How good is Bottas ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How good is Bottas ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by SimCity3, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The lack of the winning spirit, killer instinct, eye of the tiger

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As long as someone will defer to Elton, his fans will talk up anyone that drives alongside him, I bet my dead granny would be viewed as a good driver by the Elton brigade if she was in the second Merc..... laughable really if not so transparent and cynical. Bottas a good driver..... the guy has no biting desire to win, only one to pick up his paycheck and be patted on the head after the race. I don’t blame him for the former, he isn’t up to the job of racing properly so why not collect the big money he gets for his vanilla performances, but being the pet of Toto and the arrogant diva is something I find distasteful.

I’d rather someone that fought against the obvious bias of Toto and the Rat (RIP) such as Rosberg, who bar some dangerous lunges from Elton, embarrassing team orders and decisions, and rather dubious mechanical failures at the most imperfect time, would have won at least one more title, maybe even two more, and actually matched Elton on a weekly basis. Rosbergs only problem was that he was a gentleman, and believed you should act properly, and so let Elton get the edge over him by refusing to be a bully boy like Elton himself

ingegnere, stavura, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  3. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Sid, I wouldn't say he (bottles) is not a good driver, but definitely not a good racer!

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He just stuffed the car on the wall, i say he sucks!

5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

That's a good idea.
    But not sure Toto has the stomach for such, despite talking the talk.

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Bottas is "smashing" good!

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That represents about 3/4 of the grid !

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I thought he was a right f-ing clown last year...but this season he’s been pretty solid. Consummate wingman actually.

9. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Solid number 2

william and daytona355 like this.
  10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    That’s a bit harsh on Bottas. He isn’t a no hoper. He’s just mid pack.

daytona355 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  11. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Exactly. Elton CANNOT be friends with someone who can beat him and especially someone who HAS beaten him. To be fair, that's not unique to him in F1, but he's the worst....

12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    He does exactly what we was hired to do. No reason to replace him as long as they intend for Prince Lewis to win.

william, sammysaber, kylec and 4 others like this.
  13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

He kept it close with Hamilton today

daytona355 likes this.
  14. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    He's very obedient. We'll give him that.

william, classic308 and daytona355 like this.
  15. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes.
    The most obedient puppy in the paddock

classic308 and daytona355 like this.
  16. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    He gets paid $9M a year to play second fiddle on what has been up to now the best F1 team , why screw it up , life is good , he won’t see that kind of money again once he leaves MB .

william, sammysaber, subirg and 3 others like this.
  17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Yes true, but when he calls it a day he will be remembered as Lewis' personal little *****. That's not really what you want to be remembered as.

sammysaber, daytona355 and SimCity3 like this.
  18. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    He is lucky to be where he is given his talent , at best a solid midfielder, even gets to win a race once in a while on a good day . $9million ***** lol , not bad

william, Surfah, subirg and 2 others like this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Every driver I've met entered the sport to win.
    Money is a secondary consequence.
    The frustration will be chewing him up inside for years.
    The only plus is he's not playing butler in a midfield team

20. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    100% they wanna win but comes the time when reality sets in , you realize you don’t cut it no matter how hard you try , especially when you can’t do it in the best car . I disagree with the money part , it is always about the money , when you have it it matters less but nevertheless, when the chips are down , it is about the money

william and daytona355 like this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Except when he was fighting Kimi in the Ferrari and running into him at every chance.

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  22. Habra24

Habra24 Rookie

Sep 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Arnaud Habraken
    He clearly isn't and never will be close to Rosberg's level, he showed his limits a several times, even if you just look back at this season, he drives the best car but can't compete regularly with Hamilton as Nico did back in 2016, he got a contract extension mainly because he is happy with his second place

william likes this.
  23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    For what Mercedes wants he's the perfect driver.

For us to decide, how can we when MB won't let him be anything more than #2?

william likes this.
  24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    People seem to forget that Bottas only got the job by accident when Rosberg bottled it and ran away from F1 leaving the Merc seat suddenly empty. Merc had to take whatever warm body they could get and Bottas was the only man standing. Nice slice of luck. Now he’s a GP winner on $9m a year. His career has hit its peak and he’s doing a great job of clinging on for as long as possible. Being a good lapdog, as demonstrated at Singapore, comes so easy and naturally to him because he is at peace with his position. Good for him.

william likes this.
  25. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Mercedes have a clear set of rules, and if left to race normally in Singapore Bottas would have been P4, Lewis P5. He cant' be happy with the result but thats what he is paid to do, and if the positions were reversed with Bottas losing out in a team undercut, they would ask LH to give the place back. Valterri is a very hard working team player, thoroughly deserving of a hard earned seat. Some of our participating armchair experts have no idea what it takes.

william and fer312t like this.