Give the guy a break. From the time you place your order to the time the car is delivered is a really long time. It’s not unimaginable that he forgot the color. You spec one thing and they ask you to change. Happens.

Congrats on the car. I’m a white car guy- love your spec. Well done.

23. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Love the spec and your garage. You sure can pick the best specs!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  24. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Snowflakes. I don’t care if Soup Nazi knows the color of his car or not, but not one of you can name 2 exotic owners that don’t know what color car they bought, so don’t give me any crap. I certainly took a light dig at Soup Nazi for his ignorance, but my main point was that Ferrari supposedly favors Ferrari buying enthusiasts over money - a myth we all know is untrue and perfectly exhibited by this case.