FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This race no matter the result is less of a race than F1 should be. The 'management' phase needs to die and soon. Its not racing when no one is 'racing' LOL

william, fil, lagunacc and 8 others like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Wow Hamilton must be the most loved driver in F1, why does the FIA not show this love and support for any other driver?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    THAT I do not know KTU. ;)

ktu likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Neither do I. I'm not sure if anybody knows.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes, but he gave leclerc a proper tow to get him provisional pole, expecting to get the same in return.

stavura, Bas and Igor Ound like this.
  6. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What do you mean they wouldn't let him race? They said go ahead, just don't do anything stupid.

Ferrari were covering max, leclerc was already past pit in so they called Vettel in at the last second to cover max and undercut Hamilton. He drove a truly great outlap and got both Hamilton and Leclerc. They would have had to pit Leclerc first from the lead, and that would have kept Vettel behind Hamilton and most likely behind Max too who would have undercut him, killing any chance at a 1-2. It would have been leclerc 1 Vettel 4th with hamilton 2nd and max 3rd. That's a way worse outcome.

7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Lol.. what? In the 7 races before Baku 2017, Hamilton already had 4 poles and 3 race wins ;)

lagunacc, ktu and Jakuzzi like this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    See, the Elton fanboys claim he doesn’t need the best car, in fact, he makes the Mercedes the best car, and it’s his greatness that makes the wins possible. Now, they claim he is losing because LeClerc is in the Ferrari, and apparently that’s the rest car now, so Elton can’t keep up?

Which is it, a great driver would be able to take the fight to the Ferrari, especially as in practice, the Mercedes was the better race car. He didn’t, LeClerc controlled him totally, never under any pressure.

LeClerc is proving what we all know, Elton is a fast driver, and just happens to have the best car in f1 by a comfortable margin until now. He may have got inside sebs head, but with LeClerc, he has found a rival that can take advantage of the best of his car to beat Elton in a straight fight. More proof Elton is not anything overly special. Wonder what the excuses will be when he loses more and more races to the Ferrari I’d they can keep up the pressure. Keep an eye on Twitter guys, they may be some Mercedes plans and drawings going for free on there soon!

Jakuzzi, Tackleberry, fil and 4 others like this.
  9. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    What a fantastic race that was. Elton should be praised for lifting that dog of a Merc to be able to pressure Max and our Fezzas. If it was not for his super human driving ability Merc would not have had P4 today so guys lets give praise where it is due, unless of course max or LeC were in the Merc and it would have been P3 or higher.

Forza Ferrari and suck eggs Elton.

trumpet77, Jakuzzi, fil and 3 others like this.
  10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    What's wrong with going quickly as slowly as you can? Or is it going slowly as quickly as you can? F1 is providing the world with unending excitement, the likes we haven't seen since June Northcott won the rock skipping contest by three hops at Winnemucca Lake in 1847!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Had LEC been allowed to run the pace he wanted to while leading he would have still been ahead of VET, VET's outlap notwithstanding. That's not my opinion, that's from several race reports.

william likes this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No one up front did anything in that race though. LeClerc couldn't attack Vettel. 'Mr excitement' Vertappen was near invisible. Neither Merc could mount an attack. The closest anyone really got (as far as applying pressure to the driver in front) was Lewis right before LeClerc pitted...

It was a drive to a delta procession...anything but a straight fight. Everyone was was under-driving their cars to manage the tires. Clear air and track position were king. I don't think you really fault or praise anyone particularly in the top 5 - none of them had the tools to attack. I'd begrudgingly give driver of the day to Vettel, since he was a bit better through the traffic than LeClerc. Aside from the great result for Ferrari, you couldn't have though that was a great exhibition of racing...

trumpet77, sampelligrino and lagunacc like this.
  13. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I don't think we have anything to complain about. We came in 1, 2...and that is what I wanted. The nature of the game kept everyone bunched up as they tried to make their tires last. That led to a call that gave Vettel an advantage...but the call was for the team...and the results were for the team. Leclerc has nothing to complain about, he is driving for Ferrari, not for himself. Vettel drove well, deserved the win. He didn't outdrive Leclerc but he still worked for the win and earned it. I was also impressed with all the passing and dicing and back and forth in the mid pack teams. I enjoyed the race from beginning to end. And I was happy to see a race where Mercedes could make it to the podium, based on the fact they just didn't have the poop. They were soundly beaten.

14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I thought this was one of the most boring races of the year. Great for Ferrari locking out P1 and P2, but still a boring race with the tire management, and the safety cars.

william, 375+, lagunacc and 4 others like this.
  15. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Gee, I missed that one.

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  16. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I was there. I'll never forget it! I have that stone around here somewhere.......

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Connor MacLeod, is that you?

Jakuzzi, daytona355 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Not only that...he can't even get to Vettel who we're all constantly told is a terrible driver not worthy of anything.

classic308, Jeronimo GTO, VPX and 2 others like this.
  19. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Really so they had to park Bottas to let Hamilton in - please lap 3 seconds a lap slower.

Jakuzzi, 06F430SpiderF1 and fil like this.
  20. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    My 2 cents on the race... Ferrari Had a 1-3 with Lec ahead or a 1-2 with possibly Vet ahead. Vettel then lucked out on top of being on a good day and managed to leapfrog Chuck.
    Binotto apparently said they've considered swapping, but I guess that SF needed Vettel to win that, to be the reboot/shot in the arm he needed.
    Anyway great result for SF, Chuck wasn't happy (but, as someone said before, Senna wasn't happy when Prost won and vice-versa).
    The rest...I don't really care. Had my common laugh at Stroll, Bottles being as alive as a potato, and no one else shined.
    FORZA FERRARI

daytona355, 635CSI, G. Pepper and 3 others like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

daytona355 likes this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That one was really low, even for Toto...

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Much prefer an interestingly developing strategic race (especially if Ferrari win like here and with Kimi last here) to one full of artificial overtakes

furoni, Bas and VPX like this.
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Bring back refuelling. More strategy possibilities and lighter/faster cars.

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    completely agree. First half of the race yesterday was everyone absolutely cruising.

Introduce refueling, remove the MGU-H and allow more engines = loads cheaper (ICE costs **** all, as do normal turbos) and drivers will push much harder all race...this will also take away this idiotic tyre management (saving) we go through every single race.

daytona355, Jeronimo GTO, VPX and 2 others like this.