Michelin Cup 2 for 812? | FerrariChat

Michelin Cup 2 for 812?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by BLKM3, Sep 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLKM3

BLKM3 Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    It looks like the Michelin doesn't make the right size for the OEM rims.

Is there another size I can do with safely?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think the only choices we have for 812 is either Pirelli PZer04 or the Pirelli PZero Corsa for the TDF. The Corsa will definitely be stickier but they will also be noticeably worse in foul conditions- so if you are driving in the rain more than the random time you are caught out in a storm- Id stick with the standard PZ4- which are nice tires btw! But if your 812 is more of a dry weather only car, then the Corsa might be fun to try once you've worn the PZ4s down.

Petrolhead#32 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  3. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    You can get the regular super sports in the right size, I have them on my 812 right now.

Honestly so far I think the Pirelli's have been better. I was hoping these tires would be an improvement but they just don't see to be. It would be nice to get the 4s or the SC2's in the right size. I have the sport cup 2's on my Corvette and they are fantastic on the track.

At this point I'll see what's available when I need a tire swap early next year. Hopefully something new but if not I'll go back to the Pirellis.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you want a more track oriented tyre for the 812, go with the Pirelli PZero Corsa for the TdF. It is the right size and as close as you can get to the Cup 2.

The pilot Sport 4S is available for the 812, so I see no need to use an non-Ferrari spec older tyre like the MPSS.

There's no safety issues using the TdF specific PZero Corsa tyres, so choose those if you want a road/track tyre.

Petrolhead#32 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Wait, where can you get the sport 4s for the car? I was told that wasn't available...

I was offered the corsa tires but I don't want a track tire on my car that I mostly street drive (and drive in the rain on occasion).

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #6 Il Co-Pilota, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Read page two of this thread and take the part numbers with you to your dealer.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/best-tyres-for-my-f12.578820/page-2

The recommendation regarding the Corsa tyres was for the OP as the alternative to MPSC2.

Currently there's no real good solution for MPSC2 for the 812.

Caeruleus11 likes this.