Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 107 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just curious. Why does it seem like GPF is talked about a lot on Ferraris, but doesn't seem to be an issue at other brands like Lamborghini or Porsche? Am I wrong in this observation?

of2worlds likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Because ferrari owners like to complain. :)

3. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol. Is Ferrari the only one putting these in their cars right now?

I have a deposit on an F8 and starting to get concerned about the sound quality. I was planning on switching out the exhaust system, but I'm reading that might not help on this car due to sensors being placed before and after the turbos?

Anthony Capone likes this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's not fair. Im concerned because we have high sulphur fuel. Something the GPF wont like. But at the launch Ferrari reps said that it can handle it. Frankly i really dont car because a) sound was great and b) if the GPF ****s itself ill take Ferrari on to replace it.

Porsche , different approach they are just putting the canister in line with baffles to mimic the GPF..

I dont know any other manufacturer putting them in.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Only know a few words of Italian, but i would much prefer this to the Vloggers shouting WOW/OMG/Crazy ! etc etc

Ohanoune likes this.
  6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie

Mercedes-Benz is the first manufacturer to opt for the large-scale use of particulate filters for petrol engines to further improve their environmental compatibility.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/Particulate-filters-for-petrol-engines-Even-cleaner-thanks-to-filter.xhtml?oid=14317014

BMW: the biggest change we need to be aware of is the addition of a so-called Otto particulate filter to all of its petrol-powered engines.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/05/31/all-bmw-petrol-engines-will-have-particulate-filters-starting-this-summer/

Its on the internet so it must be true

7. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    Has anybody seen Rosso Mugello (non-metallic version) in person? Is the non-metallic version a new? I am trying to understand how deep of a red it is. I am hoping it's almost maroon.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  8. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the info.

I have an AMG GT63 4door. The exhaust note is pretty good. I assume it's got the particulate filter based o What you are saying. Why is the use of this filter so detrimental to the Ferrari exhaust note and not the AMG cars?

Ash Patel likes this.
  9. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Rosso Mugello is non-metallic, has always been. There is just one single version, there are no different versions of rosso Mugello. It's a solid, non metallic, dark red. Next step darker than rosso Corsa but nothing like maroon IMO.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    Makes sense. Thanks for your reply. In photos, it's a completely different color in direct sunlight vs shade.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    In theory it is detrimental to the sound of all cars. The thing is that one of Ferraris' trademarks and USPs is their sound and thus people take serious notice of any change. That said, noise limits are getting lower, so filters or no filters, cars will have to get a bit quieter.

Regarding AMGs... never liked their sound; way too " heavy and american".

Solid State and ingegnere like this.
  12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Interesting point. First the GPF does affect both performance and sound. However in many other marques, these disadvantages are better tolerated by the customer. For example I read that the introduction of the GPF affected a certain model from another car manufacturer in terms of creating a bit more turbo lag and a slight reduction in HP. But customers didn't seem to mind it, since turbo lag was part of that models DNA anyway . And since that turbo car don't sound great to begin with, the additional negative audio effect of the GPF was hardly worth mentioning.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Lots of discussion on RL. Don’t worry, Ferrari customers are certainly not the only ones concerned with noise.

Il Co-Pilota and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Australia

German brands such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen have so far excluded from Australia cars equipped with petrol particulate filters amid concerns our fuel would clog filters and choke engines. ... Porsche's U-turn means there is still no car on sale in Australia with a petrol particulate filter.Feb 28, 2019

Ohanoune and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
  16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    :), thats what I like about my AMG!

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Dont like black at all. The lines, detail and curves of the car are obscured.

elmadi, Ohanoune, JTSE30 and 4 others like this.
  18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Love the sound of the 4.0 V8 in my AMG GTS, sounds like a big block engine.

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Here is one recent review where the commentator says the sound of the F8 is improved. Go to the 2-minute mark where the commentator talks briefly about the sound and then fast forward to the 9 minutes 51-second mark where he talks about the Hot Tube in more detail. The entire review is very positive.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Seems like the reviews are generally very positive ,so far.Yet to see one where it is pushed hard on the track though...

elmadi likes this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I just can’t over look how good looking the F8 is to me. There’s nothing I’d change aesthetically other than the door handles and the door key hole. That’s literally all.

9nb, Ash Patel and stavura like this.