2020 Portofino | FerrariChat

2020 Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bmcginn, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    My wife and I just took delivery of a 2020 Portofino, Nero Daytona exterior with Cuoio interior. Of course I’m biased, but the car is stunning (I think the Portofino may actually look better with the top up). And the entire buying process was an absolute joy, we spec’d it out in early May, ordered it in late May, and took delivery yesterday afternoon. The car was actually ready to be delivered a few weeks ago, but we were in Italy visiting the Ferrari factory (which was a very special experience). We’ve owned a number of high end cars over the years but never owned a Ferrari so I didn’t really know what to expect. All I can say is WOW. The car is a beast yet it’s about as user friendly as I’ve ever seen and the technology is way better than I was expecting. We wound up optioning the car with all the usual options but really tried to not go nuts. Two options we didn’t get were Apple Car Play and the upgraded stereo...and from what I’ve seen (and heard) so far, that was a good move. This weekend’s weather is supposed to be fabulous and I can’t wait to take a spin with the top down.

BHMSOCCER, wrs, Chizz and 3 others like this.
  2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It’s against forum policy to post such a tease and not provide pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ggbh8, HansB, BHMSOCCER and 3 others like this.
  3. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Will do. As soon as I figure out how to do it.

4. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Congrats. Post pictures when you are able. Can you give more details about your opinion of the standard stereo for music and phone

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I think the standard stereo is more than adequate for both stereo and phone. On my way home from the dealership I was listening to various Sirius channels and was streaming using Spotify. I also made a couple of phone calls and it was flawless. Now full disclosure, I’m in my mid 60’s and my hearing isn’t what it used to be, but I’m very happy I didn’t get the upgraded stereo. And I’ve never been a fan of Apple Car Play.

Texas2step likes this.
  6. NGom

NGom Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    UK and France
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Gomersall
    Can't believe that we have owned our Portofino for a year already and covered nearly 6,000 miles. I'm very happy with standard stereo. We do have Apple Car Play and I wouldn't bother with it next time especially at the price Ferrari charge for it!

Texas2step likes this.
  7. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    NGom, that’s my point about Car Play, if it was $500-$1000, I would have spec’d it just for resale value. We have it in my wife’s Mercedes GLE and my Porsche Panamera, but never use it.

8. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    I find the bass response in the standard stereo a little lacking, but I fix it by turning the stereo off and listening to the engine. ;-)

R J likes this.
  9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Looks great. Btw I had mine subtly lowered using new springs (Novitec) and it makes a real difference to the stance - looks a lot better

10. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I’m sure it does, but that wouldn’t work for us because our road has three fairly large speed humps.

11. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Congrats..great looking car
    Any options that you selected for your MY 2020 that were not available on MY 2019 ?
    ie. lane change assist,ventilated seats etc.

12. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Can you provide pictures and what size of spacers you have! If you have thanks

Popspin likes this.
  13. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Ventilated Seats and ADAS. I’ve heard some Ferrari people don’t like the ADAS features, but I’m a big believer in them. That said, we didn’t get the front parking camera because it was a $6000 option.

14. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I’ll look, but I don’t think there are any spacers since these are factory wheels.

15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    What is ADAS ?
    Is that the lane change assist and can it be ordered by itself without it having to be bundled with anything else ?

16. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    ADAS stands for advanced driver assistance system. It’s lane change assist, pre-safe braking, etc. Originally it was all bundled into an ADAS option, but I think ultimately it was a series of individual options.

17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/blog/portofino-from-start-to-finish/

That link is my actual car and is on the blog of the company that supplied parts (I have no affiliation with them). Trust me, it looks a lot better lowered - most people can’t actually tell it is (which is a good thing), but I just think stock it rides too high. No issues with speed bumps yet (and i live in london, where they are everywhere...)

Autolove likes this.
  18. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    How much for all the ADAS gadgets?

19. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    It looks really good, but I’m going to stick with the stock height. I’ve seen speed bumps in London, they’re nothing in comparison to what I’m dealing with.

Chizz likes this.
  20. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    i think they totaled around $9k, or maybe slightly less.

21. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Is it possible to get the ADAS without the 360° camera ?
    I was under the impression that it wasn't!

22. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    Yes, it is possible. Two different options with different codes. ADAS for the package and SURR for 360° camera.

23. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    My dealer kind of lead me to believe that I had to tick the SURR if I wanted the full ADAS!
    Anyways...probably would have done that in any case...