Wondering where to take my FF for Smog in NoCal (Bay) | FerrariChat

Wondering where to take my FF for Smog in NoCal (Bay)

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Sep 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi guys,

ANyone has a place they recommend to get a newer model smogged (13 ff) in norcal ?

NAt

2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    FoSF did my last one and I’m very happy with their service.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

They did in my Testarossa too but pretty far. Might ask Redwood City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I use the Valero station at Whipple and 101 in Redwood City. Cheap and quick. He just attaches a pod to the eport and the engine measures itself.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    I’ve always used Roselli in San Jose. He works with a local shop that knows how to test the cars. My last quote from F of SilVal was crazy expensive.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    I've had good luck w MIddlefield SMOG. Not scared of Ferrari's but pretty respectful. Will listen to requests on how to close / open doors etc as opposed to demanding you move to the waiting room to sweat on what they're doing with your pride&joy.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks guys! I used Roselli for my testarossa in the past but I wanted a quick in and out space so I will try the station in Redwood City.

8. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Keep in mind that a smog test for a newer car is just plugging in the smog code reader and confirming that the car has no emission faults. Any smog shop can to that. It's unlike that for older cars (my car!) where the smog shops have to run the car on a treadmill / dyno and measure the tailpipe emissions.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s good to know... I know near Roselli for my TR a lot shop take under the table Benjamin’s to pass the cars...I’m glad I can go anywhere for this one!

10. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I took my 458 to David at Auto Mall Smog 43026 Christy St Fremont 510-490-7664. Quick service, and easy driveways. :)

11. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've been taking all my cars, including my 2010 California GT and 2000 Honda S2000 to Telegraph Star Smog at Telegraph Ave and Claremont Ave in Oakland. It's a bit of a dive smog shop, and on the expensive side, but the two people who've handled my cars the last few years have been friendly, knowledgeable, and careful. It's near my house and there is virtually never a wait - so works for me.

12. robert_fulton

robert_fulton Rookie

Apr 28, 2004
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Fulton
    I like 7 Days a Week Smog on San Pablo in Berkeley. They are fast, inexpensive, clean and do a great job on my 98 550. (The last time I went there, the next customer behind me was driving a Ford GT)