Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 106 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hard to hear the engine with da nona stop talking:D.

kandi and jpalmito like this.
  2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  3. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    When is the first delivery in Europe?

4. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not very specific information, but my guess is Q1 2020.
    Dealer demo cars are arriving in October.

6. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I haven't read this entire thread, but from what I see no one has received an actual allocation for an F8 in the US, correct? What is everyone hearing on when dealers will start seeing allocations? My dealer still has no idea.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My order was submitted last Friday, Marketing Manger told me to expect it to be allocated within 30 days. Still says delivery late Q1 - early Q2 2020.

8. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    Wait! You just submitted an order and you will get it within 6 months? That's awesome! Maybe I need to figure out a way to order in Az!

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So I’ve been told, we’ll see what happens. Deposit since June, order finalized and submitted last Friday.

10. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Yeah, I put my deposit down a few months ago and configured my order at the same time. The real question is when will dealerships start seeing allocations. My dealer says he still has no visibility. Glad to hear that your dealer is going to start seeing them in 30 days. Hope that’s the case for all dealers.

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Looks like more and more robotics will become the norm.

elmadi, Mb5000, gzachary and 5 others like this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Does that mean that the Ferrari apologists can no longer excuse poor workmanship or defects on hand made small scale production.

DGPF likes this.
  13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The factory is impressive. There are robotic manufacturing machines and then there are robotic manufacturing machines which push the envelope of quality and precision. Ferrari employs the latter!

DGPF likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Exactly! There are some things that machines do better than people. We should embrace that, not dismiss it!!!

DGPF and Shadowfax like this.
  15. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    That was wonderful, thanks for posting.

How long before people are removed completely from the process?

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Not sure about the prior V8 line advertising but V12s were always pitched as being built by a single expert over a couple of days. Robots don't seem special by comparison. My robot is better than yours? Guess having the built by plaque common in the industry is gone.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am sorry sir, but this is an ignorant viewpoint. Of course the V12s are built by a single technician, BUT certain functions are done better by machines. There are things that a person cannot do as precisely as a machine can. Are you familiar with the Romeo and Juliet, for example?

MANDALAY likes this.
  18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Agree certain repetitive functions best done by a well calibrated machine. Love the Romeo and Juliet robots especially shrinking the seals with LN2 for a precise fit. They have been doing this for a long time. However, I'll take the expert human feel for the general assembly. Maybe that's ignorant but that's my preference. Robots don't take a salary, go on strike and don't need to eat/sleep so there's that.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Robots definitely make an improvement to build quality. Ferrari have had Romeo and Juliet for a while and their quality has improved. Where low volume makes its presence felt is in other areas. For example trim items or general assembly fit. There’s no doubt Ferrari build quality is way ahead of where it was 10 years ago, just not at the level of Toyota.

However, there are some items where Ferrari has a poor record that really need to be addressed and cannot be excused even for low volume production. Just returned from a road trip where both a Pista and a Portofino have had battery troubles - the Portofino especially, wasting a day of everyone’s time. I also had a battery go in a 2-month old Lusso a while ago. This is a very common problem when you ask around. Why? Our Portofino chap lucked into finding a Varta store in Germany opposite the dealer he was recovered to (a JLR dealer who used to be Ferrari over 2 years ago....what’s that all about?). Paid €100 for a better battery than Ferrari charge €600 for. This needs sorting.

I took my RS on the trip and the car ran faultlessly and was a great companion for the trip. I’m not a convert overall and still prefer Ferraris for road trips but the battery thing is getting to be an issue.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Sorry to call you out mate, but Toyotas are mediocre. Want to see real, solid quality? Mazda!

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I was explained to me by the techs Pista's battery is even more subject to failure than GTB's :eek:

Frankly to take a Pista or any Ferrari on a trip without having a starter pack and tools to remove the floor plate is really tonguing for trouble. Been there done that... their battery and charging system is a utter disgrace.

Not going to argue with you but where does that leave Ferrari in the build quality pecking order?

of2worlds likes this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Was at the F8 launch in our state Victoria Australia on Friday . Great even , Ferrari really knows how to hold an event !.

Blue car, This car has been everywhere around the world. I does look really good the more I see it. Really studying the lines. I noticed that the front spoiler now is a single piece of the whole bumper unlike previous models. Need to really look after it from scraping.
    Less stitching on the dash and more parts that are plastic or carbon fibre instead of leather. I guess this is also to do with building the car faster.

They started and reved the engine MANY TIMES and let it idle also. Definitely louder than the 488 GTB . Wonder if it will the burbles and pops when driving ? Need to wait until the demo arrives. Was told final orders 2022 and final arrivals in 2023. 50/50 on a speciale version. The Portofino coupe has been delayed as it will move into the new format, will be a V6 turbo and the entry Coupe Ferrari ( word is it will be called DINO )

also Ferrari has informed our guys that flew over last week that our lower grade petrol ( high sulphur ) will have no issues with the GPF.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, colombo2cam and Shadowfax like this.
  23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes speaking of the dash, you have to add DATR (Carbon fiber dashboard inserts) which was the same as the 488- carbon fiber inserts around the AC vents. But to cover the rest of the plastic looking “resin” areas, you also have to add CIIP (Carbon fiber instrument cluster) so the dash carbon fiber gets pricey quick. Even more if you go with the matt finish.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Robots only assemble and according to their setup. The battery problem is an engineering design and test issue. One day they will be concerned about how customers view this concern but it will take a lot of money and expertise to design a vehicle network and power system that functions without issue and will not drain a decent standard battery.

of2worlds and Lukeylikey like this.