Past / Current (not future) 458 Market | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Past / Current (not future) 458 Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DoubleD33, Sep 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Great post, Terrence. You’ve made me fall in love with the 458 yet again.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    TRUE. I was at dealer today, both 458 Italias on floor sold last week, none remaining in inventory, looking to acquire more. But currently have 12 (twelve) 488's on the floor, available for purchase.

Roland1688 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  3. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    preowned Ferrari website currently has 106 488 spiders for sale, 38 458 spiders

cars.com has 167 488 spiders, 69 458 spiders

Roland1688 and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    To me personally, it makes sense. I would and will buy other Ferraris, just not at the expense of my 458.

Regarding the past and current 458 market, I do remember this piece of news and this thread:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-slowest-depreciating-car.550027/

Kind regards,

Nuno.

5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It is interesting because I was at another Ferrari dealer recently (in the area on vacation) and I struck up a conversation with one of the salesman. I told him I had a 2013 458 Spider and he immediately asked me if I wanted to sell it because he had customers looking for 458's. He then went on to say that when they get one in, it doesn't stay around long. I thought he might be BS'ing but now I read that others have had the same experience. Who knows???

Maybe the prices of the 458's have reached a point that they are becoming "affordable" to more people and hence the popularity. Don't get me wrong, I love my 458, but this could explain some of the desire to get one especially considering the technology leap it represents from a 430 (BTW - I had a 430 also and really liked the car).

6. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    I've never driven a car that puts a smile of my face like the 458

Graz and jomarti1 like this.
  7. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Despite the fact that I have a 458, be careful about putting too much emphasis on how many of each model - specifically 488 - that is up for sale. It is not uncommon for the "newest" used car to be most numerous. These people may be the original owners who are moving into the next car and or trading in/getting out. The preceding models - 458. 430, 360 - are usually bought by the second, third (or more) owners who are actually planning on keeping it for a "little" longer than the original owner. Just as in a dog/cat rescue sense, these cars may have found their "forever" home. Therefore, there are less for sale than the newer ones.
    Just my .02
    Best

Ash Patel and dustman like this.