F12 tdf market price thread | Page 30 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    exactly.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wtf???

I’ll reiterate- you have no freaking clue what you are talking about. Are you going to go down the road again about automatic mode again? On something you have zero personal experience with??? Really??

I own a 720. Have put close to 4000 miles in 10 months on the car.

I owned a 488 - put close to 5000 miles on the car. Traded it in a few months ago as I have a Pista incoming.

Literally drive them daily.

And here you are with no ownership experience whatsoever telling me how to drive my cars. You are acting as an expert on things you DO NOT OWN.

You are clueless.

I’ve ignored you but this is too much. I just read this thread and curiously find you arguing with ttforcefed. Why does that not surprise me.

Freaking joke.

Learn humility and learn the fact that just because you have a subscription to Car and Driver does not make you an expert on cars.

Unreal.

Way2fast, 4_Eff_Sake and paulchua like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Heavy meds maybe? Parallel world?

4_Eff_Sake, SoCal to az and paulchua like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What I really want to know is your thoughts on Pokemon cards? Which deck should I create? @ttforcefed has been helping me, but in reality I think a lot of the stuff he advises goes over my head. Should I buy Charizard card?

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I would buy the heavy meds argument If it was a single post or thread in question.

It’s a pattern of repeated posts on topics where he has no clue what he is talking about.

Arguing with you about values of cars. You even posted your impressive buying and selling history.

Arguing with me about driving in freaking auto mode when I’ve repeatedly stated PERSONAL experience that it’s not a fun experience.

God knows what other threads there are where he is arguing with people with an infinite amount of more experience with him on a particular topic.

No, it’s not heavy meds. It’s something else.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have no clue anything about Pokémon cards. None. Have never bought or sold one, don’t even know wtf a Pokémon is.

However- I will pm you my recommendations on what to buy and if you don’t follow my recommendations, well, you are just clueless.

paulchua and Nelsonc275 like this.
  7. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    :D:D:D:D

paulchua likes this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Look fwd to talking about TDF prices again...

plastique999 and paulchua like this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Excellent, I was hoping you would say and do exactly this. Much appreciated, and go easy on me, I don't own any of the cards (they are my daughter's), I actually never even played the game, so bear with me.

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dont hold ur breath!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I like pokemon cards more than any new ferrari right now. Short the 10 yr and get short stocks

paulchua likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I cant decide if i respect his passion for having 4k posts on a forum where he doesn’t own a car or if i think its insane. The part that throws me off if the conviction with which he says things that i think is very dangerous- he shld carry a general surgeon disclaimer letting the public know he has no basis for any of his conclusions.

SoCal to az and Thecadster like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sweet, okay, what I'm thinking is I will initiate a diagonal call spread on the Charizard card and a front put spread on the Yurtle card. If I can get two lucky charms and a unicorn out of it, I think I'm good.

as always Rick, thanks for your help.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    On a serious note everyone shld buy ivol. My friends runs it and shes the real deal

paulchua likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That’s the problem right. There is no requirement to be on a forum and read and learn. You don’t need to own a car if you enjoy cars and want to read about and talk about cars. We all at one point we’re aspiring Ferrari and lambo and Porsche owners.

But when you start arguing with actual owners and passing off your uninformed opinion as gospel, well....that’s a problem.

People may be making financial decisions based on these posts and your bs may cost someone money.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sounds fun. I have some play money, put a market order to execute Monday for 100 shares. Tell Nancy, I have faith in her! Free money has to end at some point right?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @Dansage was the perfect example of this very point.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    2-4 cars a month!

paulchua and sampelligrino like this.
  19. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
  20. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    This is just a train wreck .... of course I keep coming back - lol

MDS

paulchua likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hahaha. Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Uh, I didn't tell you how to drive your cars. You didn't know how Auto mode worked. It works the same in pretty much every McLaren. I don't feel like going back and looking at old posts, but I'm pretty sure you didn't realize/know that Auto mode in McLarens are mainly throttle dependent. You said you never used the mode and that auto mode is bad. You're wrong. Auto mode is very good and usable. If you want to redline in auto, you more or less can since the shift times are based on throttle. Again, you didn't know that and seemed to bash using auto mode for some reason.

Now you know and probably use it happily.

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #748 noone1, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    OK, I'll do you a favor SoCal. Here are your posts about not knowing how your 720S works.

So yeah, you didn't know and you were wrong... unless of course you're the guy who likes to cruise down the street making a **** load of noise at 30 mph at redline.

Oh, and here you are admitting that you never having used the modes even though you just claimed they were terrible and upshift too quickly. So which was it, you know how they work or you never used them? It's cool, you slipped up, no worries.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't see the prerequisite for having a car at any given time. Most of the cars you own I wouldn't even want if they were given to me. You're in your 40s, I'm in my 30s. We don't like the same stuff.

You talked a big game, but when asked what you've bought and sold, it was barely anything of note. You bought an F40 who knows how long ago, a CGT probably in 2010, and flipped a TDF. Everything else on that list... who cares. When you said you had more cars than days of the month, I figured it would be F50, F40, 288, Enzo, 918, and all that jazz, not a 91 Diablo and a FF.

If I want to know what a car sells for these days, I'll just try to look at actual sales and offers, not what you paid for a BMW M3 or a Countach.

DGPF likes this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Jesus Christ. He is still arguing trying to prove his point.

Doesn’t own any exotics and yet is telling actual owners how to drive their cars and telling people who buy and sell regularly that they “only”
    Bought a Carrera GT and an F40.

Tell me again how many miles you have behind the wheel of a 488 and 720? I have close to 9000.

Tell me again how many cars you have bought and sold?

Tell me again which exotic you currently own?

Unreal.

paulchua and 4_Eff_Sake like this.