F12 tdf market price thread | Page 31 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #751 noone1, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    LOL. I'm not telling you how to drive anything. Drive your 720S at 27K rpm around your subdivision all day for all I care. Manually put the spoiler up too if you want at 42 mph. You didn't know how auto mode worked and I simply corrected you. What are you so upset about it?

You said it yourself. You "never used auto mode", "ever". You said they shifted too early and made it terrible. I simply told you that you didn't understand how auto worked in the McLaren, being throttle and mode dependent. Maybe you tried it since then, maybe you haven't. I don't know and don't care.

BTW, since you might not know this, you can leave the car in auto mode and manually shift. Cool trick, eh?

DGPF likes this.
  2. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Do I need to go fire up another bag of popcorn or is all this BS going to be over soon? :D

Way2fast, paulchua and JagShergill like this.
  3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Good morning ....

Several hours later, the train is still derailing ...

MDS

paulchua likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    do you think its weird you have 4k posts here and an equivalent amount on the mclaren board? do you understand why it's hard for us to comprehend the conviction with which you speak?

paulchua likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    perpetual fuel in this train!!

paulchua and JagShergill like this.
  6. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    You really need to go buy some “real cars” ... ;)

Carry on

MDS

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and ill stay away from paddles so i dont get confused with using auto mode!

paulchua likes this.
  8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
  9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #759 noone1, Sep 21, 2019
    March 2006 - Sept 2019. 13.5 years... 4927 days, 4300 posts.

Do you find it weird for someone to post a single message per day? I don't. I don't find it weird that people use Instagram and Facebook 10x a day even though I don't look even once a week. Hell, there are long stretches when I'm busy and don't post really at all.

I don't actually view this as a Ferrari owners board. It's just another car forum for following whatever the more modern cars are that happens to have more Ferrari stuff. I don't care about old cars, thus you won't see me posting in a 348 sub or a Gallardo sub. I read the Lamorghini board as well (though it's dead), and the Tesla board, and McLaren board, and the Audi R8 board. I read the forums/sub-forums with the modern model ranges because those are what I'm in the market for at any given time.

I say you couldn't pay me to drive most of these cars, but the reality is that if the price was right and I was bored, I would buy just about anything. Currently there is absolutely nothing I care about owning. I've even looked at FF's before too, but I generally think it's ugly and the interiors are dated, hence why I don't jump at the "value" of a $100K modern NA V12. Why do you think I didn't buy a CGT in 2010? I think they're actually kind of ugly and for some reason they were really out of favor in value, figured they'd only get cheaper if I changed my mind. People over-exaggerate the clutch fragility too. Should have listened to my instincts and that I know how not to burn up a clutch.

So how do I have conviction? Because I'm not emotional about these things and I don't practice the tribalism that most exotic car boards cater too. They're all just modern cars that will do just about everything you throw at them perfectly. It wasn't long ago that people **** on 3600 lb AWD cars... but now the latest and hottest Ferrari is a 3600 (probably closer to 3800) lb, turbo, AWD hybrid. Now the end of the world are particulate filters LOL. Oh if the whole world knew that Ferrari forums were full of people focused on particulate filters...

So with conviction I can say 300 lbs extra in an SF90 doesn't matter in the real world. Porsche just did 7:20 on the NR in a 5000 lb 4 seater while someone is trying to tell me that 300 lbs is unacceptable.

But I get. There was a time when I was irrational and emotional too, when I HAD to have CCB, when I called the dealer to know if I could spec CF trim yet, when I wanted those light weight Euro seats.

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What is funny is I have him on ignore and can only see all your one-sided responses. :)
    But from history I can predict his inane comments.
    Guys...if everyone put him on ignore he’d not get any responses from the long time owners here, and thus become even more irrelevant than now.

paulchua and dustman like this.
  11. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Oh it’s comical reading .... no question about it.

MDS

paulchua and boobernackle like this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #762 Thecadster, Sep 21, 2019
    This post is in shockingly poor taste. For me, it represents a crossing over from simple court jester to something else altogether. I have long found interlopers/trolls curiously interesting, but “Mike” just jumped the shark with this last post. It’s one thing to be plainly wrong about nearly everything, it’s quite another to launch a breathtakingly rude attack like above. In the end, I just can’t make sense of a guy that owns no cars taking a shot at a guy who owns millions in cars. I mean ttforcefed probably spends more on storage/maintenance/taxes/insurance per year on his cars than “Mike” pays in income taxes.

Lastly, IMHO, if one does not like cars enough to invest in any of them, maybe one should find an alternative online hobby. I can think of more than 10 cars I would buy right if I could.

13. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    There are several Tdf owners here who could/would contribute to this thread in a positive/productive manner were it not for all this childish non-productive banter. Is this what Fchat has degraded into?

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Upon a reread of my post just above, I think I crossed the line. To be clear, I don’t have a clue how much “Mike” pays in income taxes. Even making that reference was in poor taste on my part. I cannot believe I said that. I’ve been broke. I’ve had a couple dollars. People should be evaluated independent of the economics. Plus, it’s just none of my **** business.

Something about launching an frontal assault on a 30 car collection when the person owns no cars made me completely swerve out of my lane. Apologies to both Noone1 in particular, and Fchat in general.

paulchua, j09333, Prancing 12 and 3 others like this.
  15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #765 noone1, Sep 21, 2019
    Then just close the thread. There's nothing else to contribute with respect to the topic and OP's questions.

Are TDF's worth asking price?
    It depends. How bad do you want the car and how rich are you? It's worth what anyone will pay for it. There's no actual answer to this.

Are they selling at asking price?
    Well none of those listed have sold, so maybe or maybe not? See question 1. Obviously you can buy one for $895K, which is less than $1M. The cars have all different specs.

Will it appreciate?
    Maybe or maybe not. How could anyone possibly know this? You're better off analyzing the global economy if you want to know where the value of million dollar cars is going.

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Can you guys put on ignore so we can move this thread along now?

paulchua likes this.
  17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No need to apologize, I'm not offended. The point was not that his collection was bad or anything, it's just that buying and selling 30 random cars has zero relevance to selling prices of 7 figure modern Ferraris that are doubling in price upon delivery.

The modern collectors/LE market is very different than the once-a-decade market from before. The cars are nothing alike and the markets are nothing alike.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Why cant i find no ones post where he said this? Did he edit it after the fact? Im referring to the post this one responded to.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im not the guy with 8k posts who doesnt own a car. Im not much older than u. And i dont drive through neighborhoods where i cant afford to buy a house. Hope u get banned asap.

paulchua likes this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Paul this guy needs to go - and since he is no one it will br all upside.

Igor Ound and paulchua like this.
  21. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #771 noone1, Sep 21, 2019
    No idea why you can't find it. It's right here: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146820688/

I'm not sure what the "driving through neighborhoods where you can't afford to buy a house" is about. You're going off on weird tangents now. I never said anything like that to anyone.

DGPF likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    paulchua likes this.
  23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ttforcefed, you're obviously upset at the remark about the cars he bought/sold over the years. I apologize if what I said rubbed you the wrong way and my comment was not at all related to whether or not your cars were good/bad/quality/****ty/whatever. They're all perfectly fine, some are even quite cool and something I would have wanted when I was younger and they were newer. As I said, we just don't like the same stuff.

It was just about price/niche relative to modern million dollar exotics these days. I didn't feel that 95% of what you listed had any relevance to the topic.

24. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Listen mate - you seem to be unable to stop poking the bear.

Especially with this post you wrote, then deleted with the benefit of hindsight and a rare moment of perspective and self-reflection...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Let’s just acknowledge that ttforcefed’s accumulated experience at trading exotics - be they less than the arbitrary $1m or not - vastly outweighs your experience of selling zero or a number in that general vicinity.

You destroyed this thread with your arrogance. Please just stop for the sake of everyone’s sanity

paulchua likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I wish ur presence on this forum was irrelevant- unfortunately it’s degrading.

paulchua and SoCal to az like this.