488 - My 488 Pista in Bianco Avus | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 My 488 Pista in Bianco Avus

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Soup Nazi, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    A guy ask a simple question. He gets falsely accused of being a troll. They ask him to show his car. He shows his car. Now the issue is that he is not knowledgeable enough about his cars. Common guys !!! He has an awesome Pista and a beautiful garage that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Surfah, Thecadster, Igor Ound and 5 others like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. Dude has a legit car collection.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You seem triggered. It takes money and passion. Don’t judge the brand on one instance.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Katonk

Katonk Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Snowflakes lmao! You’re the one to talk. Although you say you didn’t want a Pista, you know you’re still butt hurt because you didn’t get an allocation. Try being personable and you might get offered one. I bet you’re that guy that walks into a dealership and all the salespeople run away because they don’t want to hear your grumpy ass. I’m assuming you’re not the life of the party or you sue people for fun. People like you give Ferrari enthusiast a bad rep.

Surfah and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #30 IloveGT, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    I knew it. It could not be the avus. It is simply too pearly for avus. I personally think it's Fuji. You have a very beautiful selection, Soup N. Good taste. I think the pearl color match this car very well because of the lines. At first I thought I was looking at those pictures - is it blue or gold?

Some people do get jealous. This reaction reminds me of how rennlisters got all worked up when someone was just talking not liking the GT3 after he got it for msrp.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You are wrong, and your way of judging other owners is on the level of an angry 10 year old that did not get what he wanted..

Here's an example. I have a close friend and relative, who's deeply involved with the brand, and a major enthusiast. He owns a few cars, including a 250. If I ask him if he knows whether or not his incoming Pista Spider has GPF, he does not know. If I ask him what colour his 250GTE is, he says "greenish blue". He remember the colours of some of his cars, but he tends to forget such details pretty quickly, as the name is not a big deal to him. He cares about driving and the cars themselves - he drives the absolute snot out of his cars to say the least, he dailies a Porsche GT4, 365 including on snowy days! He's currently doing the Classiche event this weekend as I type this. He's set up for the Challenge series next year, he's done all the Corse Pilota events, he's attending the reveals and venues etc. from Ferrari and other marques, On top of that, he's driving the Radical Cup as well as participating in a slew of Porsche events and normal open track days etc. When he's considering a new car etc. he brings me along for various reasons. I'm the geek that can ask some of the technical questions he can't and lend a second opinion if needed. People do things differently and value different things.

I've know quite a few VERY enthusiastic car owners over the years that could not always name the colour of their car. So what? They drove the **** out of their cars.

Tell me this "Mr. Enthusiast". What are YOU doing to not only keep yourself involved with the Ferrari marque, but also keep yourself involved with driving and motorsports in general? So you can name the colour of a car and know whether or not it has GPF. You think that makes you an enthusiast? Newsflash. It DOESN'T!

Sorry about the rant, but stuff like this really gets to me.

7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    That is a hawt white! Congrats.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It was no different back then. Loads of celebs drove sportscars and luxury cars to portray an image. During the Luca era, it was more of the same. Loads of guys who spent a slew of money but was not even involved with the marque itself got high client status. Look at some of the people who got LE cars just for being A listers or having spent enough money on just buying cars - some of them were even flipping openly.

Much can be said about The Sweater vs. Luca, but with the two year ownership clause and seeing the new blood is getting a chance, it seems to me that Ferrari has started caring more about the enthusiasts than ever before, and not only the high rollers.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You talk nonsense. Since when does knowing the name of a colour make you an enthusiast? Driving the car as it should be driven makes you one!!!

10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Very stunning!!

11. Soup Nazi

Soup Nazi Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    Well, this thread is inflammatory. Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it. When you wait a year and two months for your car to be delivered, and so many changes take place during that time, it becomes difficult to remember everything that took place, especially given the multitude of businesses I own.

With that said, I do know the colors of the cars, 488 rosso metalizzato, 458 blu elettrico - likely one of a handful in this color, if not the only one, and the pista the spec sheet was Avus, but changed to Itália due to stripes bleeding.

Furthermore, I actually track and drive these cars how they were intended. I’ve completed the all of the Ferrari NA pilota courses and go to all their international racing events, like on the 15th and 16th of Oct I’ll be in Italy at a limited track event I was invited to go by FNA. Aside from that event, I’m actually taking the Speciale and Pista for a Ferrari Dealer track day on the 8th of Oct., so unlike your average Ferrari buyer who doesn’t drive it and simply admires them in their garage, I actually use them as they were intended, and at 34, I’m likely one of the youngest ones here.

Thank you again for the feedback and kind words.

Surfah, jomarti1, Thecadster and 11 others like this.
  12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  13. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    You post asking about Pista sound and get questioned. You post about your Pista spec and get questioned, don't really get it

Congrats again, beautiful lineup of mid engine V8 Ferraris. Would love some brief driving impressions/comparisons between the 3 if you ever find the time

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    You truly don't need to explain yourself to anyone, regardless of color naming. All my Fcars are RC, because I'm tasteless.

You are who you are and it's your money, even if you parked cars and stared at them all day, that's fine. It's your money and you earned it, spend it however way you please.

Beautiful spec and congrats all around!

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You don’t have to explain to anyone. You have a beautiful collection of cars. Love your Pista!

16. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Love it!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that's a good one. wink.

One time I too forgot the name of my 458 color to a salesperson. I was literally telling him grigio...grigio... silver. (it was grigio titanio), and I bet he thought I was lying about having ferrari. I have also driven the 458 to home depot and costco with my wife. Hmmm, I thought I was enthusiast enough and have the biggest ball doing that! Home depot! Which one of y'all have ever driven the ferrari to home depot! I just drove the FF yesterday to pick up some cloth baskets too.

Whoever called the op not enthusiast because he forgot the color name is simply not cool, or simply jealous.

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yes, that is exactly what we need!

johnr265 likes this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Nothing better than a bloody red Ferrari mate. ;)

20. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    #45 johnr265, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Raising hand..... the frunk actually will fit the propane tank from your barbecue. Ask me how I know;). I actually got my first door ding in the Home Depot parking lot the 3rd time I drove my car (easily fixed). I love taking it to Costco too and seeing how much I can fit in it. This pic is deceptive because I packed it so tightly but my cart was pretty much full (and yes, I like chips damnit!!!!:D)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

sampelligrino and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The real use of ferrari besides tracking. Propane gas in the frunk! You win!

My wife got me some "bitchin sauce" for chip from costco. No joke. The name is real. And they are good.

johnr265 likes this.
  22. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Rough crowd over here on this thread tonight!

Ferrari should require all potential Pista owners to pass some sort of test.. something like, "here's the bore & stroke of the motor and one cylinder head chamber size in CC's - now calculate the compression ratio to two digits or no Pista allocation for you"

If they did that, I bet you'd see a lot more Pista's being driven hard in the rain and a lot fewer parked in climate controlled garages.

Ray

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    They'd just google it not picking up on the term ratio. :)

24. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Insane spec....loooooove the interior. Just right, well done.

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Waste of petrol and mileage. These cars are best enjoyed in high grip situations.