Motorsport Network (owners of FerrariChat) in trouble? | FerrariChat

Motorsport Network (owners of FerrariChat) in trouble?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jtremlett, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Not sure if this has, or will have, any bearing on FerrariChat but it is being said Motorsport Network, owners of FerrariChat, Autosport magazine, F1 Racing magazine etc. are having some financial difficulties with an announcement currently expected Tuesday. Link (reference is to Motorsport.com not Motorsport magazine which is unconnected):

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Uh oh..... maybe letting Elton fans troll about in the f1 section has finally dawned on someone as a bad joke they shouldn’t have encouraged....

Hope they sort it, or let Rob buy it back for peanuts..... be a shame if they folded

technom3 and 19633500GT like this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This site CANNOT go.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It won't
    Too much traffic. It will get bought. Pre or post bankruptcy.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That being said. I think all the moderators are going to have to pay to be a mod.

They already work for free... Now make them PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILL TAKE MY 30 DAY BAN WITH HONOR!

daytona355 likes this.
  6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Saw this coming a looong time ago.

A sale was their ultimate goal from the beginning. Buy everything in sight and then sell as a whole for profit.

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Does Fchat operate at a profit?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you guys kray kray :D

Boke posted same message this weekend and I answered in the thread. I don't know what is going on, if anything, but something is ALWAYS going on with Motorsport Network. The company has multiple subsidiaries and products. Just to get a summary... https://www.motorsportnetwork.com/. They buy and sell companies often. They are hiring all the time and I've known of 2-3 other layoffs in 3 years. The new CEO this year is from Liberty Media and there was quite a bit of restructuring, good moves from what I saw.

Where does FerrariChat sit in all of this? I just had a long talk with the founder of Motorsport Network yesterday morning and he didn't mention anything except getting the usual updates from me and throwing out suggestions. Did you know Motorsport Network recently bought Canossa https://www.canossa.com? Motorsport Network has become a major force and grown to 300+ million page views a month. There are so many companies I wouldn't be surprised if there were structural changes to better align synergies, offload non-performing areas, focus more on performing areas... you know typical conglomerate/buy out firm operations.

FerrariChat has a diverse and fairly balanced ownership group consisting of myself, outside individual (Ferrari guy), Speed Digital (owned by a Ferrari guy), and Motorsport Network (owned by a Ferrari guy). There isn't anyone in the group with more than a 26% ownership. Speed Digital currently has 100% operational control. I'm #2 behind the CEO at Speed Digital and he's a great CEO. He is focusing on the Speed Digital legacy business https://speeddigital.com and our new property https://www.motorious.com, while I'm 100% focused and almost have complete autonomy operating FerrariChat. FerrariChat is healthy financially and whether I'm around or not will be a perpetual asset, to someone. You will never see FerrariChat go away, worse case might be I move on and then FerrariChat is mismanaged, but then again someone might be able to manage it better than me. Rest assured though no matter what goes on with our parent companies, FerrariChat is very valued.

DIGMAN52, LVP488, Themaven and 3 others like this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    To translate Rob's post, it's a gold mine! :D

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I wouldn't say that, it was pretty good when I operated it off my couch, no employees, no office, no back office to support, and no pressure from parent for various marketing and partnership initiatives. :D Honestly a perfect small business for an individual high margins.

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just having fun Rob. Take it easy on me in both FChat I and FChat II this week. :(

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    :D